Dak Is/Isn’t A Franchise QB Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by big dog cowboy, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

9,626 Messages
    9,927 Likes Received
    I’m seeing something I haven’t seen in a while. the Cowboys haven’t had a losing SEASON yet with Dak. And 9-7 , 10-6 , 6-7 is not a 500 record. It also says a lot that at 24/25 years old Dak has a playoff win. He’s definitely good enough to win with. With a new staff in place and some fresh juice he can be really successful. Garrett has been here 10 years he is what he is. Don’t compare a HC to A QB. A better HC would have got the Cowboys to at least the NFC Championship game in 2016. Garrett was 1-11 without Romo. So no he’s not a good coach. He should have been fired then in 2015. Dak’s wins include @ GB @ Pittsburgh , he’s 5-1 vs the Eagles and beat Seattle in the playoffs. And he was a huge part in all those big wins.

2. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

17,943 Messages
    16,176 Likes Received
    Embarrassing. Just stop.

He's Alex Smith - he's a guy who you always want to upgrade from, he's not the answer. This is why our fan base gets routinely mocked.

3. Pessimist_cowboy

9,626 Messages
    9,927 Likes Received
    There’s not a single GM that would take Kirk Cousins over Dak. That dude is soft. Everyone knows it, he a joke in the league. The Vikings even know it if you watch the way they design their game plans. It’s to take the ball out of Cousins hands the most efficient way possible. If they have to rely on him they know they’re screwed. Don’t be surprised if the Vikings draft a QB in the 1st round.

4. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

26,361 Messages
    21,817 Likes Received
    Neither the Cowboys or the Eagles deserve to be in the playoffs.

The league should change the rule about auto seedings, if you dont have at least 9 wins you dont go to the playoffs. Going to the playoffs at 7-9 or 8-8 is more of an embarrassment than an accomplishment.

5. Pessimist_cowboy

9,626 Messages
    9,927 Likes Received
    I never called Dak elite. I said he’s good enough to win with. Did you read? Let’s see him with a new staff in place. You’ll have no choice, it’s coming.

6. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

17,943 Messages
    16,176 Likes Received
    Good enough to win WHAT? A playoff game? Who gives a freakin' crap? What does that give us, lower draft pick? It means absolutely nothing. You want mediocrity, and for someone who is a "pessimist", what a way to settle like that.

Again, it's just embarrassing. Push for better entertainment.

WillieBeamen, FTWayne and PAPPYDOG like this.
  7. starcity214

starcity214 Well-Known Member

808 Messages
    1,576 Likes Received
    I see you included that win against the Eagle's third string players in the season finale of 2017. Winz baby.

You can see it how you want to, all I know is, the front office doesn't have the same faith in your boy as you do.

How many times did you hear the Eagles or Rams say their QBs needed to take a team friendly deal? Remember, our front office was saying that before tbose 2 got their deals and keep in mind, both of those QBs had already made plenty of money.. it would make more sense for them to take a pay instead of Dak..

Speaks volumes.

FTWayne, Swagger and PAPPYDOG like this.
  8. basel90

basel90 Well-Known Member

533 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    Trubisky outplayed Dak , big time
    Trubisky’s record as Chicago’s starter (22-16, .579) is now better than Dak’s (25-20, .556).

We said all along , Dak is average and is not a top 10 QB by any stretch... but no one wants to listen .

Vandyr, WillieBeamen, Swagger and 3 others like this.
  9. FTWayne

FTWayne Well-Known Member

869 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    Pay Mitch! All he does is win.

10. Retro88

Retro88 Active Member

127 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    Lmao. Top 10-15 QB but somehow not a franchise QB. This board is wild.

11. Swagger

Swagger Well-Known Member

890 Messages
    842 Likes Received
    Yes the defense got gutted last night but the offense left many plays on the field during the first three quarters including Prescott which also contributed to the loss.

It makes me laugh when people say that Prescott is clutch and brings it in the fourth quarter...you mean when defenses are gassed and/or playing soft coverage thus allowing completions and yards to be gained?

If Prescott was a franchise quarterback then he would bring it from the first whistle.

You can't just play well in the final quarter - like last night, the team will fall too far behind and it then turns in to garbage time and stat padding.

People who like their analytics will know that when Prescott has been faced with a good defense this season, he has played poorly in every game except the Vikings who are notoriously weaker away from home.

I gave him a pass for the Patriots game (weather, glove, Belichick etc) but the last two games have reinforced that he just isn't good enough if we want to win a Superbowl which is all I care about for this team.

There are many issues with this team but surely everyone is concerned with how Prescott played against good defenses (Bills, Bears, Patriots, Saints) plus the Packers and Jets. He looked a million dollars against the poor sides but then...every quarterback does!

basel90 likes this.
  12. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

7,921 Messages
    21,010 Likes Received
    basel90, Swagger and black label like this.
  13. Cmac

Cmac Well-Known Member

4,188 Messages
    3,027 Likes Received
    …...it was the cold weather coming off the lake.

14. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

7,921 Messages
    21,010 Likes Received
    How could anybody think this guy is even close to as good as Romo was?

His flaws as a qb are evident every single week. Raise your hand if you know when we get inside the 10, we have almost no chance at throwing for a TD...

Vandyr, starcity214, Swagger and 2 others like this.
  15. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

9,291 Messages
    6,752 Likes Received
    He never was, he is what he is... AVERAGE.

basel90 and black label like this.
  16. Section446

9,291 Messages
    6,752 Likes Received
    I destroyed Romo for years, the guy just wasn't a Super Bowl caliber QB, but he was Tom Brady compared to Dak.

17. Section446

9,291 Messages
    6,752 Likes Received
    That's what the sheep don't seem to realize, statistics are completely meaningless. The guy just isn't a good QB, that's all there is to it.

WillieBeamen and starcity214 like this.
  18. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

10,792 Messages
    6,291 Likes Received
    He don’t suck as bad as Dak. He easily outplayed Dak last night.

19. Section446

9,291 Messages
    6,752 Likes Received
    Dak has been outplayed by almost every QB we've played against this year.

Vandyr, jnday, WillieBeamen and 2 others like this.
  20. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

4,845 Messages
    5,150 Likes Received
    Last couple weeks I have givin him the benefit of doubt since appears to have improved but all I got out of it was fools gold. Dak really does pad his stats in garbage time. Dak has the cold streaks that last way too long in critical situations. This is what you get when you go cheap at QB. Heck when is the last time Dak came out and shredded a decent opponent. People see the defense crumbling but they seem to be blind that Dak continually going 3 and out isnt helping matters.
    This team will not win anything with Dak as the QB.

Vandyr and Swagger like this.