Dak is not a Franchise QB

kskboys

Reaction score
Only when the data supports my beliefs. I assure you, if you provide me with information that I missed somewhere that shows I'm wrong, I will be more inclined to support your beliefs.
You have to watch the games to see it. Looking at stats doesn't do it.

khiladi

Reaction score
Seriously you need to learn how to read. Do you understand what the term HAS REDUCED means and how that applies to what I said? Apparently you don’t and it’s pointless even arguing with you because you don’t understand simple terminology and therefore don’t understand what I said.

Lol, your unbelievable. You say I’m evading a question that isn’t applicable to my argument and yet for the SIXTH time you haven’t told me what year this 85% shotgun approach was and what your thoughts were about the O line. Do you understand my question? I never asked about Romo being allowed in meetings, that’s completely irrelevant yet you keep pointing that out and claiming it answers my question.

I seriously don’t know if you’re illiterate, can’t comprehnd basic questions and/or the English language, are on drugs or alcohol, or perhaps you’re off your meds. You can point out all these neat little facts about JG but most of them have nothing to do with my comment that Jerry has NEUTERED and REDUCED his HC duties to almost nothing COMPARED to most OTHER HEAD COACHES. I specifically CAPITALIZED certain words for you to focus on and learn the meaning of before you respond. There’s not much more I can do for you at this point.

I already quoted when this shotgun approach. What does when ALL WAS SAID AND DONE, Garrett was using the shotgun 85% of the time and then he was DEMOTED from playcaller. When was he demoted from playcalling?

And I’ve akready said what I think about the Oline when I said Dallas was being put in third and long situations becatse Garrett has no clue how to run and offense and couldn’t field a RUN GAME (Dan Reeves) which put tremendous burden on Tony Romo and allowed them to blitz on these third and longs. Dallas was heavily relying on Tony Romo to get this team out of third and long which was simply unsustainable.

I mean are you paying attention to what your reading. Whatever I stated is implicit in these statements.

The only thing you are trying to do is absolves Garrett of the garbage play calling and making excuses for it, while claiming I didn’t address it when I actually did and you still haven’t given a SINGLE SHRED of evidence that Jerry neutered Garrett and that’s the reason he avoided succeed.

Jerry gave Jason Garrett the longest leash in history to succeed. He even forced Wade to take defensive playcalling away from Brian Stewart, but he never allowed any interference into Garrett’s playcalling despite the struggles Garrett was having. He didn’t let Romo on game planning meetings, meaning had no say in a game plan and it was all on Garrett and it was only when Jerry had to force it from on top after Jason continuing bungling the offense did the offense start running the ball and improving.

Last edited:

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You have to watch the games to see it. Looking at stats doesn't do it.
Guess I'll just take your word for it then. Like I said, my memory and willingness to go back and watch those guys play isn't great. Stats say otherwise is all I'm pointing out.

Cap12

Reaction score
Guess I'll just take your word for it then. Like I said, my memory and willingness to go back and watch those guys play isn't great. Stats say otherwise is all I'm pointing out.
Stats don't tell the whole story. Dak and Cam had very similar stats, yet the Panthers won because they scored more because Cam made more clutch plays than Dak. I'll argue that Cam had the tougher situation because his O-line was in complete disarray and he was playing against a better secondary and a better pass rush. Again, sinple stats don't take that into effect.

Brax

Reaction score
You were saying Dak is like Aikman and needed better route runners who were going to be where they're supposed to be. I always wondered where that comparison came from because Dak has always struggled anticipating guys getting open. There's plenty of evidence out there showing receivers getting open last Sunday and Dak not seeing it. It was almost like he didn't know where the routes were going.

that comparison came straight from Stephen Jones, player QB evaluator. So we know it's true the Jones boy's know football just look at the last 22 years.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Stats don't tell the whole story. Dak and Cam had very similar stats, yet the Panthers won because they scored more because Cam made more clutch plays than Dak. I'll argue that Cam had the tougher situation because his O-line was in complete disarray and he was playing against a better secondary and a better pass rush. Again, sinple stats don't take that into effect.
I agree. If you read my original post regarding the conversation KSK and I were having regarding guys like Weedon, Cassel, Orton, Sanchez and Kitna, you will see that I put at the bottom that stats don't tell the whole story. I'm just not willing to go back and watch game film on a bunch of guys that were here years ago that were pretty irrelevant here and everywhere else they've been. So in that instance, I'll defer to the stats.

aria

Reaction score
I already quoted when this shotgun approach. What does when ALL WAS SAID AND DONE, Garrett was using the shotgun 85% of the time and then he was DEMOTED from playcaller. When was he demoted from playcalling?

