Dak is like a needy son-in-law

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Touchy today, huh?

Do you do this whenever somebody does not agree with you?

We are just discussing.

Why is it when somebody does not agree here, it seems people have to resort to some kind of attack to make themselves known.?

Weird.
Yeah I just had to deal with it in another thread. Mentioned someone left out a scenario then they told me I'm smarter than a 4th grader. I think alot of people online come online to be the person they wish they were offline.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is my analogy of the debate about Dak as our QB..

It's sort of like you have a daughter. She is getting married. The guy does not make alot of money. You try to tell your daughter this and that she will probably struggle her whole marriage.

But she insists and she marries him. You end up helping raise the kids because they are always broke and you have to keep propping up their family with money under the table.

After time goes by, there will be a divorce and the daughter and kids move in with you and you have to be dad and father and provider constantly. You do it becuz you love your family but what you really want is to have the daughter find another guy who can get the job done and not need constant help.

Now..what am I saying?

Ok..

Dak is the needy son in law, he wants to succeed but he needs a ton of help. You as the owner GM like your son in law and want his daughter to be protected and taken care of.

So you spend like crazy to put players around Dak and pay DAK to succeed.

But it is a constant and ongoing process and things just do not get to a closure of a title for the team.

We did this once already with Romo. Jerrah is doing it again with Dak.

I am not a Dak hater. I am a Cowboy Lover.

I wish there was a better scenario but there is not.

So we as fans sit..and wait.

And worry and spit nails and debate.

Sound familiar?

Comments certainly invited..not trying to rile you guys up. Only get things in context using easily understood scenarios. The younger fans will have no clue what the hey I am saying.

You older guys know EXACTLY what I am saying.
So, essentially you are saying Dak needs a strong supporting cast to succeed, to which I will ask, what QB doesn't?

Granted, there are a few QBs that can get by with somewhat less than others. Brady in his prime. Rodgers. Mahomes. Wilson. Brees.

But none of them win the big prize without considerable talent with them, and they only account for 5 QB's out of 32 teams. So, is the point that no team can win without one of those 5?

And if you need a QB like that, where do you get it? Some seem to think it isn't that difficult, yet the truth is those kinds of QBs are so rare that to even fill out that list of 5 it took including 3 QB's that were drafted between 15 and 20 years ago. Only one was drafted in the last 5 years. Accordingly, teams can't count on finding those kinds of QBs, so most teams have to find a quality QB that is somewhat below their level, and build a team that he can win with. That's the formula, and we can't ignore that by pretending we can just go out and find an elite guy like one of those 5.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3ujqfi.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Touchy today, huh?

Do you do this whenever somebody does not agree with you?

We are just discussing.

Why is it when somebody does not agree here, it seems people have to resort to some kind of attack to make themselves known.?

Weird.
No attack, really. It just is what it is. And your rambling post above does not illustrate anything but your own disillusion.

Dak was drafted by a team that had a tenured starting QB in the fourth round with a compensatory pick. He made the most of his opportunity and climbed up the depth chart to QB1 and has won a lot of games in this league and is now seeking payment for his services after being one of the most underpaid starting players in this league. Nothing needy about that to me.

I'm not a huge Dak fan in a traditional sense, but it's too beautiful outside today for me to be worried about somebody else's pockets.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

It's sort of like you have a daughter. She is getting married. The guy does not make alot of money. You try to tell your daughter this and that she will probably struggle her whole marriage.

But she insists and she marries him. You end up helping raise the kids because they are always broke and you have to keep propping up their family with money under the table.

After time goes by, there will be a divorce and the daughter and kids move in with you and you have to be dad and father and provider constantly. You do it becuz you love your family but what you really want is to have the daughter find another guy who can get the job done and not need constant help.

Now..what am I saying?

Ok..

Dak is the needy son in law, he wants to succeed but he needs a ton of help. You as the owner GM like your son in law and want his daughter to be protected and taken care of.

But it is a constant and ongoing process and things just do not get to a closure of a title for the team.

Sound familiar?

