Dak is hurt - ankle boot!

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
When was the last time Dak played in pre season, 2016?
I might be wrong, but if I remember, it was years ago against the Cardinals? In fact, I think I was watching it at the airport waiting on a flight to Seattle. Why I remember that preseason game I have no idea.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Much to do about nothing. Dak doesn't play in the preseason. He won't be needed until September—lots of time for him to heal and get ready.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I have no time to read all these posts, but if Dak's ankle is not at 100% (which it seems it's not) why on earth are we going to invest another 5 years of him as our QB? He can yell until the cows come home that all is good coming on a contract year but is Jerry even this stupid to believe it?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But why fake an injury that would cost him preparation time? This could end up affecting how he plays and end up costing him money.
Who says he’s faking an injury? He didn’t miss any OTA’s and camp hasn’t started yet.

Flamma

Reaction score
I might be wrong, but if I remember, it was years ago against the Cardinals? In fact, I think I was watching it at the airport waiting on a flight to Seattle. Why I remember that preseason game I have no idea.
You're definitely not wrong about the game against the Cardinals. But I'm pretty sure it was just Rush and Mike White at QB. That was back when teams still had their starters play a series or two. But Dallas didn't.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Why is it? Things can happen on a boat just as it can walking in your own home. Especially as the boat in water is not always stable.
Well, for one, it would make you more likely to slip and get injured on a fishing boat. Two, it’s a medical device. Three, it isn’t used to prevent injury.

plymkr

Reaction score
well that’s a resent picture due to the leg tattoo. all i got to say is where is the little baby, left her with the nanny i guess.
Mike Fisher reported this was a recent picture. Sometime after mini camp to now. It took Fisher 31 minutes to say it and I left out the male modeling and his wife signing.

In fact I’m pretty sure while Fish was very slowly reporting this story Dak took off the boot.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Who says he’s faking an injury? He didn’t miss any OTA’s and camp hasn’t started yet.
The person I was responding to had a theory that Dak might have faked it to avoid any potential camp injuries, I was trying to debunk it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The person I was responding to had a theory that Dak might have faked it to avoid any potential camp injuries, I was trying to debunk it.
Don’t listen to those who think he’s faking an injury. He participated in all the OTA’s, at least the ones that were mandatory. If he was going to fake an injury, he would have done it before OTA’s and not participated. He’s not going to want to miss any training camp because he’s not going to play in preseason. He wants to be ready for this season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Time to give dak das boot!
It’s not time when you don’t have a viable QB behind him. Some of you can’t wait to throw someone else in there regardless if they can play so we can end up competing for the basement in the NFC East.

Jipper

Reaction score
It’s not time when you don’t have a viable QB behind him. Some of you can’t wait to throw someone else in there regardless if they can play so we can end up competing for the basement in the NFC East.
That's fair for sure- but I'm so over him I am OK with them going with Lance or rush and losing...it's gotten that bad unfortunately...

With dak there is no opportunity for a playoff run so there is no point...at least with the unknown there is a possibility of a different outcome

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's fair for sure- but I'm so over him I am OK with them going with Lance or rush and losing...it's gotten that bad unfortunately...

With dak there is no opportunity for a playoff run so there is no point...at least with the unknown there is a possibility of a different outcome
Exactly, you’re okay with losing, which is likely what’s going to happen for who knows how long until we find another franchise QB. I’m sorry, but I’m not okay with suffering through bad seasons, watching the team lose. I’ve been there when we were stuck without a QB and it’s not fun. What could make the situation much worse is if Dak goes to a good team and has success, while we’re losing. Go ahead and laugh, but he’s more than capable of leading the right team to a Super Bowl. You give him a solid defense and a running game and there’s no doubt in my mind he can do it. I could just imagine the meltdown on this board if that were to happen. lol

