Twitter: Dak Is No Longer On A Pitch Count

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Im always pretty torn about the importance of live competition in preseason. I can see where it has value, but I can also see it might not be necessary. Will be interesting to see how Prescott looks out of the gate

Personally, I think players should play but I get it. However, for someone like Dak, I think it is a MASSIVE mistake not give him at least 2 series in the PS. It's not about the playbook, rust, timing etc... its all about his mental state. I know everyone says Dak is tough, brave, leader,, etc.. but he has never had a major injury before either, as far as I know. He needs guys rolling around his feet, legs, hitting him, etc to really trust everything again. It will take some time for him to get comfortable and I just wish they would have done that during the PS. Hopefully he comes out fast and it doesn't cost anything.. but I am concerned about that aspect of it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They were tracking his throws before they had him on a so-called "pitch count". The 1st episode of Hard Knocks documents this and how they pulled him from throwing after he reach a certain number. I think they refered to it as GPS. So I don't expect them to just not track how much throwing he is doing. I'm glad he is full go but he's still not unmonitored.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Believe me.. I lived in the Bay Area at that time and I heard about that game all season. But that second half when the defense made the adjustment to Kaepernick and we decided to run the ball with Murray was enjoyable to watch. It was a precursor of things to come with Murray, Romo and Dez.. Ironically it had been the previous year when Romo brought us back to that win at Washington with a herniated disc in his back the last two drives that convinced me that he finally was a championship QB. Up to that point I wanted either him or Garrett or both gone because they never showed championship mettle prior to that. That back surgery was the reason Romo didn't participate in camp or preseason but once he came back healthy it was evident that he had turned the corner.
Was at this game. Can concur that even though it was a L I came out of the game confident from the second half knowing that without those turnovers we would have won and it truly was a precursor to our Big 3 at the time - romo/dez/murray

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
They were tracking his throws before they had him on a so-called "pitch count". The 1st episode of Hard Knocks documents this and how they pulled him from throwing after he reach a certain number. I think they refered to it as GPS. So I don't expect them to just not track how much throwing he is doing. I'm glad he is full go but he's still not unmonitored.
Agree but he was unmonitored prior to injury so we can expect injury free or not he will be monitored going forward.

I put partial blame on Nuss for not being serious enough when Dak was told to throw it less, actually some blame to Dak as well for being stubborn which led to this in the first place. Not warming up and throwing hail marys? Bro cmon lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score

The GPS data is basically used to monitor how much running around a player does. They cross reference it with vitals measurements to get an idea of how much work is being done.. when a guy is getting fatigued, needs a break and stuff like that. At this point they don't have the technology to manage/monitor things like throws, hits, etc. But I'm sure some nerds are working on it as we speak.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
giphy.gif
:laugh:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I don't think there is any way around a little rust to start out. As I've said before, Moore needs to be smart about what he asks him to do early on so he can reacclimate to the speed of the game without either getting hurt or committing a costly turnover. Thing is, preseason was never going to be of much help in that regard anyway. Maybe a little, but with all the vanilla game plans and the preponderance of unproven guys in and out of the lineup he probably gets better looks in practice than in those games..
Very true and on top of that, even veteran starting QBs that do play in preseason might play a handful of series at most. Is that really going to make much of a difference? I don’t think so.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Need a Sean Lee type of counter. Days not on pitch count…1.

let’s go Dak!