Dak is not getting the credit he deserves

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Here me out before clicking reply and calling me "delusional" or "stupid" or any of the other things said to everyone trying to be positive on here.

There have only been 12 different 5000 yard passing seasons, a mark Dak barely missed. He did however put up the 21st highest yard total in league history and only gets hate for it.

He gets a lot of hate around here for "garbage time" stats. I disagree with this notion.

Dak got a lot of garbage time stats, yes. I contend that this is true for every QB, even those 5k seasons. You cant tell me that every one of Manning's record 5477 yards was meaningful. Every year, every QB has garbage time stats and good stats in losing games. It's always true.

But no one discredits Bree's multiple 5k yard campaigns, even though much of it came in the form of blow outs in garbage time, for example.

Basically, this board wants to give no credit to Dak for his stats and I think that's dumb. Garbage time or not, he earned those yards, and thats why he has them. People are just angry that his stats happened in an 8-8 season, as though Dak is to blame for a useless special teams and an underachieving defense. If we had won 10 games, suddenly everyone's perception would be more kind.

Thoughts?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Here me out before clicking reply and calling me "delusional" or "stupid" or any of the other things said to everyone trying to be positive on here.

There have only been 12 different 5000 yard passing seasons, a mark Dak barely missed.

He gets a lot of hate around here for "garbage time" stats. I disagree with this notion.

Dak got a lot of garbage time stats, yes. I contend that this is true for every QB, even those 5k seasons. You cant tell me that every one of Manning's record 5477 yards was meaningful. Every year, every QB has garbage time stats and good stats in losing games. It's always true.

But no one discredits Bree's multiple 5k yard campaigns, even though much of it came in the form of blow outs in garbage time, for example.

Basically, this board wants to give no credit to Dak for his stats and I think that's dumb. Garbage time or not, he earned those yards, and thats why he has them. People are just angry that his stats happened in an 8-8 season, as though Dak is to blame for a useless special teams and an underachieving defense. If we had won 10 games, suddenly everyone's perception would be more kind.

Thoughts?
Never reason with the unreasonable.

StevenOtero

Reaction score

Dak got a lot of garbage time stats, yes. I contend that this is true for every QB, even those 5k seasons.

Thoughts?
Lmao

HungryLion

Reaction score
It’s a solid post. But it won’t convince anyone.

The offense as a whole wasn’t perfect. But of the three units the offense is least responsible for the 8-8 record.

but like your last point alluded to. To the victor goes the spoils.

Flamma

Reaction score
It's because of the lack of team success. Who cares how well you do if we're 8-8. We can be 8-8 without you. But every quarterback needs a supporting cast and good coaching staff to succeed. I don't care who you are.

I waffle back and forth with Dak. He's better than Tannehill, is he not? Titans are in the AFC Championship game with a discount version of the Cowboys offense. Coaching matters. I would not be surprised if Dak kills it with this new coaching staff. But not because he plays any better, but because the team has new direction and plays better D and special teams. But that's how it works in the NFL. You're judged a lot of the time based on team success. Situations beyond your control.

InTheZone

Reaction score
It’s incredible that you have the ability to know exactly what everyone outside of Dallas thinks.
yes I know and speak for everyone...

But if you really care or what to know, simply start up a poll on as many team forums as you can find asking this very question. Or ask would you trade your qb for Dak and see the responses. I guarantee you there'd only be a handful of teams where you might get a favorable answer.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know why it matters, our opinion will not change the opinion of others. We as fans will never be on the same page and some of us aren't even reading the same book :)
Careful .. you are close to unraveling the underlying fabric of all internet discussions which could inevitably lead to the downfall of social media and quite possibly the entire internet!

Words have power, and with great power comes great responsibility!

:muttley:

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
No one outside of Dallas think he's top 5 or top 10. For people to keep comparing Dak to Brees, Rodgers, etc. is an insult to all of them.

I never said anything about his ranking. I just said he deserves credit for his accomplishment that we all witnessed. The hapless Jameis Winston is well outside any top 10 list but he too deserves credit for his 5109 yard season in 2019, good for 8th all time.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I never said anything about his ranking. I just said he deserves credit for his accomplishment that we all witnessed. The hapless Jameis Winston is well outside any top 10 list but he too deserves credit for his 5109 yard season in 2019, good for 8th all time.
you put too much stock into these single season achievements. As time goes on rules will keep favoring the offense more and more. Many things that were difficult to achieve back in the day are much easier now. To simply look at the end of season stat sheet is dismissing what actually happened in individual games.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
you put too much stock into these single season achievements. As time goes on rules will keep favoring the offense more and more. Many things that were difficult to achieve back in the day are much easier now. To simply look at the end of season stat sheet is dismissing what actually happened in individual games.

I'm not talking about the 8-8 record. I'm not putting stock in anything. I'm saying that at the end of the day Dak has 4900+ yards passing and people keep pretending that didnt happen because of the record and that's bologna.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I'm not talking about the 8-8 record. I'm not putting stock in anything. I'm saying that at the end of the day Dak has 4900+ yards passing and people keep pretending that didnt happen because of the record and that's bologna.
please reread what I said..*edit* the very last part of what I stated.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
It's because of the lack of team success. Who cares how well you do if we're 8-8. We can be 8-8 without you. But every quarterback needs a supporting cast and good coaching staff to succeed. I don't care who you are.

I waffle back and forth with Dak. He's better than Tannehill, is he not? Titans are in the AFC Championship game with a discount version of the Cowboys offense. Coaching matters. I would not be surprised if Dak kills it with this new coaching staff. But not because he plays any better, but because the team has new direction and plays better D and special teams. But that's how it works in the NFL. You're judged a lot of the time based on team success. Situations beyond your control.
Is he? What if Dak started his career with the lowly Dolphins? Would we even know his name? Tannehill is proving he is not a bum. He was just on a bum team before.