Dak is good enough to win a Super Bowl--is Garrett?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What has wentz, rivers, kirk cousins, case keenam, etc won? not much so why is it a big deal that dak did not win
the only playoff game he was ever in?
dak hasnt played long enough to whine about he hasnt won anything.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
We'll have to disagree on that.

I've done it with a couple of plays in this forum, but I can do it with at least 2 dozen other incompletions this season - passes that **looked** like Dak was inaccurate (and were, in many cases, called as inaccurate throws during the broadcast), but were actually very good passes that resulted in incompletions because the receiver changed course after the ball was thrown. An obvious example was the Olawale drop near the end zone, but there are many others.

The bottom line is that Dak is already playing winning football on a very young team. He'll continue to develop, as will his receiving corps. Too bad our o-line was compromised this year. There are better QBs with better o-lines and better wide outs that will be watching the playoffs from home (Green Bay, Atlanta).

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak is a combo of Steve McNair and Dilfer. So is that good enough to get there? YES...to win? I would say likely not...and as far as Garrett, he is what he is... s stepping stone to the next HC. Class act, just not a great HC. After watching Lincoln Riley last night...I say no way ho sea! Ive soured on him. He aint ready for primetime. Give me Nicky Saban like yesterday. Don't care what we have to pay him...HE WINS. The caveat is...I would not hate it if we hired Kris Richard as HC. The guy is beloved,respected by staffers,players league wide. He may be a hot coaching candidate in the offseason. HE IS ALL THAT.I keep hearing also that Bob Stoops is on Jerry's shortlist. Wouldn't love it...but its still an upgrade over JG.

Rayman70

Reaction score
LETS BE CLEAR...Jerry put JG on notice 6 weeks ago or more. Did he save his job? NOT YET....he must make a run in the second season...which are the playoffs. If we go 1 and done...JG is likely a goner.

Rayman70

Reaction score
still...if I had a choice between drafting Wentz or Dak in round 1 in the 2016 draft, I would draft Dak ahead of him. In my opinion, we haven't seen Wentz live up to the hype. Its early in his career, but he looks like he isn't the same player.Dak is just the better QB right now.FOLES is better than Wentz,period.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I've done it with a couple of plays in this forum, but I can do it with at least 2 dozen other incompletions this season - passes that **looked** like Dak was inaccurate (and were, in many cases, called as inaccurate throws during the broadcast), but were actually very good passes that resulted in incompletions because the receiver changed course after the ball was thrown. An obvious example was the Olawale drop near the end zone, but there are many others.

The bottom line is that Dak is already playing winning football on a very young team. He'll continue to develop, as will his receiving corps. Too bad our o-line was compromised this year. There are better QBs with better o-lines and better wide outs that will be watching the playoffs from home (Green Bay, Atlanta).

So you think he's, "one of the most accurate," in the NFL?

ghst187

Reaction score
Dak might be good enough but OC is clearly not not is OL this year.
JG is garbage but could just be a figure head.
It’s possible but won’t be this year and won’t be without some significant changes starting at OC who will have to play to Daks strengths.

ICP

Reaction score
Lol, No and No

Edit - answer to Dak is maybe if he has a competit coach

jnday

Reaction score
Agree 110%. Players are only going to perform how they're coached and what their told. Some of our fan base is ignorant to the obvious.
Are you really implying that Garrett and Linehan is coaching Dak to fumble, throw passes in the dirt and hang on to the ball entirely too long? The coaches don’t coach these things. Inaccuracy and poor pocket awareness is due to a lack of talent., not poor coaching. Do you think they totally overlook these failures and forget to mention them after each game?

jnday

Reaction score
still...if I had a choice between drafting Wentz or Dak in round 1 in the 2016 draft, I would draft Dak ahead of him. In my opinion, we haven't seen Wentz live up to the hype. Its early in his career, but he looks like he isn't the same player.Dak is just the better QB right now.FOLES is better than Wentz,period.
Wentz’s injuries has hurt him more than anything. It seems like he has not recovered from the injuries that he had last year. He reminds me of Bradford with the career killing injuries. I don’t know if Wentz will ever return to being the QB that he should have been. If he had not been injured, who knows? He might have been the best QB in the league by now.