Comments certainly invited..not trying to rile you guys up. Only get things in context using easily understood scenarios. The younger fans will have no clue what the hey I am saying.

No Dak is a like a guy who had recently dropped out of college married your well-employed daughter.
He started a business and far exceeded expectations.
Your Daughter quickly quit her job and now lunches after dropping the kids off at day care even tho she is now a stay at home Mom.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think that if you look at Dak’s resume’ his rookie year or last year you draw the conclusion that he is a top 10 QB or maybe even top 5 with upside.

I think if you look at the rest of his resume you are looking for an upgrade. I’m not sure which Dak is the real Dak.

I will say this. The Dak hate on this board is going to grow exponentially if we pay him top 5 money and he performs like he did in poor showings in prior years.

You will need a face shield to guard from the heat and radiation exposure from viewing this website if that happens.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I think that if you look at Dak’s resume’ his rookie year or last year you draw the conclusion that he is a top 10 QB or maybe even top 5 with upside.

I think if you look at the rest of his resume you are looking for an upgrade. I’m not sure which Dak is the real Dak.

I will say this. The Dak hate on this board is going to grow exponentially if we pay him top 5 money and he performs like he did in poor showings in prior years.

You will need a face shield to guard from the heat and radiation exposure from viewing this website if that happens.
He’s closer to the other person because he’s bever been close to that rookie year since. Outside of that he’s been a fringe playoff qb even with the stats this year so that’s who I think he is. 9-7 will get you in the playoffs sometimes sometimes not hence why I said fringe playoff qb. He might be too 5 in stats which is an improvement in fantasy land over the sub 300 games but all them stats didn’t change anything W/L wise.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Now..what am I saying?

Ok..

Sound familiar?

Take your temperature!!!! Orifice of your choice! Lol

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That is the problem with being too connect to a player....I guess?
I seen your post style...IMHO you just making an analogy with no malice. But, as you can see some of us with Daddy girl pasts are a little cross....:angry::lmao2:

What do you mean, "us?" I was kidding around and talking about the Cowboys. Meddling daddy = Jerry
What were YOU talking about?
:laugh:

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
In this analogy, the Parents (GM, FO) are telling the daughter (team) and kids (fans) that the son-in-law (Dak) is "your soul-mate"/"Role Model".

I like Dak. I really do. And I hope that he keeps developing. But he is NOT the best QB in the game and does NOT deserve to be the highest paid player in the history of the NFL. 7 years $25 million a year and I am COMPLETELY on board. 5 years $30 million, I could be on board. This silly 3 year $40+ million stuff? No thanks. If this goes on, I draft Love at 17 or Eason in round 2.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Now..what am I saying?

Ok..

Sound familiar?

Your hate for Dak is getting more pathetic by the minute. You really hate the guy huh? I suggest seeking therapy. Dak's not going anywhere and I worry about your mental health.

Qcard

Reaction score
No Dak is a like a guy who had recently dropped out of college married your well-employed daughter.
He started a business and far exceeded expectations.
Your Daughter quickly quit her job and now lunches after dropping the kids off at day care even tho she is now a stay at home Mom.
Then you recall telling your daughter "how is he going to make money playing on computers making video Apps? What the hell is an app? what is a FaceTime anyway??"

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I stopped after daughter......figured at that point it was just another we hate our QB thread
But if we posted a "romo never won anything" thread you;d be all up in it..Right? Or no? I do not know you but I know the type that posts what you just did.l;

I didn't note that you defended Romo...."our QB". though some pretty tough times. I must have missed it.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
No one knows whether or not this marriage will fail. Only time will tell. Dak could turn out to be prince charming.

A guy that steps in after the other guy has failed and takes care of the kids and your daughter.
Could happen.

I am not saying how it will end.

Only so far what has happened.

And while some people have had some experience in matters such as this..

younger fans will not. They will post like this as an attack on them.

They identify with being broke and being dumped becuz they do not have the lifestyle the GF friend wants.

They are a touch angry.

I understand. But do not take it out on me. This is about our team. Not me.