And I’ve akready said what I think about the Oline when I said Dallas was being put in third and long situations becatse Garrett has no clue how to run and offense and couldn’t field a RUN GAME (Dan Reeves) which put tremendous burden on Tony Romo and allowed them to blitz on these third and longs. Dallas was heavily relying on Tony Romo to get this team out of third and long which was simply unsustainable.

I mean are you paying attention to what your reading. Whatever I stated is implicit in these statements.

The only thing you are trying to do is absolves Garrett of the garbage play calling and making excuses for it, while claiming I didn’t address it when I actually did and you still haven’t given a SINGLE SHRED of evidence that Jerry neutered Garrett and that’s the reason he avoided succeed.

Jerry gave Jason Garrett the longest leash in history to succeed. He even forced Wade to take defensive playcalling away from Brian Stewart, but he never allowed any interference into Garrett’s playcalling despite the struggles Garrett was having. He didn’t let Romo on game planning meetings, meaning had no say in a game plan and it was all on Garrett and it was only when Jerry had to force it from on top after Jason continuing bungling the offense did the offense start running the ball and improving.
I asked for a specific year 6 times and you never gave me one. Now you’re finally telling me that he was using the shotgun approach 85% of the time when his play calling duties were taken away. That still doesn’t answer my original question and is a very vague answer. So JG was using the shotgun 85% of the ENTIRE time he was calling plays? Is that what you’re telling me? Did he use it just one season? Two? Second half of one season? What time frame? Specifc years.

Again, you’re blaming Garrett on the calls, yet you STILL haven’t specifically told me what you thought about the talent of the O line during the shotgun approach period which you still haven’t specifies of either. You continue to dodge the specifics of the question and just say it was all JG’s fault.

Did I ever say JG avoided success from being neutered? Please find that and qoute me. I’ll wait.

khiladi

Reaction score
I asked for a specific year 6 times and you never gave me one. Now you’re finally telling me that he was using the shotgun approach 85% of the time when his play calling duties were taken away. That still doesn’t answer my original question and is a very vague answer. So JG was using the shotgun 85% of the entire time he was calling plays? Is that what you’re telling me? Did he use it just one season? Two? Second half of one season?

Again, you’re blaming Garrett on the calls, yet you STILL haven’t specifically told me what you thought about the talent of the O line during the shotgun approach period which you still haven’t specifies of either. You continue to dodge the specifics of the question and just say it was all JG’s fault.

Did I ever say JG avoided success from being neutered? Please find that and qoute me. I’ll wait.

What year was Garrett’s last year officially as OC?

aria

Reaction score
What year was Garrett’s last year officially as OC?
Lol, I’ve been asking you this question for two days and now you want me to answer it for you? Lol, I feel like I’m in the twilight zone.

Batman1980

Reaction score
2010, as far as I know, architect of that amahzing offense at the fore front of a team that started the season 1-7.

khiladi

Reaction score
Lol, I’ve been asking you this question for two days and now you want me to answer it for you? Lol, I feel like I’m in the twilight zone.

So when I said Jerry effectively relegated Jason Garrett to a walk around coach after seven years of flopping as a playcaller and OC, that’s not specific enough for you?

This is what you said:

AGAIN, maybe Romo slung the ball around because he had no O line hence the shotgun. Which was it and what year was the 85% shotgun approach? When was the last time this team was built properly on both sides of the ball? That’s not on the coach with the Dallas Cowboys. The only coaches who did have significant input were run off. Why do you think no reputable coach wants to come here or stays here? These players aren’t hand picked by the HC a la the Patriots. Jerry was doing it for years and still has a say. I don’t think McClay is bad but I also don’t think he’s all that.

Constantly abandoning the run? How did Murray get so many yards? What about Zeke?

I’m not sure what you’re talking about with the Giants. I only mentioned them in reference to Eli having a horrendous O line while not being hurt and them drafting a RB so high when they still don’t have an O line. Neither statement was complimentary.

