Dak is nearly on an elite pace against winning teams!

johneric8

Reaction score
QBs don't have win/loss records. Only fools put stock in such.
I do agree with you man, but I get sick of reading all the guys on the forum with "Betty Davis" eyes claiming their eye test tells them
that Dak isn't a franchise QB whom can't win against good teams! Stats on the other hand say otherwise in comparison with other
notable Qb's in the league.. The stats I posted are completely apropos in defense of Dak's body of work.

johneric8

Reaction score
bridgewater was filling for brees and outplayed dak .
Darnold second year , not sure if he started in 2018 .
I know you think Dak is an elite QB , but i respectfully disagree.,

Okay brother, did you realize that Dak outplayed Brees at one point? Did you also realize he totally smoked Russell Wilson as well?
What about Aaron Rogers? He went toe to toe with him in the playoffs not that long ago... So point being, why even bring up that bridgewater
outplayed Dak in one game? Does this all of the sudden mean that Dak can't be good?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I do agree with you man, but I get sick of reading all the guys on the forum with "Betty Davis" eyes claiming their eye test tells them
that Dak isn't a franchise QB whom can't win against good teams! Stats on the other hand say otherwise in comparison with other
notable Qb's in the league.. The stats I posted are completely apropos in defense of Dak's body of work.
Dak is tied for 2nd in wins at QB since he was drafted into the league.
He has no issue with win/loss records.

He and the team couldn't beat good teams last year because they simply had too many holes, and made too many mistakes.
It's fine to put some of that on Dak but he didn't drop passes or injure himself.
Over any period of time any stat you look at with Dak is positive in his favor.
Same way anyone with an actual brain that watches him play sees him succeed.

Like any team, player and especially QB people are idiotic and going to paint him with the brush of well he looked bad in his last game so he is bad.
As if he wasn't at his most injured in his pro career and just trying to survive after putting up elite numbers all year.

Flamma

Reaction score
Winless against winning teams in 2019.

Yet again someone using stats to tell us what we see isn't real. QBs don't play in a vacuum, many other things factor in. I think Troy Aikman was 2-14 against winning teams his first three seasons. Man does he suck!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yet again someone using stats to tell us what we see isn't real. QBs don't play in a vacuum, many other things factor in. I think Troy Aikman was 2-14 against winning teams his first three seasons. Man does he suck!

The hell? Why are you going after Wood who didn't start the discussion on w/l records? LOL

Way to show your bias by ignoring the creator of this thread. Sheesh!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak is tied for 2nd in wins at QB since he was drafted into the league.
He has no issue with win/loss records.

He and the team couldn't beat good teams last year because they simply had too many holes, and made too many mistakes.
It's fine to put some of that on Dak but he didn't drop passes or injure himself.
Over any period of time any stat you look at with Dak is positive in his favor.
Same way anyone with an actual brain that watches him play sees him succeed.

Like any team, player and especially QB people are idiotic and going to paint him with the brush of well he looked bad in his last game so he is bad.
As if he wasn't at his most injured in his pro career and just trying to survive after putting up elite numbers all year.

And yet missed the playoffs 2 out of his 4 seasons playing. So, who the hell cares?

Flamma

Reaction score
The hell? Why are you going after Wood who didn't start the discussion on w/l records? LOL

Way to show your bias by ignoring the creator of this thread. Sheesh!

Wasn't going after Wood. I was agreeing with him. I was referring to the OP in my post, not him. But the way I worded it, I can see why the confusion.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't make any declaration about Dak's greatness or lack thereof. I was pointing out how the goalposts are skating around on an ice rink.

I think Dak is good enough to win playoff games. He's durable, a leader, and historically one of the most efficient passers in nfl history. His td:int ratio is 5th best all time actually. He's dual threat and has shown improvement every season. Since you don't want stats you get my take. But 4900 yds sure seems like he put the team on his back a couple of times.
:thumbup:

No I think you did when you said this:" Now facts show he is one of the better QBs against winning teams ".
I'm not saying that you're saying he's the GOAT. You are also saying Dak beat those teams and not the team. So I was asking you, what did Dak do in those games? A little more specifically then what you answered here.

You see, I don't put a lot of stock in stats unless there's context. We both agree that stats are being thrown around ridiculously....to support an agenda. So I dig it up a little bit more than the average stat thrower. :thumbup:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Posting a win loss record is hardly proof. Either w in/loss is a team stat or it isn't. It is, typically! (say a 99 yard TD run by a RB through a thick defense and no downfield blocking wins a game? Might go to a player...maybe).

