Dak is not better than Foles

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It’s an interesting comparison. Both have had one fluke outlier season and have been below average outside of that season. Foles fluke season was even better than Dak’s.
Dak slobberers worship the QB winz stat to distract from his middling ability to actually throw a ball, but Foles trumps Dak easily with a “Super Bowl Winz”. On the surface, there seems to be no reason for Jerry and co. to exceed the Foles contract.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Sounds that way.

Actually, very different from "my side". I'm not looking for your "tears" or anyone else's. I'm interested in what's in the best interests of this team long term. I root for the team over any one player. Or for being proven "right", which is worthless here.
Good point, what's best for the team is to sign Dak. That's going to cost money that people like yourself doesn't like.

I've said it before and I agree with Latin that people pay too much attention to the avg annual. Where I disagree with him is, its just for the media. The players and agents care and want the guarantee. But don't think the avg annual doesn't matter to them. That puts them in a slot and that slot matters.

If dak gets 20m and that puts him at the 16th highest paid qb, it's going to take more than 70m guarantee . That would be less than cousins , Stafford, Jimmy G and Smith. Imo, it will be 80m+ no matter the overall contract. Whatever the total contract is, he'll get 60% guaranteed. Jimmy G got 54%, Tannehill got 58%, Alex got 75%, Stafford got 68%. Dak will fall in the 60% range.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Foles is much more dangerous than Dak. He has an good arm and can make all the throws. We've seen what happens when Foles gets hot. He out gunned Brady when it counted most. Dak doesn't have the physical tools that Foles has.
I've watched almost every game Nick Foles has played. Cowboys own him he's an interception lollipop machine

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wouldn't even take Carson Wentz over Dak Prescott.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Prescott has been absolutely brilliant . when they let him play his game. 500 + yards over the Giants. Just a taste of what he's capable of

Coy

Reaction score
I wouldn't even take Carson Wentz over Dak Prescott.

Wentz is a much better QB than Dak, just imagine Wentz with Zeke and Dak with (choose any eagles RB), how different would everything look.

Saying that, Dak is much more reliable, Wentz is very injury prone.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Foles has a ring, so for now, HE IS BETTER....but you must look at age.Dak is younger and has a higher ceiling still. Dak will get more than Foles. I hate it, but that's the truth. He will likely get around 24 per and if he gets more than that, its stealing.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wentz is a much better QB than Dak, just imagine Wentz with Zeke and Dak with (choose any eagles RB), how different would everything look.

Saying that, Dak is much more reliable, Wentz is very injury prone.
Everybody says Prescott can't win without Elliott. Yet he went 500 yards against the Giants when they let him loose it's the game plan Prescott has the tools

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Foles has a ring, so for now, HE IS BETTER....but you must look at age.Dak is younger and has a higher ceiling still. Dak will get more than Foles. I hate it, but that's the truth. He will likely get around 24 per and if he gets more than that, its stealing.
So I guess Trent Dilfer is better than Romo

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Everybody says Prescott can't win without Elliott. Yet he went 500 yards against the Giants when they let him loose it's the game plan Prescott has the tools
Did you wake up from a coma and have someone tell you as a mean practical joke that that was a meaningful football game?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It’s an interesting comparison. Both have had one fluke outlier season and have been below average outside of that season. Foles fluke season was even better than Dak’s.
Dak slobberers worship the QB winz stat to distract from his middling ability to actually throw a ball, but Foles trumps Dak easily with a “Super Bowl Winz”. On the surface, there seems to be no reason for Jerry and co. to exceed the Foles contract.

Wins don't matter? :huh:

Dak has flaws but the Cowboys are indeed 32-16 since he took over. He must be doing something right.

But I am out on this argument now, so you guys have at it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
So I guess Trent Dilfer is better than Romo
ha ha ...but get the point? SB wins matter when it comes to the QB. Its how GM'S view free agent QB's...winning. Its dumb, but that's the way it has always been.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Did you wake up from a coma and have someone tell you as a mean practical joke that that was a meaningful football game?
My football knowledge is extensive I have over a hundred thousand post on the old Forum Landry's hat. I know exactly what I see and what I'm talking about. When the game is on the line and Prescott has the ball in his hands expect to win . Are you trying to tell me winning a division game is not meaningful. Do you have any knowledge about this game. Confidence alone was priceless