Dak is not a Franchise QB

phildadon86

Reaction score
Zeke 4.1 ypc last year. And yesterday other than the 4th quarter, didn't do zip.
Zeke needs time to get rolling. Unfortunately, our coaching staff deemed he didnt need reps in preseason. If you recall, week 3-6 last season Zeke was almost unstoppable. So please stop with the he isnt a franchise RB nonsense. He is, he is just hamstrung by a horrible coaching staff. Tell me how we have had HOF talent on this team and Garrett couldnt do anything with it.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s hard to argue with the point being relayed.

Dak has not been anticipating well at all. And he has not been releasing the ball quick enough.

What I don’t understand is, he was better at this earlier in his career. He wasn’t perfect by any means, but his accuracy and anticipation were better during his rookie season and first half of last year.

His play has fallen off a cliff since Atlanta.

The question is, are the reasons his play has fallen off, correctable? I used to think they were. But I am now second guessing that unless I start to see progress again.

Early in his career (mostly meaming his rookie season) opposing D's didn't really know him and they still thought they were playing a Tony Romo led offence. The running game was working great and teams were really giving Dak respect as a passer that he hadn't really earned yet. Once their was tape out on him and the way our offense was being run, teams started taking away the short passing game and clogging up the middle of the field more. There was strong evidence of this even early in the season last year and it only got worse once Zeke went out. Until Dak can make teams respect our passing game downfield or unless he really starts to run more, nothing is going to change.

jsb357

Reaction score
The good news is there is no way he gets that extension this off season and he will get some real competition next training camp.

bet.jpg

staubach24

Reaction score
I really wish Dak was the answer. Even bought my son a Jersey.

In away, the repeated erratic throws are a good thing. At least we know. No massive contract. He will make a nice living as a career backup. I wish him the best. No hard feelings.
I think he would be a perfect backup, and only a backup at this level. He holds onto the ball to long. Just very indecisive. He is a broken play QB, who's best out of the pocket. And he's inconsistent on timing routes. And anybody who thinks he's the long term answer for this team, I got some serious questions for.

Aven8

Reaction score
The longer he stays with JG and Linny the worse he gets it seems.

And for that stat how long did Romo and Rothelesburger hold the ball for? 12 seconds? Stupid stat.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dak isn’t a starting QB period. He’s a borderline backup. He’s more like a developmental practice squad type guy.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
IF he isn't, you can't really blame the FO for believing he was after his first season fireworks.

Given what he showed in year one it seems ridiculous that he's gotten worse. Maybe that couldn't have been helped, or maybe our coaching staff sucks? Either way it's a big problem.

Even Cooper Rush regressed from preseason one to preseason two.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Zeke needs time to get rolling. Unfortunately, our coaching staff deemed he didnt need reps in preseason. If you recall, week 3-6 last season Zeke was almost unstoppable. So please stop with the he isnt a franchise RB nonsense. He is, he is just hamstrung by a horrible coaching staff. Tell me how we have had HOF talent on this team and Garrett couldnt do anything with it.

And yet, if with that so called 'unstoppbable' run, he still finished with 4.1 ypc. Whoppie freakin do. A franchise rb with his strength and speed doesn't average 4.1 ypc. Maybe in your world, not mine.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Dak didn't look good in his first game of 2016. He didn't look good in his first couple of games of 2017. He didn't look good in the first game of this season.

What I have learned is that his play will improve as the season goes along. I am not expecting top tier qb play but at least middle of the pack to bottom of top 10 play.

phildadon86

Reaction score
And yet, if with that so called 'unstoppbable' run, he still finished with 4.1 ypc. Whoppie freakin do. A franchise rb with his strength and speed doesn't average 4.1 ypc. Maybe in your world, not mine.
Yeah 4.1 yards a carry worried week to week if he was going to be suspended. You're right. Hes terrible. Cut him.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yeah 4.1 yards a carry worried week to week if he was going to be suspended. You're right. Hes terrible. Cut him.

Oh no!!!!! He had to carry the burden of being suspended. Poor guy. No other player in the leagues has issues they deal with game to game, only the great Zeke. And yes, 4.1 ypc is terrible for a guy with his size, strength and speed.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Oh no!!!!! He had to carry the burden of being suspended. Poor guy. No other player in the leagues has issues they deal with game to game, only the great Zeke.
Unfortunately those other players you speak of put their players in a position to succeed. Ours just run up the middle all the time, and think they are going to get the outside edge on one of if not the best LB in football. This isnt black and white man. Zeke is a threat every time he touches the ball, our coaching staff just doesnt have the mental awareness to utilize what he does consistantly. 15 carries?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team is soft and its been soft for a long time. We talked about camp cupcake back when Wade was here and nothing has changed. The team practices indoors in ideal conditions. Nobody is held to any kind of standard of excellence. Garret is pretty much on auto-pilot repeating the same catch phrases inspiring nobody. Jerry doesn't care as long as he's making more money and insulated from criticism.

This year is going to be ugly and if you can't see why, you are as blind and delusional as Jerry.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Unfortunately those other players you speak of put their players in a position to succeed. Ours just run up the middle all the time, and think they are going to get the outside edge on one of if not the best LB in football. This isnt black and white man. Zeke is a threat every time he touches the ball, our coaching staff just doesnt have the mental awareness to utilize what he does consistantly. 15 carries?

Yes, 15 carries was a joke.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Same goes for Zeke . Other than his rookie year, not a franchise rb.

First of all, it's too early to tell, he's had only 26 NFL games.
Emmitt had a 4.2 ypc, only 4.6 or better 3 times in 15 seasons. Even in his best year, 1995, he was at 4.7.

Zeke is currently at 4.6 for his short career, even running behind this line Sunday he had a 4.6. Only 15 carries, if he'd had more I submit the defense would have worn down a bit and he would have had over 100 with "only" 22 carries. Any running back not named Barry Sanders needs holes to run through.

You don't judge somebody as a franchise running back year by year, you take his total body of work.

As I said it's too early to tell whether he is, or is not, a franchise running back....

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
First of all, it's too early to tell, he's had only 26 NFL games.
Emmitt had a 4.2 ypc, only 4.6 or better 3 times in 15 seasons. Even in his best year, 1995, he was at 4.7.

Zeke is currently at 4.6 for his short career, even running behind this line Sunday he had a 4.6. Only 15 carries, if he'd had more I submit the defense would have worn down a bit and he would have had over 100 with "only" 22 carries. Any running back not named Barry Sanders needs holes to run through.

You don't judge somebody as a franchise running back year by year, you take his total body of work.

As I said it's too early to tell whether he is, or is not, a franchise running back....

I am just using the same criteria we are using to bash Dak.

birdwells1

Reaction score

Year 3 and nothing has changed. You can blame this on the coaches too but when the player also lacks talent the coaching can only do so much.

This front office just has no idea what they are doing. They sold the fan base the notion that Dak is a franchise QB after his rookie year.

Snake oil salesmenship.

Can't be, I was told that it's just because no wr he plays with can get separation. I've been saying this since last year, all these receivers didn't just lose "it" over night. Troubleshooting, if my my kitchen sink won't drain and I have no other issues with sinks, tubs or toilets draining then my problem lies with the kitchen sink. If my kitchen sink, toilets, tubs and other sinks won't drain then the problem is in the main drain line. Dak is the main drain.