You claimed that the only reason Romo was operating out of shotgun so much (you also ignored that when Garrett was here we were bottom of the league in play action) because of our OL and it had nothing to do with Jason Garrett’s coaching. You then proceeded to use examples of Callahan coming here and when Garrett was effectively removed from the equation by Jerry, meaning you don’t even know what your taking about.

As I said, Garrett brought Houck here and Wade wanted Solari, the latter using zone blocking schemes that Dallas eventually went with when Callahan came, who even Garrett feuded with despite the fact Bill built the line and the running game. Garrett only coached and played under man blocking schemes with huge lineman, which is what Jerry spent millions for to get. So even our OL was built to tailor to Garrett.

So your whole contention was wrong. If it makes it any easier for you, 2012 was Garrett’s last official year as play caller. After one year of Callahan with his zone blocking schemes and new RG and Romo getting his new contract, Jerry made Callahan play caller. Garrett kept failing and it’s the same year that Jerry removed the other Garrett brother from the equation as passing game coordinator.

But again Garrett kept interfering and Jerry said he was essentially play caller and it wasn’t fair to Callahan. So even 2013, it was a dysfunctional relationship that Jerry tolerated with Garrett. Hardly a case of an owner ‘neutering a coach’. Any other coach doing such a thing would be fired from the get go.

So then Jerry went and got Linehan because of the similarities in offense and then said Garrett would no longer be touching the offense at all and would be in an ambiguous role. So again, any other coach would be fired, but not Garrett, because Jerry lives himself some Garrett and will do anything to make it appear like Red Ginger succeeds even after he completely failed as a HC and OC.

This idea Jerry neutered Garrett is a joke. If anything he’s spent years trying to save Garrett from himself, because Jason is basically like his adopted son. Jerry only took power away from him, because of how incompetent he was at his job.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
And 2016 convinced Jerry that he can win with good coordinators and scheming while Jason retains his job as HC. That’s why the last two years, when he’s faced Wade’s defense and Norv’s offense, he praised their abilities to adjust and get the most out of their talent as coordinators.

He never points to the HC... Jason Garrett can do no wrong in the eyes of Jerry, even when he’s banishing him from play-calling or the HC is making scapegoats out of guys even Jerry likes or loves, like Romo and Dez...

khiladi

Reaction score
Hell, in 2012 there were multiple articles about whether the Cowboys need to go to no-huddle more, because if the lack of success of their play-calling and article about Jason Garrett’s inability to call plays in at a good pace, leading to dysfunction and lack of tempo. Even Skip Bayless was tweeting about it:

Garrett was the PLAY-CALLER. Dude has no clue what he was doing when all was said and done in 2012.

http://www.espn.com/dallas/nfl/stor...-mistakes-game-management-dallas-cowboys-loss

silvrNblue

Reaction score
You know, I did kind of feel like I was watching Carter again at QB on Sunday. Errant throws, bad reads, holding the ball too long. It was not a good game.
But, and I happen to agree with you, could most of that be attributed to little playing time during the PS? If you watch Dak practice, he's very sharp and quick to get rid of the ball...but once you go game speed, that $**t goes out the door.... I'm willing to give him another 1 or 2 games to see how he adjust... to add, I am very disappointed in him after game one, I'm sure we all are, but let's not throw out the baby with the bath water just yet.

aria

Reaction score
So when I said Jerry effectively relegated Jason Garrett to a walk around coach after seven years of flopping as a playcaller and OC, that’s not specific enough for you?

This is what you said:

You claimed that the only reason Romo was operating out of shotgun so much (you also ignored that when Garrett was here we were bottom of the league in play action) because of our OL and it had nothing to do with Jason Garrett’s coaching. You then proceeded to use examples of Callahan coming here and when Garrett was effectively removed from the equation by Jerry, meaning you don’t even know what your taking about.

As I said, Garrett brought Houck here and Wade wanted Solari, the latter using zone blocking schemes that Dallas eventually went with when Callahan came, who even Garrett feuded with despite the fact Bill built the line and the running game. Garrett only coached and played under man blocking schemes with huge lineman, which is what Jerry spent millions for to get. So even our OL was built to tailor to Garrett.

So your whole contention was wrong. If it makes it any easier for you, 2012 was Garrett’s last official year as play caller. After one year of Callahan with his zone blocking schemes and new RG and Romo getting his new contract, Jerry made Callahan play caller. Garrett kept failing and it’s the same year that Jerry removed the other Garrett brother from the equation as passing game coordinator.

