Dak is not a Franchise QB

khiladi

Reaction score
Lol @ “even Tony Romo”. That says it all.

Did I ever say JG play calling wasn’t a joke or is that another made up qoute? Here’s a clue, I’ve never specifically said anything about JG’s play calling in this thread so it’s just another argument you created based on a made up qoute.

You’ve never once asked me what I thought of JG, all you’ve done is make your own assumptions based mostly on things I never said or never asked for clarification of. As I’ve said, JG was responsible for some losses as was Romo. I wouldn’t be surprised if you think we would have been undefeated every year Romo was QB if we had any other coach but JG.

You guys just flip flop so much, that you forget facts such as you propping up Orton so much, at the expense of Romo to defend COACHING.

And you did this, while you “forgot”, among many other things in the post, Orton threw two costly INTs to lose the game in the same pass happy offense of Garrett, who had him throw 50 times. So Orton, who was one of the best backups in the league, ended a game with Garrett calling plays in what you claim was only Romo fashion..

And what’s even more amusing is Ortin three it that much and was only able to score two passing TDs, with one of them basically ceded by the Eagles playing soft coverage to burn time off the clock in the fourth and that too against basically man coverage. Garrett couldn’t put the ball in the end zone even with Orton and that softdefense that was RANKED 32nd in PASSING DEFENSE.

it demonstrates my point about coaching because a back up QB who hadn’t played all season and had one week to prepare did a better job than the holier than thou Romo against the same team. If Romo was as invincible as most claim, and if his career was “ruined” by coaching, why did Orton have a better game under worse circumstances?

Let me guess. Romo was solely responsible for the first win during theseason but the coaches ruined it for us in the second game even though they had a back up QB who played better?

Last edited:

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Dak is kinda like Schrodinger's cat, he's not a franchise QB and he is a franchise QB until the box is opened.

aria

Reaction score
Here you go Aria just for you and Dak......lol..

Lollololololol. Thanks! I can’t wait to watch it. I hope you may have to post a different one after Sunday night, I’m getting more frustrated by the week. I’m on tilt with Dak.

aria

Reaction score
You guys just flip flop so much, you forget you propped up Orton so much to defend coaching and Romo was to blame, besides the fact you forgot, among many other things in the post, he threw two costly INTs to lose the game in the same pass happy offense of Garrett, throwing it like 50 times, while Romo won the previous game against the Eagles.
I didn’t forget about it at all, and your point is what? A back up as bad as Orton came in with one weeks notice, against a divisional rival, and had a better game than Romo did against that same team earlier in the season. It’s laughable how you can’t give JG credit for anything good or any win. If it good, it was all Romo and if it was bad it was all coaching.

BTW, Romo threw 1 TD and 2 INT’s in the first game and had slightly less completion percentage. But that was JG fault I’m sure.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
if a franchise qb is someone that can't see the field, panic with pressure and doesn't trust his arm. then he's a franchise qb.

Haimerej

Reaction score
One of the issues I had with Dak as a rookie, and received a ton of pushback for, was how he ran so much. To me, that meant he wasn't seeing the field. I hearkened back to an interview Staubach did where he talked about Landry not liking his scrambling. Essentially, most passing plays will have an open receiver based simply on how they're designed. Defenses can't cover 100% of the field.

But fans see him hold the ball and then run for a first down and they think it's great. Even now, they're saying he needs to run more. No running QB will ever win a Super Bowl. Running QBs are effective against undisciplined defenses. Look at Cam's big runs from last Sunday- every one exposed a mistake by a defender. Wilson and Lee both crashed inside instead of maintaining discipline in their assignments, allowing Cam to run free. Look at Dak's bootlegs. The backside defender stayed home and he had nowhere to go.

If our only hope is for Dak to be a runner, this team isn't going deep into the playoffs.

aria

Reaction score
You guys just flip flop so much, that you forget facts such as you propping up Orton so much, at the expense of Romo to defend COACHING.

And you did this, while you “forgot”, among many other things in the post, Orton threw two costly INTs to lose the game in the same pass happy offense of Garrett, who had him throw 50 times. So Orton, who was one of the best backups in the league, ended a game with Garrett calling plays in what you claim was only Romo fashion..

