Dak is like a needy son-in-law

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Your hate for Dak is getting more pathetic by the minute. You really hate the guy huh? I suggest seeking therapy. Dak's not going anywhere and I worry about your mental health.
I don't think old boy hates Dak.
He is just having high anxiety over it all with the guy.
He's been stuck in rehab and quarantine exile for a hot minute so... the mind just gets to working and he's not bashful to share his ongoing thoughts.
Constantly.
Just constantly broadcasting his ongoing thoughts.

You suggest him seeking therapy. This may be his therapy.

Nav22

Reaction score
So this is what it looks like when a successful athlete takes a HUGE crap on some lowly, inferior hater who he’s never even met.

The lowly, inferior hater babbles incoherently about the successful athlete with his bottom lip quivering.

Hilarity ensues. The lowly hater is pelted with ridicule.

“DURRRR THE WILDLY SUCCESSFUL MULTI-MILLIONAIRE ATHLETE IS JUST LIKE MY BROKE SON-IN-LAW DURRRR.”
:angry:

You wish that was the case, Mr. Inferior.

Carnes

Reaction score
Here is my analogy of the debate about Dak as our QB..

It's sort of like you have a daughter. She is getting married. The guy does not make alot of money. You try to tell your daughter this and that she will probably struggle her whole marriage.

But she insists and she marries him. You end up helping raise the kids because they are always broke and you have to keep propping up their family with money under the table.

After time goes by, there will be a divorce and the daughter and kids move in with you and you have to be dad and father and provider constantly. You do it becuz you love your family but what you really want is to have the daughter find another guy who can get the job done and not need constant help.

Now..what am I saying?

Ok..

Dak is the needy son in law, he wants to succeed but he needs a ton of help. You as the owner GM like your son in law and want his daughter to be protected and taken care of.

So you spend like crazy to put players around Dak and pay DAK to succeed.

But it is a constant and ongoing process and things just do not get to a closure of a title for the team.

We did this once already with Romo. Jerrah is doing it again with Dak.

I am not a Dak hater. I am a Cowboy Lover.

I wish there was a better scenario but there is not.

So we as fans sit..and wait.

And worry and spit nails and debate.

Sound familiar?

Comments certainly invited..not trying to rile you guys up. Only get things in context using easily understood scenarios. The younger fans will have no clue what the hey I am saying.

You older guys know EXACTLY what I am saying.

How many other ways are you going to spin your opinion. We get it "YOU DON'T LIKE DAK"

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Then you recall telling your daughter "how is he going to make money playing on computers making video Apps? What the hell is an app? what is a FaceTime anyway??"
Stop.

I am laughing so hard right now.

Funny. Facetime used to be kissy face time.

I am a fossil.

So are you.

Proof

Reaction score

It's sort of like you have a daughter. She is getting married. The guy does not make alot of money. You try to tell your daughter this and that she will probably struggle her whole marriage.

But she insists and she marries him. You end up helping raise the kids because they are always broke and you have to keep propping up their family with money under the table.

After time goes by, there will be a divorce and the daughter and kids move in with you and you have to be dad and father and provider constantly. You do it becuz you love your family but what you really want is to have the daughter find another guy who can get the job done and not need constant help.

Now..what am I saying?

Ok..

Dak is the needy son in law, he wants to succeed but he needs a ton of help. You as the owner GM like your son in law and want his daughter to be protected and taken care of.

But it is a constant and ongoing process and things just do not get to a closure of a title for the team.

Sound familiar?

Comments certainly invited..not trying to rile you guys up. Only get things in context using easily understood scenarios. The younger fans will have no clue what the hey I am saying.

