Dak is nearly on an elite pace against winning teams!

starfan1

Reaction score
Teddy Bridgewater was a backup because Brees was better than him. Not because he sucked lol.

But Teddy Bridgewater did start and play whether or not he was declared a starter is immaterial IMO. Dak didn't exactly tear it up but our boy Zeke was horrible 18 for 35 and 1 Td and a fumble. Dak really didn't get outplayed by Bridgewater that a false narrative unless your using the result of the game to make that claim.

2 crucial fumbles I think Dak's pick was on close to the last play of the game but im not certain. Neverthless the team didnt get it done.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I get sick and tired of people forcing a narrative on this forum using their jaded feelings and their proverbial expert eye test. Facts are the facts up to this point regarding Dak, so let me preface my post by saying that I'm only providing factual evidence to crush the idiotic narratives that exist against our well deserving and about to be "PAID" franchise quarterback Dak Prescott.

From day 1 I've been one of his biggest fans, and I agree maybe to a fault at times, but for those of you that keep beating the drum that Dak can't win against good teams please enlighten me here a little bit. I will post the facts down below. All I'm saying is lots of guys whom aren't even on Dak's level in regards to winning percentage against good teams got paid so why not Dak? I mean, lets be frank here, Dak is on an elite pace against good teams, the numbers don't lie!

dak2.jpg

dak1.jpg
So what you are saying is..

My lying eyes should ignore situations like Wentz and the Goff Rams situation at QB?

That based on your stats..Dak is just clearly worth taking a chance on paying him $40+ mil/ yr to find out?

Bro..I like your Cowboyness..not prob.

But I would never send you to the used car lot to trade in my car and come back with the best bargain on the lot.

The car salesman would spin you like a top and you would come back with a Corvair and a roll of tape.

Nope. Not doing that.

(Pardon the little story, just having fun. Your name is not 'Jack' is it?)

So I stay with examples not stats and I look for reasons to why or why not to make my decisions.

It sometimes takes that 2 list method..

you know..

The Why list..

The Not Why list..

Check it off and add up.

Works everytime. Try it.

johneric8

Reaction score
So what you are saying is..

My lying eyes should ignore situations like Wentz and the Goff Rams situation at QB?

That based on your stats..Dak is just clearly worth taking a chance on paying him $40+ mil/ yr to find out?

Bro..I like your Cowboyness..not prob.

But I would never send you to the used car lot to trade in my car and come back with the best bargain on the lot.

The car salesman would spin you like a top and you would come back with a Corvair and a roll of tape.

Nope. Not doing that.

(Pardon the little story, just having fun. Your name is not 'Jack' is it?)

So I stay with examples not stats and I look for reasons to why or why not to make my decisions.

It sometimes takes that 2 list method..

you know..

The Why list..

The Not Why list..

Check it off and add up.

Works everytime. Try it.

No, what I'm saying is Dak has proven with his play on the field he deserves to get paid well, I'll leave all the couch GM number crunching to y'all experts.
Whether you or anyone else likes it or not, Dak is on a pretty historic pace for a young player, this is what divides us, because we all see a different product
on the field. Does Dak struggle at times? Of course, but so does Brady and Brees! Can Dak drive the bus and even will the team to win? YES, he can and
has shown that many times in his career even though some of you point to last season as the final barometer which is extremely misguided.

For the record, my dad owned tote the note car lots growing up, so not only have I been around the best salesman in DFW I also am one of them. The goods that I buy from my dallas cowboys are based on play on the field and the overall picture of that. Once Dak shows me he isn't worthy of being a franchise QB I'll be the first to want him out of here. It drove many of you crazy last year when Dak started the season at an absolute historic clip showing that he could pass for huge amounts of yards, and that is something you guys said he couldn't do.. Just keep on looking for the negative it's quite a talent.