And what’s even more amusing is Ortin three it that much and was only able to score two passing TDs, with one of them basically ceded by the Eagles playing soft coverage to burn time off the clock in the fourth and that too against basically man coverage. Garrett couldn’t put the ball in the end zone even with Orton and that softdefense that was RANKED 32nd in PASSING DEFENSE.
On a side note, I’m impressed and am saddened for you that you continue to go back through pages and pages to try and prove some point in an argument that doesn’t exist outside your own head.

Let’s do each other a favor and put each other on ignore, sound good? The unfortunate part is I do agree with some of what you say but with some subjects (ie Romo) you’re completely irrational. Anyways, how’s ignore sound?

khiladi

Reaction score
I didn’t forget about it at all, and your point is what? A back up as bad as Orton came in with one weeks notice, against a divisional rival, and had a better game than Romo did against that same team earlier in the season. It’s laughable how you can’t give JG credit for anything good or any win. If it good, it was all Romo and if it was bad it was all coaching.

BTW, Romo threw 1 TD and 2 INT’s in the first game and had slightly less completion percentage. But that was JG fault I’m sure.

Sure you did.. You were defending coaching at the expense of Romo, to the point you claimed Orton was better. Orton did exactly the same thing Romo did under Garrett, and that is to throw costly INTs while Garrett kept calling pass plays.

Whether Orton ‘performed’ better or not is irrelevant. They both played average under garbage coaching.

I know it’s probably a little too complicated for you to understand.

aria

Reaction score
One of the issues I had with Dak as a rookie, and received a ton of pushback for, was how he ran so much. To me, that meant he wasn't seeing the field. I hearkened back to an interview Staubach did where he talked about Landry not liking his scrambling. Essentially, most passing plays will have an open receiver based simply on how they're designed. Defenses can't cover 100% of the field.

But fans see him hold the ball and then run for a first down and they think it's great. Even now, they're saying he needs to run more. No running QB will ever win a Super Bowl. Running QBs are effective against undisciplined defenses. Look at Cam's big runs from last Sunday- every one exposed a mistake by a defender. Wilson and Lee both crashed inside instead of maintaining discipline in their assignments, allowing Cam to run free. Look at Dak's bootlegs. The backside defender stayed home and he had nowhere to go.

If our only hope is for Dak to be a runner, this team isn't going deep into the playoffs.
See, I actually like some of your posts :)

aria

Reaction score
Sure you did.. You were defending coaching at the expense of Romo, to the point you claimed Orton was better. Orton did exactly the same thing Romo did under Garrett, and that is to throw costly INTs while Garrett kept calling pass plays.

Whether Orton ‘performed’ better or not is irrelevant. They both played average under garbage coaching.

I know it’s probably a little too complicated for you to understand.
Lol, “claimed Orton was better”. That’s what the stats say chief, I didn’t make that up like you like to do.

Anyways, arguing with you is pointless, deal or not, I’ve wasted enough time with you. Sorry budd ole pal, time to be ignored.

khiladi

Reaction score
Lol, “claimed Orton was better”. That’s what the stats say chief, I didn’t make that up like you like to do.

Anyways, arguing with you is pointless, deal or not, I’ve wasted enough time with you. Sorry budd ole pal, time to be ignored.

So Orton is a better QB than Romo, who you supposedly were not criticizing, and even then he still couldn’t overcome Garrett’s coaching and beat the 32nd ranked passing defense? Instead he ended up throwing two INTs and losing out to not make the playoffs, which you claim only Romo did and because only Romo did it, it obviously wasn’t coaching..

No wonder your ‘ignoring’ at this very moment..

khiladi

Reaction score
On a side note, I’m impressed and am saddened for you that you continue to go back through pages and pages to try and prove some point in an argument that doesn’t exist outside your own head.

Let’s do each other a favor and put each other on ignore, sound good? The unfortunate part is I do agree with some of what you say but with some subjects (ie Romo) you’re completely irrational. Anyways, how’s ignore sound?

Surely, you are ‘impressed’ and ‘saddened’ about me ‘going back through pages’ (clearly not difficult, but if it makes you get that imaginary feeling of superiority) while you yourself spend enormous amounts of time responding to me..

uvaballa

Reaction score
I guess he can throw downfield. WRs who can get separation are so much easier to hit downfield.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
This is the same old story we had with Romo

Wk1 We lose - cut Romo he sucks, start Stephen McGee
Wk2 we win - Romo is better than Aikman!

People need to learn to just chill out and assess things every 4 games or so.