You are obsessed with Dak

My analogy is that he dated your daughter while he was a struggling med school student. He busted his *** to prove he was worthy to you. Smiled at your rudeness and digs at family gatherings, worked odd jobs to support them while he burned the midnight oil studying and cramming.
Now he’s graduated to become an MD and couldn’t care less what you think of him and makes you come to his house to see them

Corso

Reaction score
I had you on ignore for a long while, then took you off. That was obviously a mistake.
Aw... he's a good poster! He just tends to get hung up on Dak sometimes.
He brings interesting topics to the table.
More than I do...

Proof

Reaction score
No Dak is a like a guy who had recently dropped out of college married your well-employed daughter.
He started a business and far exceeded expectations.
Your Daughter quickly quit her job and now lunches after dropping the kids off at day care even tho she is now a stay at home Mom.

Oops! Should’ve read the thread before posting. You nailed it!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Now..what am I saying?

Ok..

Sound familiar?

:huh:

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

Now..what am I saying?

Ok..

Sound familiar?

LOL, this will not be PRETTY!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least we’ve got a new public enemy number one to hate on irrationally. We can all agree on that, right?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Move on bro.

This thread does require more from my reader.

Next time I will add some foggy statistics nobody can understand.

Then everybody can post.

Brilliant hey?

Whelp...there it is. No matter how you FEEL about the issue......red nailed it hard.

"where's the stats!!!:
"HERE!"
"that's *********"
"Why?"
"because I said so"/.
"no way"
"YOU are NO way!"

and so on.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah I just had to deal with it in another thread. Mentioned someone left out a scenario then they told me I'm smarter than a 4th grader. I think alot of people online come online to be the person they wish they were offline.
You say that a lot, I wonder if that's you.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo doesnt play on this team and no longer affects my fandom on my teams upcoming season.

I've already said why./ Just you choosing my comment to make your point is a reason. Why did you chose MINE? You bias that is why.

I've made my point clear. This could be the most....er....legitimate? debate in sports history. Even if no one is EVER gonna change their minds.

But ...VERY telling that YOU...chose to quote ME...to make your point. Ask yourself why and you'll find you answer.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Oh my..

Duh?

I would explain myself better but I was hoping my cautionary tale would be self explanatory.

For some they just want numbers.

So here..if Dak is resigned at $40mil/ yr it's over for us.

If he takes only $30 mil/ yr there will be money left over for Daddy Jerrah to leave something to the grandkids..

meaning we have money to hire other help to help the son in law..Dak.

More numbers..6-10.our record this year if the son in law does nor meet his $40mil/yr contract.

And the screaming will be loud.

But this is not a Dak thread.

It's a Cowboy thread. It's an analogy.

People here have difficulty thinking like that.

I can't help them then.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Now..what am I saying?

Ok..

Sound familiar?

Just realize its time to lower expectations. Hes going to be here the next 3-4 years and the jonses arent even playing hardball with how far they will go to keep him.

Corso

Reaction score
So this is what it looks like when a successful athlete takes a HUGE crap on some lowly, inferior hater who he’s never even met.

The lowly, inferior hater babbles incoherently about the successful athlete with his bottom lip quivering.

Hilarity ensues. The lowly hater is pelted with ridicule.

“DURRRR THE WILDLY SUCCESSFUL MULTI-MILLIONAIRE ATHLETE IS JUST LIKE MY BROKE SON-IN-LAW DURRRR.”
:angry:

You wish that was the case, Mr. Inferior.
Rough.
We all equate things to something familiar for better understanding.

Damn... why the heck am I defending @Redball Express so much?
I need to change the playlist on my headphones...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many other ways are you going to spin your opinion. We get it "YOU DON'T LIKE DAK"
Tell him....why ...he should "like" him.

Isn't that what this about? Criticizing other people for their opinion on the matter?

Why should anybody blindly follow Dak...even though he has weakness and...of course strengths too. So let;s get to it then. Why should someone never mention or expose faults and only support? Why can;t someone hate on Dak? Not like he's been given Tampa Bay Bucs to run. Pretty good team HERE...wouldn't you say?

I dunno....go ahead and rant......show me what;s what.