And or the record I know Dak hasn't led the team to the Super Bowl yet, but his career is just getting started and we've had a pretty limited coaching staff or tactical advantage in the games we've played over the last 10 plus years.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
But Teddy Bridgewater did start and play whether or not he was declared a starter is immaterial IMO. Dak didn't exactly tear it up but our boy Zeke was horrible 18 for 35 and 1 Td and a fumble. Dak really didn't get outplayed by Bridgewater that a false narrative unless your using the result of the game to make that claim.

2 crucial fumbles I think Dak's pick was on close to the last play of the game but im not certain. Neverthless the team didnt get it done.
I am just confused by all this noise.

At what point does Dak get credited with winning?

And at what point the losses?

Why do they show a QB W-L record and why do they not add asterisk?

Why no footnotes explaining his record?

Becuz it clear..that's why.

Now when Dak is good he is very good.

When he is bad, he is bad.

Parcells said your record says who you are.

Not who you could have been.

So for Dak..good teams have found a way to erase his lethality.

Lesser teams have not.

So until either he beats the best and the conversation ends..

Or it remains undone and it's at issue.

Come on boys.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Bear with me, I'm trying to follow all the crazy logic all over the place.

When those people you are complaining about say something like "dak can;t beat winning teams" or "dak is still 8-8".....the defense is that well "it's a team sport...wasn't Dak at all". But, when someone posts a "dallas does beat winning teams"....we get Dak's picture and proof he's a great QB?

Well...no matter really. Not worth a fight. But what I would like to know is what did Dak do during these cited wins...was there something specifically? Some sort of "imma put this team on my back and impose my will" kind of thing? As I have seen the other QB's on the list do.

I'm not sure...I'm just asking. My faulty memory...I just don't recall. Yes of course I'v seen the 400/game passing stats. Not interested in pure stats at the moment.

I didn't make any declaration about Dak's greatness or lack thereof. I was pointing out how the goalposts are skating around on an ice rink.

I think Dak is good enough to win playoff games. He's durable, a leader, and historically one of the most efficient passers in nfl history. His td:int ratio is 5th best all time actually. He's dual threat and has shown improvement every season. Since you don't want stats you get my take. But 4900 yds sure seems like he put the team on his back a couple of times.
:thumbup:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
....a backup is a backup. Bridgewater being a starter NOW means nothing, he wasn't the starter when we faced him. He wasn't a starter for years. And the Saints wasn't the first team Bridgewater was with since returning from injury.

And we have no idea how this will play out, it's the offseason - for all we know, Bridgewater could lose in camp.
I don't know what this has to do with anything. Bridgewater was regarded as a starter prior to getting hurt in Minnesota. He's not a rookie. He's had to build back up his reputation but he's been a gamer since college. He could've started for many teams last year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

He didn't. Bridgewater just had more help form his team than Dak did that game. Got outcoached....but if you ay this they will call you a apologist and say you are making excuses for Dak. IT was a bad game for Dak for sure though. Also for the team too.

starfan1

Reaction score
I am just confused by all this noise.

At what point does Dak get credited with winning?

And at what point the losses?

Why do they show a QB W-L record and why do they not add asterisk?

Why no footnotes explaining his record?

Becuz it clear..that's why.

Now when Dak is good he is very good.

When he is bad, he is bad.

Parcells said your record says who you are.

Not who you could have been.

So for Dak..good teams have found a way to erase his lethality.

Lesser teams have not.

So until either he beats the best and the conversation ends..

Or it remains undone and it's at issue.

Come on boys.
Wins and losses are a team stat period. Parcells said a lot of stuff

Some good some not so good.i guess whatever your narrative is will be your take away

a QB can help affect the outcome of games for sure but not by himself

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I get sick and tired of people forcing a narrative on this forum using their jaded feelings and their proverbial expert eye test. Facts are the facts up to this point regarding Dak, so let me preface my post by saying that I'm only providing factual evidence to crush the idiotic narratives that exist against our well deserving and about to be "PAID" franchise quarterback Dak Prescott.