Jipper

Reaction score
Exactly, you’re okay with losing, which is likely what’s going to happen for who knows how long until we find another franchise QB. I’m sorry, but I’m not okay with suffering through bad seasons, watching the team lose. I’ve been there when we were stuck without a QB and it’s not fun. What could make the situation much worse is if Dak goes to a good team and has success, while we’re losing. Go ahead and laugh, but he’s more than capable of leading the right team to a Super Bowl. You give him a solid defense and a running game and there’s no doubt in my mind he can do it. I could just imagine the meltdown on this board if that were to happen. lol
I get it unfortunately I can't do it again, last year broke something in me...but I do support your view and approach and understand...just not where I am

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
When I saw this pic earlier, I went online, completed an orthopedic MD program and have come back to reassure everyone that I have reviewed the situation and determined that this is no big deal.

I’ll put my expertise up against anyone here at The Zone on this matter.
You sure you didn’t stay at a holiday inn?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I get it unfortunately I can't do it again, last year broke something in me...but I do support your view and approach and understand...just not where I am
It was the 2022 season that almost broke me with Dak. However, last season gave me hope despite what happened in the playoffs. He went from leading the league in INT’s in 2022 to leading the league in TDs. He had an MVP caliber season last year. I get that it didn’t work out in the playoffs, but it wasn’t entirely his fault and if it was, I would be on board with a majority of the fans that it’s time for a change. I believe firmly that if we could somehow build a solid defense that shows up in the playoffs and give him a consistent running game, that we could go a long way with him. He’s having to do too much. There’s been some damn good QBs in the NFL struggle because they’re having to do too much. We saw what happened to Mahomes a few years ago in the Super Bowl against Tampa. He struggled mightily.

Lamar Jackson has had his issues in the playoffs because it all gets put on him. Josh Allen has had his issues in the playoffs and fans are getting frustrated with him. In my opinion, it’s a huge mistake to move on from a very productive QB who has a high regular season winning percentage because things haven’t gone great in the playoffs. Matt Stafford was 0-3 in the playoffs in Detroit and many were putting the blame on him despite being very productive. He even had a losing regular season record but as soon as he got on a real good team, he immediately wins a Super Bowl. He even led the league in INT‘s that season with the Rams and had two INT’s in the Super Bowl but his defense stepped up. Fans can say what they want but we have a QB that’s good enough to win a Super Bowl on the right team.

erod

Reaction score
Dak has had far more concerning injuries by this age than Romo, who really wasn't injury-laden until about 34.

erod

Reaction score
It was the 2022 season that almost broke me with Dak. However, last season gave me hope despite what happened in the playoffs. He went from leading the league in INT’s in 2022 to leading the league in TDs. He had an MVP caliber season last year. I get that it didn’t work out in the playoffs, but it wasn’t entirely his fault and if it was, I would be on board with a majority of the fans that it’s time for a change. I believe firmly that if we could somehow build a solid defense that shows up in the playoffs and give him a consistent running game, that we could go a long way with him. He’s having to do too much. There’s been some damn good QBs in the NFL struggle because they’re having to do too much. We saw what happened to Mahomes a few years ago in the Super Bowl against Tampa. He struggled mightily.

Lamar Jackson has had his issues in the playoffs because it all gets put on him. Josh Allen has had his issues in the playoffs and fans are getting frustrated with him. In my opinion, it’s a huge mistake to move on from a very productive QB who has a high regular season winning percentage because things haven’t gone great in the playoffs. Matt Stafford was 0-3 in the playoffs in Detroit and many were putting the blame on him despite being very productive. He even had a losing regular season record but as soon as he got on a real good team, he immediately wins a Super Bowl. He even led the league in INT‘s that season with the Rams and had two INT’s in the Super Bowl but his defense stepped up. Fans can say what they want but we have a QB that’s good enough to win a Super Bowl on the right team.
This is all table dressing.

It's not that Dak hasn't won these playoff games. It's that he looks overwhelmed and incompetent in the losses.