Twitter: Dak Is No Longer On A Pitch Count

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
giphy.gif

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Im always pretty torn about the importance of live competition in preseason. I can see where it has value, but I can also see it might not be necessary. Will be interesting to see how Prescott looks out of the gate

I don't think there is any way around a little rust to start out. As I've said before, Moore needs to be smart about what he asks him to do early on so he can reacclimate to the speed of the game without either getting hurt or committing a costly turnover. Thing is, preseason was never going to be of much help in that regard anyway. Maybe a little, but with all the vanilla game plans and the preponderance of unproven guys in and out of the lineup he probably gets better looks in practice than in those games..

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Let's! Go!

Cowboys starting quarterback Dak Prescott participated in a competitive practice situation on Wednesday for the first time since July 27th. He completed 11 of 12 passes over nearly 20 snaps during team seven-on-seven drills and earned accolades from teammates. “He’s throwing the ball with some pop,” running back Ezekiel Elliott said. “I’m excited to get him back.”

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think there is any way around a little rust to start out. As I've said before, Moore needs to be smart about what he asks him to do early on so he can reacclimate to the speed of the game without either getting hurt or committing a costly turnover. Thing is, preseason was never going to be of much help in that regard anyway. Maybe a little, but with all the vanilla game plans and the preponderance of unproven guys in and out of the lineup he probably gets better looks in practice than in those games..
Ya sitting out three quarters of a season, its pretty unavoidable

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He'll be fine. If he struggles it will have nothing to do with rust. He spent all off season throwing with his receivers a day he's been around enough not to get rattled.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can’t remember the last time we came over preseason. Like we knew what we were doing. I think most teams start off slow. And as the season goes on that’s when the big boys show up. And then just around Thanksgiving. You’re separate the winners from the losers. That’s when you pour it on that’s when you show you belong in the playoffs. Yeah I would like to come out on fire. But I’d rather gradually improve through the entire 17 week schedule

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Cowboys starting quarterback Dak Prescott participated in a competitive practice situation on Wednesday for the first time since July 27th. He completed 11 of 12 passes over nearly 20 snaps during team seven-on-seven drills and earned accolades from teammates. “He’s throwing the ball with some pop,” running back Ezekiel Elliott said. “I’m excited to get him back.”

last time he participated in 11 on 11 he threw 3 picks in practice. He is more suited for 7 on 7. Less people to throw picks to. Easier to read defense.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
last time he participated in 11 on 11 he threw 3 picks in practice. He is more suited for 7 on 7. Less people to throw picks to. Easier to read defense.
You take in consideration. His shoulder was hurting and now it’s not . Excuse me it was his latissimus muscle There’s not much difference between seven and 11. It’s the defensive an offensive line. That’s The extra men. Makes no difference

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Interesting that you would latch onto this given that as it turns out Dak was in 11 on 11 and NOT 7 on 7 drills yesterday. But don't let the facts ruin a good rant..