But again Garrett kept interfering and Jerry said he was essentially play caller and it wasn’t fair to Callahan. So even 2013, it was a dysfunctional relationship that Jerry tolerated with Garrett. Hardly a case of an owner ‘neutering a coach’. Any other coach doing such a thing would be fired from the get go.

So then Jerry went and got Linehan because of the similarities in offense and then said Garrett would no longer be touching the offense at all and would be in an ambiguous role. So again, any other coach would be fired, but not Garrett, because Jerry lives himself some Garrett and will do anything to make it appear like Red Ginger succeeds even after he completely failed as a HC and OC.

This idea Jerry neutered Garrett is a joke. If anything he’s spent years trying to save Garrett from himself, because Jason is basically like his adopted son. Jerry only took power away from him, because of how incompetent he was at his job.
How about this, since you refuse to answer my question just provide the link that said JG ran the shotgun 85% of the time and hopefully it gives a time frame.

WRONG AGAIN! I said “MAYBE” Romo was in shotgun so much due to the O line which is why I also asked your personal opinion of the O line and the exact time frame that Romo was in the shotgun 85% of the time. You’ve still failed miserably. You provided the qoute (good job) but once again failed to read and comprehend it (bad job).

I also referred to the players not being hand selected by JG, not just a few but overall, I never said anything about the shotgun approach not having to do with JG.

I’ll just stop here because most of your argument is based on things I never said. It’s unbelievable that you even provided a qoute but don’t understand it. It’s almost like you’re arguing with two or three different people and you’re getting everything mixed up. Do you hear voices in your head too? You sure know a lot of interesting little things but you’re using them to debate against made up arguments.

Funny how you end with “Jerry only took power away from him, because of how incompetent he was at his job”. Which is why I used the word neuterED. You’re off your rocker bro.

I’ll be waiting on the 85% shotgun approach link. Thanks.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Why would Jerrah change the whole coaching staff except the HC (since garrett has been here)?
Then 2 years ago up to today, he changed the whole team roster (except a few linemen), but again he kept the HC...

There is something really wrong with this.

HungryLion

Reaction score
And 2016 convinced Jerry that he can win with good coordinators and scheming while Jason retains his job as HC. That’s why the last two years, when he’s faced Wade’s defense and Norv’s offense, he praised their abilities to adjust and get the most out of their talent as coordinators.

He never points to the HC... Jason Garrett can do no wrong in the eyes of Jerry, even when he’s banishing him from play-calling or the HC is making scapegoats out of guys even Jerry likes or loves, like Romo and Dez...

Jason Garret is a weasel. That’s how he got the job in the first place and that’s how he has kept it.

khiladi

Reaction score
How about this, since you refuse to answer my question just provide the link that said JG ran the shotgun 85% of the time and hopefully it gives a time frame.

WRONG AGAIN! I said “MAYBE” Romo was in shotgun so much due to the O line which is why I also asked your personal opinion of the O line and the exact time frame that Romo was in the shotgun 85% of the time. You’ve still failed miserably. You provided the qoute (good job) but once again failed to read and comprehend it (bad job).

I also referred to the players not being hand selected by JG, not just a few but overall, I never said anything about the shotgun approach not having to do with JG.

I’ll just stop here because most of your argument is based on things I never said. It’s unbelievable that you even provided a qoute but don’t understand it. It’s almost like you’re arguing with two or three different people and you’re getting everything mixed up. Do you hear voices in your head too? You sure know a lot of interesting little things but you’re using them to debate against made up arguments.

Funny how you end with “Jerry only took power away from him, because of how incompetent he was at his job”. Which is why I used the word neuterED. You’re off your rocker bro.

I’ll be waiting on the 85% shotgun approach link. Thanks.

I just did the math for you.. 2012.. and your still here making excuses. It has nothing to do with the OL.. it had to do with the fact that Dallas only success was in no-huddle taking advantage of the defenses not being able to adjust to Romo running no huddle and calling plays himself, meaning Garrett was totally incompetent. As I said over and over, articles were continuously coming out about whether or not Dallas needs to go no-huddle to compensate for their horrible coaching by Garrett.

https://thelandryhat.com/2012/11/26/dallas-cowboys-offense-made-easy/