Dak is not a Franchise QB

Ddisco22

Reaction score
I am giving him the benefit of the doubt after just one game and no preseason work.
No one said Dak is a franchise QB, heck it's only his 3rd yr RELAX guys. I'm not saying he's great yet and yes he made several mistakes but so did the rest of the Offense, so did the ridiculous coaching staff.
We always are quick to blame the entire thing on the QB, are you expecting a miracle for a new kid in yr 3?
If the strategy changes we'll see a different Dak, until then he'll remain mediocre. Strategy change would include how we go about getting players down to coaching. (cheap cheap cheap jerrys kids)

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes you can blame the front office. There was a better player on the roster at the position his rookie season. Plenty of forum members here noticed Dak’s accuracy issues and poor footwork back then and were written off as Romo fan boys.
Speculation. And it's also worth noting you were one who wanted Cooper Rush pretty early on.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Same goes for Zeke . Other than his rookie year, not a franchise rb.

I was waiting for fans to start saying this.

Just proves how bad Jason Garrett is. He's already got people saying Ezekiel Elliot isn't a franchise RB.

He ruined Dez, Dak is looking awful, then eventually we all say Elliot is horrible as well.

It's not the players though. That's the thing.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I was waiting for fans to start saying this.

Just proves how bad Jason Garrett is. He's already got people saying Ezekiel Elliot isn't a franchise RB.

He ruined Dez, Dak is looking awful, then eventually we all say Elliot is horrible as well.

It's not the players though. That's the thing.

Zeke 4.1 ypc last year. And yesterday other than the 4th quarter, didn't do zip.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Zeke 4.1 ypc last year. And yesterday other than the 4th quarter, didn't do zip.

What you are saying was always inevitable with Jason Garrett as his coach.

It doesn't matter who Garrett has. He will ruin them.

I knew Zeke would start to be questioned as to the type of player he is but I just didn't think it would happen this soon.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dak is average. He has intangibles that make him a solid NFL quarterback. He is an average thrower of the football. He is not a special athlete like Cam. But let's chill. The good news is there is no way he gets that extension this offseason and he will get some real competition next training camp. Rison, Quest for six, Willie Beamen, and others will get there wish.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Year 1: I was impressed and fully on the Dak bandwagon and he is the future
Year 2: He got found out exposed by defenses and looked bad
Year 3: Ok, as I said last year, Dak you have one year to prove which Dak you are, the superman Dak, or the bust Dak

I am not really that bothered that we lost, first game of the season, no overreaction blah blah.. I am cool.

What I cannot get out of my brain cells, is Dak looked BAD. He spent the whole off season telling us he is going to be better, remember his appearance on Undisputed? Man! I was so excited and I didn't care about preseason. I was expecting Dak now knows what teams scheme for him and he has all these WRs w/o hanging his eyes on Witten or forcing it to Dez...

Now we get this? Sunday night if he looks as bad, I don't care if we win or lose, if he looks bad, I am off the bandwagon and I will start paying attention to college QBs for our next QB

:cool:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I believe he would excel under a different coach and scheme but on this team without a solid o-line and super stars around him, his only chance to succeed would be to run the ball himself to keep the chains moving.

My analysis is inconclusive due to the coaching and the dated scheme...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I believe he would excel under a different coach and scheme but on this team without a solid o-line and super stars around him, his only chance to succeed would be to run the ball himself to keep the chains moving.

My analysis is inconclusive due to the coaching and the dated scheme...

What amazing to me is how they have decided to not have any designed runs for Dak to get him going.

The Cowboys were so shocked that the Panthers would do it with Cam that it looked like they didn't even prepare.

A struggling QB like Dak takes off running 1 time it changes how you defend him for the rest of the game.