Dak is nearly on an elite pace against winning teams!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak got outplayed by Terry Bridgewater (backup ) and sam darnold ( rookie starter) and Trubisky (on the way out) and many others.
Teddy Bridgewateris a starter and Sam Darnold was not a rookie. And then you have 5 people like this comment when its full of inaccuracies lol.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Teddy Bridgewateris a starter and Sam Darnold was not a rookie. And then you have 5 people like this comment when its full of inaccuracies lol.

Teddy Bridgewater wasn't the starter when we faced the Saints. He was still a backup.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Most of us wanted to lose last year so Garrett would finally get canned.. It isn't far fetched to believe that Dak was riding that train as well.. It's crazy to think that there are actually fans out there dumb enough to put the Eagles loss on Dak, it's laughable... The whole team gave up, they knew the team was about to implode.
Well hell the team sure played like they too wanted to lose to get rid of Garrett.

dfense

Reaction score
"I get sick and tired of people forcing a narrative on this forum using their jaded feelings.."

Yet here we are.

ondaedg

Reaction score
LOL oh you don't know? It's not like Drew Brees hasn't bee playing at a HOF level for over a decade or anything. Why would longevity and where he is playing at at 40+ years old which is adding to his legacy....

Dak is somehow similar. And as I said, Garrett had the same record as Dak the past 4 seasons. Either W/L records matter here or they don't.

The point is that his win percentage vs winning teams is similar to other good to great QBs. Drew's career is clearly HOF level and noone is saying Dak is as good as Brees and a hall of famer. Noone.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Look bro, when a gaggle of extremist are on this forum tearing down our franchise quarterback and spouting facts on how Dak can't do it against winning teams I think stats are more than justified.

Dotard doesn’t understand that winning stats were suppressed due to Garret’s incompetency as a HC.

They will look even better under McCarthy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The point is that his win percentage vs winning teams is similar to other good to great QBs. Drew's career is clearly HOF level and noone is saying Dak is as good as Brees and a hall of famer. Noone.

That's the funny part and the irony. They write it off as "Ok but those guys are champions"......does that argument not work in Dak's favor? He has the same records as Super Bowl winning champions and he's a 1/3rd their age.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most of us wanted to lose last year so Garrett would finally get canned.. It isn't far fetched to believe that Dak was riding that train as well.. It's crazy to think that there are actually fans out there dumb enough to put the Eagles loss on Dak, it's laughable... The whole team gave up, they knew the team was about to implode.

If that's the case...you just gave me my first reason to hate Dak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brees and Rogers = not chokers

That's the fallacy of using a stat to prove a specific point.

Name a big game the Dak put on his shoulders and won. Yes...it's true, Rogers, Brees, Brady....whoever....do not play special teams, catch their own passes or play defense. But we can;t deny being able to point to a specific game or play and say....gosh darn....Rogers just did a dang miracle.

No hate here.....just trying to be honest. I don;t expect Dak to be Brady or Rogers. And I'm not ready yet to put him in the same boat either.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then what ARE we saying with this thread?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's the fallacy of using a stat to prove a specific point.

Name a big game the Dak put on his shoulders and won. Yes...it's true, Rogers, Brees, Brady....whoever....do not play special teams, catch their own passes or play defense. But we can;t deny being able to point to a specific game or play and say....gosh darn....Rogers just did a dang miracle.

No hate here.....just trying to be honest. I don;t expect Dak to be Brady or Rogers. And I'm not ready yet to put him in the same boat either.
Of course not. At 26 I don't think Brees or Rodgers were Brees and Rodgers yet. Dak's not there and I don't think anyone expected him to be at this point.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably a MS ST. fan who converted to a Cowboys fan when Dak was drafted. There’s no other way to explain it unless he’s kinfolk. There’s no way anyone watches Dak’s play on the field and says...WOW he’s amazing! That’s our franchise QB.

He's a paid Dak PR employee promoting him on all social media.
What Dak lacks in passing talent he more than makes up for when it pertains to Public relations!

mattjames2010

Reaction score

> nobody is saying he's as good as brees
> "Dak is nearly on an elite pace against winning teams!"

The thread title alone tries to take w/l record and put it down to a single player performance, which these dude labels "nearly elite". So yes, that's exactly what this is about. But again, it's like this is an argument for Dak, but it would never be one for Garrett. The only reason anyone has ever brought up w/l records is because Dak stans themselves wouldn't shut up about it - same with the "DAK IS CLUTCH!" - what happened to clutch Dak in 2019?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Teddy Bridgewater was a backup because Brees was better than him. Not because he sucked lol.

....a backup is a backup. Bridgewater being a starter NOW means nothing, he wasn't the starter when we faced him. He wasn't a starter for years. And the Saints wasn't the first team Bridgewater was with since returning from injury.

And we have no idea how this will play out, it's the offseason - for all we know, Bridgewater could lose in camp.

ondaedg

Reaction score
> nobody is saying he's as good as brees
> "Dak is nearly on an elite pace against winning teams!"

The thread title alone tries to take w/l record and put it down to a single player performance, which these dude labels "nearly elite". So yes, that's exactly what this is about. But again, it's like this is an argument for Dak, but it would never be one for Garrett. The only reason anyone has ever brought up w/l records is because Dak stans themselves wouldn't shut up about it - same with the "DAK IS CLUTCH!" - what happened to clutch Dak in 2019?

The W/L record is being used because the Dak haters have beaten it to death over and over. Now facts show he is one of the better QBs against winning teams and all of a sudden it's a team sport? Lol! Make up your mind already and pick something and stick to it!

johneric8

Reaction score
The W/L record is being used because the Dak haters have beaten it to death over and over. Now facts show he is one of the better QBs against winning teams and all of a sudden it's a team sport? Lol! Make up your mind already and pick something and stick to it!
Truer words have never been spoken.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Since 2016 its been all downhill for our Cowboys.
8-8 this year and headed for 7-9 with Dak.
I'd say this ruins it for all Cowboy fans except folks like you who are Dak fans first and foremost and place the Star in second light.

P.S. When Dak leaves will you be a so-called fan of his new team???
:muttley:
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTF_SlRejQcEfyjJEgHkVzrbtzUPg51ssSu2W1QbfjA_Mwcjk80&usqp=CAU

mattjames2010

Reaction score

"Dak haters" have said he sucked this year against winning teams, he did. Actually, his record against them since 2017 isn't all that great nor is his play.

Since 2017 Dak vs winning teams:
5-9
23tds/18Turnovers
40 sacks

"Dak is a winner!" did not come from the "Dak haters" side, why would it? Stop attempting to push the narrative off to other people. Your side started it, own up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Bear with me, I'm trying to follow all the crazy logic all over the place.

When those people you are complaining about say something like "dak can;t beat winning teams" or "dak is still 8-8".....the defense is that well "it's a team sport...wasn't Dak at all". But, when someone posts a "dallas does beat winning teams"....we get Dak's picture and proof he's a great QB?

Well...no matter really. Not worth a fight. But what I would like to know is what did Dak do during these cited wins...was there something specifically? Some sort of "imma put this team on my back and impose my will" kind of thing? As I have seen the other QB's on the list do.

I'm not sure...I'm just asking. My faulty memory...I just don't recall. Yes of course I'v seen the 400/game passing stats. Not interested in pure stats at the moment.