Dak is not better than Foles

glimmerman

Reaction score
I thought he would get more. He must have tested the market. I figured some team would have been crazy enough to give him the 25-30 million.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But tried not once, but twice...

I also remember fans being ticked off he didnt find a way to make the Lynch deal happen. In any case, teams constantly discuss deals throughout the draft and and in the end at least he understood the asking price was too steep.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I thought he would get more. He must have tested the market. I figured some team would have been crazy enough to give him the 25-30 million.
Fole has basically done nothing outside of Philly. To see that no other team was even willing to give him what Jags gave him says enough of what the NFL thinks of him. Washington who is desperate for a QB wanted Keenum over him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I also remember fans being ticked off he didnt find a way to make the Lynch deal happen. In any case, teams constantly discuss deals throughout the draft and and in the end at least he understood the asking price was too steep.

He was saved from himself, and his own team's awful evaluation of the position.

In no way is that a reason form any praise or compliments. It is, in fact, and indictment of their ability to judge quarterbacks.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Fole has basically done nothing outside of Philly. To see that no other team was even willing to give him what Jags gave him says enough of what the NFL thinks of him. Washington who is desperate for a QB wanted Keenum over him.
Yep. I just thought that sb ring would have gotten him more.

Dre11

Reaction score
Well Foles is a Superbowl winning QB. Dak has 2016 and "potential." So given that he's the new age golden child, he automatically gets paid more.

Foles is a backup who played a few games to a Superbowl on a team with an outstanding defense. GTFOH

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was saved from himself, and his own team's awful evaluation of the position.

In no way is that a reason form any praise or compliments. It is, in fact, and indictment of their ability to judge quarterbacks.
He could have upped the ante and chose not to. And what you are saying is very easy to say in hindsight, but at the time not a single NFL team or Cowboy fan had Dak rated ahead of Lynch, so i don’t understand how there is room to look down on Jerry and the Cowboys for believing the same thing everyone else did.

I also find it funny that every good choice is McClay’s, and every bad choice is Jerry’s. The likelihood is the process is the same, and it just happens that sometimes they work out and sometimes they don’t

All this said, don’t get me wrong - I think Jerry is a bad GM. I just believe we should look at things fairly.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Foles gets $88 mill over 4 years (22 mill year). Thats your Dak contract.
Who cares. Enough of Dak and his contract. What on earth does Foles have to do with the Cowboys. Last but not least, what makes you think, anyone will believe that you know Dak's contract to begin with. :facepalm:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He could have upped the ante and chose not to. And what you are saying is very easy to say in hindsight, but at the time nobody not a single NFL team or Cowboy fan had Dak rated ahead of Lynch, so i don’t understand how there is room to look down on Jerry and the Cowboys for believing the same thing everyone else did.

Well then you need to ponder on it until you do understand it. Jerry Jones and the Cowboys twice tried to trade up for quarterbacks that are now not even in the league, or hanging on someone's 90-man roster at this point. That's on them, and an indictment of their ability to judge quarterbacks, especially in a year where the top two guys look like future stars in this league. We passed on any opportunity at either of them, and chose to try to trade up for two bums.

I also find it funny that every good choice is McClay’s, and every bad choice is Jerry’s. The likelihood is the process is the same for both the good and bad choices, and it just happens that sometimes they .org out and sometimes they don’t

All this said, don’t get me wrong - I think Jerry is a bad GM. I just believe we should look at things fairly.

I am. They did a terrible job of evaluation and were saved because they couldn't trade up to do the damage to themselves. Saved from themselves, just like last year and their stupid attempt to grossly overpay Sammy Watkins. Not because they were smart, but because someone else was even dumber.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well then you need to ponder on it until you do understand it. Jerry Jones and the Cowboys twice tried to trade up for quarterbacks that are now not even in the league, or hanging on someone's 90-man roster at this point. That's on them, and an indictment of their ability to judge quarterbacks, especially in a year where the top two guys look like future stars in this league. We passed on any opportunity at either of them, and chose to try to trade up for two bums.

I am. They did a terrible job of evaluation and were saved because they couldn't trade up to do the damage to themselves. Saved from themselves, just like last year and their stupid attempt to grossly overpay Sammy Watkins. Not because they were smart, but because someone else was even dumber.

You aren’t being remotely fair. Again EVERY NFL team had those players rated higher than Dak, and it’s ridiculous to act as if only Jerry did, and only the Cowboys didn’t see the truth.

Do you really think Tom Brady was the Patriots top choice!

Again, there were upset Cowboy fans because Jerry didn’t make the Lynch deal, yet 3 years later, with the benefit of hindsight, we are going to rake Jerry over the coals for looking into a trade he didn’t even do? We are going to treat a team as having made a bad deal even when they chose not to do the deal?

You seem to forget there were teams that actually did draft those guys. What kind of evaluator were those teams? Maybe something like the teams that evaluated and drafted Deshone Kizer and Johnny Manziel and RG lll and Brandon Weeden, and Jake Locker and Christian Pnder and Blain Gabbert and Ryan Leaf and Todd Marinovich and Jamarcus Russell and ... the list goes on and on.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what is Dak who hasn't come near to accomplishing that?

He’s been a consistently better QB, he just didn’t have that magic moment like Foles had in the 2017 playoffs. And I don’t say that to toot Dak’s horn - a lot of QBs have been consistently better than Foles.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You aren’t being remotely fair.

I'm being ACCURATE, you should try it.

Again EVERY NFL team had those players rated higher than Dak, and it’s ridiculous to act as if only Jerry did, and only the Cowboys didn’t see the truth.

Did "every team" try to trade up for not one, but both of them? No, these geniuses did. And they were turned down. And that's the only reason why neither of those busts are here.

Do you really think Tom Brady was the Patriots top choice!

And this has what to do with the Cowboys screwups here? Oh, that's right, nothing.

Again, there were upset Cowboy fans because Jerry didn’t make the Lynch deal, yet 3 years later, with the benefit of hindsigh, we are going to rake Jerry over the coals for looking into a trade he didn’t even do? We are going to treat a team as having made a bad deal even when they chose not to do the deal?

They didn't choose, that's where you get it wrong again and again, they were turned down. Accuracy, not "fairness".

You seem to forget there were teams that actually did draft those guys. What kind of evaluator were those teams? Maybe something like the teams that evaluated and drafted Deshone Kizer and Johnny Manziel and RG lll and Brandon Weeden, and Jake Locker and Christian Pnder and Blain Gabbert and Ryan Leaf and Todd Marinovich and Jamarcus Russell and ... the list goes on and on.

No, I mentioned that they screwed up even worse, I hope that makes you feel better, because it doesn't for me. I know this team's evaluations sucked and they were saved from themselves and their own awful decisions by teams who made even worse decisions.

Cover your eyes if you want to, but mine are and will remain wide open. I know what happened.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Have you watched Nick Foles his career. He's a lollipop throw the ball up passer. If it wasn't for the Eagles special teams Darren Sproles Nick Foles is an interception machine. Nick Foles over Dak Prescott LMAO