I'd be more interested in Dak's stats during these games and some game detail.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No I don’t. I have listed the reasons 100 times on this board , but the main reason why I dislike him is his inconsistency. You don’t reach Super Bowls with a QB that plays at an inconsistent level week after week. Once a team reaches the playoffs, they will not advance very far if the QB is up or down every week. I prefer more of a traditional pocket passer that acts as a field general . Brady and P. Manning are good examples and they also were extremely smart players.
Can't take you serious after this, lmao. First, you're comparing Prescott to HOF players who have an entire career behind them, not 4 seasons. Good God.
Inconsistent, Lol!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
bridgewater was filling for brees and outplayed dak .
Darnold second year , not sure if he started in 2018 .
I know you think Dak is an elite QB , but i respectfully disagree.,
I don't care enough about what you think I was just correcting your lies. You clearly are trolling by listing him worse than Minshew. I'm not gonna let you rile me up you can rile up the rest of the site. Its sad this is the only way you can get attention though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Can't take you serious after this, lmao. First, you're comparing Prescott to HOF players who have an entire career behind them, not 4 seasons. Good God.
Inconsistent, Lol!
A lot of these guys are laughable. Embarrassing even lol.
Wasn't my point. There's a reason I stopped responding to your drivel.
Watch out.....you know he's trying to "win the debate".

basel90

Reaction score
Okay brother, did you realize that Dak outplayed Brees at one point? Did you also realize he totally smoked Russell Wilson as well?
What about Aaron Rogers? He went toe to toe with him in the playoffs not that long ago... So point being, why even bring up that bridgewater
outplayed Dak in one game? Does this all of the sudden mean that Dak can't be good?
Dak lost against Bridgewater and Aaron rogers in 2019 . Dak played well against brees in 2018 but regressed in 2019 . That is regression . Aaron and team smoked the cowboys in 2019 in dallas. so there are two sides to this.

johneric8

Reaction score
No I think you did when you said this:" Now facts show he is one of the better QBs against winning teams ".
I'm not saying that you're saying he's the GOAT. You are also saying Dak beat those teams and not the team. So I was asking you, what did Dak do in those games? A little more specifically then what you answered here.

You see, I don't put a lot of stock in stats unless there's context. We both agree that stats are being thrown around ridiculously....to support an agenda. So I dig it up a little bit more than the average stat thrower. :thumbup:

Don't you get it? It's crazy talk to over analyze Dak or the team in the last 4 years in regards to wins and losses against quality opponents because Dak himself is only part of the equation. What you need to understand is many posters on this forum spout at nausea um that Dak can't beat winning teams, so what I did was posted the stats that put his numbers up with other Qb's to make a point. The stats do indeed prove statistically that Dak as a QB has a competitive winning percentage against winning teams which is quite to the contrary of what you hear here on this forum.

Many of you want to just point to last year which is okay, but look at the season realistically because Dak was on a historic tear for a majority of the season and even the haters were ball gagged for a period of the 2019 season! Sure things came off the rails, Dak hurt his shoulder and couldn't throw, our gameplans were historically a mess, and our head coach was a walk around puppet with a penchant for wayward interference. Why is it okay for people to claim Dak can't beat good teams and not okay for me to post the historical breakdown thus far? I actually think my post came as a big surprise to many on here whom were just trying to wag their fingers at last years fall off... Do some of you even realize that all great Qb's including super bowl winners have had years where they were pretty terrible? Do some of you not realize that Brady misses wide open receivers all the time? Do some of you not realize that Dak's receivers last year dropped a ton of catch-able passes? Sure Dak shares some blame for not always being his best but he is far from this teams problems.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Posting a win loss record is hardly proof. Either w in/loss is a team stat or it isn't. It is, typically! (say a 99 yard TD run by a RB through a thick defense and no downfield blocking wins a game? Might go to a player...maybe).

I'd be more interested in Dak's stats during these games and some game detail.
Dak has played in 3 playoff games and in those he has
794 yards passing (265 per game) 5 TDs passing 2 INT. 2 Rush TDs.
10 rushes for 45 yards and 7 first downs and zero fumbles.
His QB Rating is well over 90.

Those are top of league efficiency numbers versus playoff teams in playoff situations.

Advanced metrics guys LOVE Dak. They loved him coming out of college and have loved him ever since because he produces.

ondaedg

Reaction score
That's the fallacy of using a stat to prove a specific point.

Name a big game the Dak put on his shoulders and won. Yes...it's true, Rogers, Brees, Brady....whoever....do not play special teams, catch their own passes or play defense. But we can;t deny being able to point to a specific game or play and say....gosh darn....Rogers just did a dang miracle.

No hate here.....just trying to be honest. I don;t expect Dak to be Brady or Rogers. And I'm not ready yet to put him in the same boat either.

Why are you comparing him to HOFers? Makes zero sense especially since noone has declared Dak is better than Joe Montana.

New goalpost: has to carry a team like Tom Brady. Lol.

johneric8

Reaction score
Dak lost against Bridgewater and Aaron rogers in 2019 . Dak played well against brees in 2018 but regressed in 2019 . That is regression . Aaron and team smoked the cowboys in 2019 in dallas. so there are two sides to this.

Yes, that is my point, and only a foolish thinker would not take last years situation into account. The fact is many of you are biased and looking for a reason to not like prescott. If you believed in him than you would be looking for the positives and trying to understand all the moving parts that caused the fall off. I would say that someone with his pedigree thus far as being a pretty good QB would deserve some space to make mistakes and grow. I get he wants too much money, but the market is going to dictate what he is worth at the end of the day and we have no control over that.

At the end of the day, last year was an abomination in terms of our coaching staff and entire team, we cratered and lost belief in our leaders.

starfan1

Reaction score
He didnt outplay Dak they were equally average on that night. Bridgewaters QB rating slightly higher daks QBR higher. Dak had more yardage, slightly more average yards per completion. Yes it could have been better on all phases on offense where the game was lost was in the turnover battle. While they both had 1 pick Dallas had 2 costly fumbles