Dak is hurt - ankle boot!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If Trey Lance throws three TD's and passes for 250 yards while running for another 60 in his first preseason game?

This site and every other site dedicated to the Cowboys will go absolutely nuclear.

Of course, that scenario has less than a percent of probability.....but it would be fun to see everyone's reaction.
If Lance can’t beat out a one-legged quarterback it will go nuclear.

Flamma

Reaction score
Good. Minor foot sprain in July is nothing to worry about. I’m not going to worry unless he can’t practice or something is said about it in TC. Until TC this is a non story IMO.
It can't be a minor foot sprain. If you played a lot of sports, you probably got minor ankle sprains. They need no tending to. Let alone a boot.

nobody

Reaction score
Accidents happen. Dude's a choker in the playoffs, but I hope he recovers quickly and cleanly with no lingering effects.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NEVER post Dallas Morning News content of any kind on CowboysZone.com. No exceptions.

This includes links to Calvin Watkins' SportsDay X account. This particular X account is a DMN account.

For further information concerning DMN content, please review the information stated in this August 20, 2017 sticky announcement by clicking the link below:

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/rem...e-no-longer-allow-their-content-on-cz.383131/

Thread re-opened.

Edit: Additionally, never quote your fellow member's posts containing anything to do with DMN content.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
A minor foot sprain does not warrant a walking boot. Unless you have previous injuries you don't want to aggravate...which now brings into question the overall durability.

I agree that this does not threaten Dak as QB1, but this team spins EVERYTHING.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yup.

And Lance would be QB1.
That would all depend on if he ends up the back up this season camp and what we do during the off-season and the draft next April. There would be a competition for QB1.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A minor foot sprain does not warrant a walking boot. Unless you have previous injuries you don't want to aggravate...which now brings into question the overall durability.

Fans spin EVERYTHING as well.

Why can't fans take what was said at face value? It is minor and the boot is precautionary. Minor injuries can become more, if not properly taken care of.
And for a professional athlete, it is a good thing to do.
For anyone else, yeah most would wrap it or just walk around on it. As it is not needed to walk from your car to your work area or desk.

But fans want to make it a major issue more than it really is, or may be.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Why can't fans take what was said at face value? It is minor and the boot is precautionary. Minor injuries can become more, if not properly taken care of.
For anyone else, yeah most would wrap it or just walk around on it. As it is not needed to walk from your car to your work area or desk.

Because wearing a walking boot to go deep sea fishing is a ridiculous excuse.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
He’s hurt now so JJ will finally write him a check. He did the same thing after Dak’s foot was facing the wrong way 4 years ago. It’s the JJ thing to do.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

If Dak misses time, it means more snaps at QB1 for Lance.

Might as well get the Kid ready sooner than later.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score

Spin and speculation are 2 different things my friend. Fans are INVITED to speculate...and fans DETEST spin from their teams. Well...the smart ones do.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

Fans certainly need to be patient as we only have a fraction of the story here, but it does create a ton of interesting discussion given the situation the Cowboys are in.

You bring up durability which could be a massive one. Dak is now on the "wrong" side of 30 and since 2020 has only had one injury free season which was last year. This may end up being a very minor issue for Dak and he may not miss a single snap due to this injury, but I could certainly see it effecting how much and how long Jerry/Stephen would be interested in extending him for.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Spin and speculation are 2 different things my friend. Fans are INVITED to speculate...and fans DETEST spin from their teams. Well...the smart ones do.
Yes and I’m one of the smart ones. so why does anything a team says is a spin on the topic.
It is the fans that spin it, and there are many not so smart fans, as we witness in here every day.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Why should he hold out when he’s going to be a free agent at the end of the season and choose the highest bidder? He’s going to get paid big by either the Cowboys or someone else.
But why fake an injury that would cost him preparation time? This could end up affecting how he plays and end up costing him money.