From day 1 I've been one of his biggest fans, and I agree maybe to a fault at times, but for those of you that keep beating the drum that Dak can't win against good teams please enlighten me here a little bit. I will post the facts down below. All I'm saying is lots of guys whom aren't even on Dak's level in regards to winning percentage against good teams got paid so why not Dak? I mean, lets be frank here, Dak is on an elite pace against good teams, the numbers don't lie!

dak2.jpg

dak1.jpg
QBs don't have win/loss records. Only fools put stock in such.

starfan1

Reaction score
He didn't. Bridgewater just had more help form his team than Dak did that game. Got outcoached....but if you ay this they will call you a apologist and say you are making excuses for Dak. IT was a bad game for Dak for sure though. Also for the team too.

I hear ya most of the folks doing the yapping I pay little attention too because it’s obvious their stance. Did Gallup miss that NO game?

The offense was rather pedestrian that game I’ll have to admit. One of the things they have to change under McCarthy is their slow starts

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I hear ya most of the folks doing the yapping I pay little attention too because it’s obvious their stance. Did Gallup miss that NO game?

The offense was rather pedestrian that game I’ll have to admit. One of the things they have to change under McCarthy is their slow starts
Someone did miss it might’ve been Gallup and you know how Garrett is once a player misses. Doomed.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't know what this has to do with anything. Bridgewater was regarded as a starter prior to getting hurt in Minnesota. He's not a rookie. He's had to build back up his reputation but he's been a gamer since college. He could've started for many teams last year.

....the person you responded to specifically mentioned Bridgewater was a backup, which you said was wrong. He wasn't wrong there, he was correct. When we faced the Saints, he was a backup.

Dude, enough now. It's enough.

jnday

Reaction score
You would have to be an idiot not to like Dak as a QB. Unless you are some QB challenged football fan that thinks we need Mahomes.

To find Dak in the 4th round and be upset about it is laughable.

Now if you tell me you dont think he is worth the money at 35 million a year and want to critique that, then I can understand it.
There are some players that I dislike. Dak is one of them. I live in Mississippi and I didn’t like him when he was at Miss. State. I just don’t like his style of play. Now there are players that you don’t like. I am fine with that. Why is is so important to you Dak-lovers that everybody likes him? Well, it is not good enough to just like him, Dak-lovers wants fans to slobber over him like he is a football god. Another point, I don’t care if he was a 4th round pick or if he is an undrafted free agent. Being a 4th round pick only tells me that he was not that great in college. If you think Dak is wonderful for a 4th round pick, you should have went bat **** crazy over Romo.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There are some players that I dislike. Dak is one of them. I live in Mississippi and I didn’t like him when he was at Miss. State. I just don’t like his style of play. Now there are players that you don’t like. I am fine with that. Why is is so important to you Dak-lovers that everybody likes him? Well, it is not good enough to just like him, Dak-lovers wants fans to slobber over him like he is a football god. Another point, I don’t care if he was a 4th round pick or if he is an undrafted free agent. Being a 4th round pick only tells me that he was not that great in college. If you think Dak is wonderful for a 4th round pick, you should have went bat **** crazy over Romo.
You don't like his style of play?

jnday

Reaction score
You don't like his style of play?
No I don’t. I have listed the reasons 100 times on this board , but the main reason why I dislike him is his inconsistency. You don’t reach Super Bowls with a QB that plays at an inconsistent level week after week. Once a team reaches the playoffs, they will not advance very far if the QB is up or down every week. I prefer more of a traditional pocket passer that acts as a field general . Brady and P. Manning are good examples and they also were extremely smart players.

basel90

Reaction score
Teddy Bridgewateris a starter and Sam Darnold was not a rookie. And then you have 5 people like this comment when its full of inaccuracies lol.
bridgewater was filling for brees and outplayed dak .
Darnold second year , not sure if he started in 2018 .
I know you think Dak is an elite QB , but i respectfully disagree.,