Dak is hurt - ankle boot!

jwitten82

Reaction score
Dak has had far more concerning injuries by this age than Romo, who really wasn't injury-laden until about 34.
Romo also didn't start his first full season until 2007 when he was 27. If we're talking about durability, Dak has that attribute over Romo

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo also didn't start his first full season until 2007 when he was 27. If we're talking about durability, Dak has that attribute over Romo
The days of roughing up a QB like they did Aikman, and to a large extent Romo's early-mid career...are long gone.

QB's get injured now by breaking their ankles all by themselves.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak has too, the whole team has
If you’re not playing well as a team and your defense is being overwhelmed your QB isn’t going to succeed. Show me a QB that’s won a championship when their defense is being overwhelmed and is clearly incompetent. Go find a game in previous seasons where the Cowboys put up over 500 total yards and 30+ points and got blown out.

erod

Reaction score
Dak didn't make it to 30 before he lost two steps.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This year, yes, but not the two losses to San Francisco. Those were on Dak.
The only loss that was on Dak was in 2022. In the loss to San Francisco in 2021 they road graded us for 169 yards on the ground and controlled the clock. They dominated us in the trenches. Not wasting anymore time with this.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Schefter is now reporting that its a Chupacabra bite and that the animal has tested negative for rabies.

Full steam ahead for the 2024 season.
I'm glad to hear that Dak didn't give the animal rabies. :laugh:

erod

Reaction score
The only loss that was on Dak was in 2022. In the loss to San Francisco in 2021 they road graded us for 169 yards on the ground and controlled the clock. They dominated us in the trenches. Not wasting anymore time with this.
That can be dealt with if you can sustain time-consuming drives yourself. Dak couldn't, and the defense wore down.

It's simple. Most playoff opponents are good, and you have to show up to beat them.

jwitten82

Reaction score
If you’re not playing well as a team and your defense is being overwhelmed your QB isn’t going to succeed. Show me a QB that’s won a championship when their defense is being overwhelmed and is clearly incompetent. Go find a game in previous seasons where the Cowboys put up over 500 total yards and 30+ points and got blown out.
Show me a defense who can succeed if the offense keeps going 3 and out.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Of course youre done. I finished you on that debate a long time ago

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Eagles defense gave up over 600 yards of offense to the Patriots…and beat them in a Super Bowl. That was years ago.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Why is it? Things can happen on a boat just as it can walking in your own home. Especially as the boat in water is not always stable.
LOL! So you know a lot of peeps who go Deep sea fishing with walking boots do you ?

Chokota fans will believe anything

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Eagles defense gave up over 600 yards of offense to the Patriots…and beat them in a Super Bowl. That was years ago.
You won’t find a game the Cowboys won where that happened to them. That was a crazy game between Philly and New England. Both QBs had field days.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Of course youre done. I finished you on that debate a long time ago
You’ve living in a fantasy world if you think you finished me off in any debate we’ve had. lol Anyone who thinks Dak is the reason we lost BOTH those games is blinded by their hate for Dak. He clearly lost the game in 2022. That was the worst playoff game of his career and the only playoff game we lost while he’s been the QB where our defense played respectively. Although he didn’t play real well in 2021, he was far from terrible. It could be argued he outplayed Jimmy G, who didn’t play very well himself. It was our defense that cost us that game. We got completely dominated upfront for 169 rushing yards.

San Francisco set the tone on their opening possession by taking the ball down the field and scoring uncontested. Our defense got manhandled! The 49ers controlled the ball for over 34 minutes and we still had a chance to tie the game in the end. Jimmy G only had to attempt 25 passes and we never sacked him once. Dak attempted over 40 passes because we couldn’t run the ball and had pressure on him all day. Had our defense played well and gave our offense more opportunities we would have won that game. Save yourself a long reply, I’m not going any further with this.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Show me a defense who can succeed if the offense keeps going 3 and out.
We only went 3 and out once against the Packers and that was because of an INT. The Packers had a 14 play scoring drive on their opening possession. Are you going to blame the offense for that? We had over 500 yards of offense in that game with 37 first downs. Our damn defense got plenty of rest, but couldn’t stop the Packers no matter what. Funny how some of you keep making excuses for our the defense. :rolleyes: