Dak is not better than Foles

robjay04

Reaction score
Well Foles is a Superbowl winning QB. Dak has 2016 and "potential." So given that he's the new age golden child, he automatically gets paid more.

And 2018...

Anyways, Foles contract is a combination of things.

1) He’s not been a very successful QB besides one hot streak. Yes he’s had his moments but he’s not starting in this league without the 3 game playoff stretch.

2) The market is soft on QBs. Teams either drafted a guy high recently, plan on drafting one this year, they have their guy or they’re paying a guy a ton of money. This was a Foles only option especially if he wanted a chance to win.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nick did well with the eagles. He will probably choke with Jags.

Was Mark Brunell the last time they had decent to good QB play?

John813

Reaction score
Nick did well with the eagles. He will probably choke with Jags.

Was Mark Brunell the last time they had decent to good QB play?

Yup.

Leftwich, Garrard, Henne, Gabbertt, Bortles.
All post Brunell

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Foles gets $88 mill over 4 years (22 mill year). Thats your Dak contract.

Daks contract

6yrs 125mil 50mil SB 70Mil guranteed

2019 5milbase(guaranteed) 10SB 15mil caphit
2020 10mil base guaranteed 10SB 20mil caphit
2021 10mil (guranteed) 10SB 20mil caphit
2022 5mil (guaranteed) 10Mil SB 15mil caphit
2023 15mil(base) 10milSB 25mil caphit
2023 Cowboys restructure and add that 15mil to a new SB and redo his contract.

This is how Dallas did business with Romo and always kept his contract reasonable to the cap. This whole annual avg is for media purposes and you people get sucked in and whine about it.

Little Jr

Reaction score
And that automatically makes it a good thing then? OK...
:facepalm:

Sounds more like a personal issue.
Personally, yes i think it will be a good thing. So, a good thing imo and seeing tears from people who have their narrative and the signing will hurt their feelings, a freaking GREAT day. I'm just a meanie like that. No different than if the cowboys were to low ball him for 20m and cause a hold out, trade or any kind of dispute, your side would be happy and enjoy the day and saying great job all while enjoying the tears and anger from my side.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had a bad year with the Rams and rode the pine with KC.

Who didn't have a "bad year" with Jeff Fisher's Rams? In all honesty. Goff, Foles, Keenum, you name it, they were all bad there under Fisher. And then, poof! with a wave of the magic wand suddenly everybody is a good quarterback again once Fisher disappears.

I don't hold that against Foles, not when everyone was terrible under that guy but could all play once he was gone.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Daks contract

6yrs 125mil 50mil SB 70Mil guranteed

2019 5milbase(guaranteed) 10SB 15mil caphit
2020 10mil base guaranteed 10SB 20mil caphit
2021 10mil (guranteed) 10SB 20mil caphit
2022 5mil (guaranteed) 10Mil SB 15mil caphit
2023 15mil(base) 10milSB 25mil caphit
2023 Cowboys restructure and add that 15mil to a new SB and redo his contract.

This is how Dallas did business with Romo and always kept his contract reasonable to the cap. This whole annual avg is for media purposes and you people get sucked in and whine about it.

I could live with that!
:thumbup:

Little Jr

Reaction score
If the 50m guarantee is paid out in the first 2 years he's getting 25m a year.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Foles gets $88 mill over 4 years (22 mill year). Thats your Dak contract.
lol, so you're basing that strictly on contract? Going by that, you're sayong Foles is better than Brady and most of the other starting QB's.....next time you want to start another thread, take another hit first.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally, yes i think it will be a good thing. So, a good thing imo and seeing tears from people who have their narrative and the signing will hurt their feelings, a freaking GREAT day. I'm just a meanie like that.

Sounds that way.

No different than if the cowboys were to low ball him for 20m and cause a hold out, trade or any kind of dispute, your side would be happy and enjoy the day and saying great job all while enjoying the tears and anger from my side.

Actually, very different from "my side". I'm not looking for your "tears" or anyone else's. I'm interested in what's in the best interests of this team long term. I root for the team over any one player. Or for being proven "right", which is worthless here.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I could live with that!
:thumbup:

Yeah people forget Dak is 4 1/2 yrs younger then Foles. This is Foles last contract, while Dak still as another big contract after the one he's about the sign. And the way Dallas does deal i can see 2 more deals after this one he's about to sign.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Foles is much more dangerous than Dak. He has an good arm and can make all the throws. We've seen what happens when Foles gets hot. He out gunned Brady when it counted most. Dak doesn't have the physical tools that Foles has.