Dak is not getting the credit he deserves

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
yep, the stats are all dak's and the losses are all on the team.

Stop. Marrying. Stats. To. Team. Records.

That's my whole point.

Did AP's 2k rushing yard season just not matter because the Vikings didnt win a superbowl? Do a lot of Emmitt Smith's yards not matter because they weren't all accumulated during SB seasons?

Dak isnt getting credit because everyone wants to blame an 8-8 record squarely on him. Dak's 4900 yards are a testament to the fact that the passing game was not the problem in 2019. Blame it on the other two phases of the game that **** the bed almost all season.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

That's my whole point.

Did AP's 2k rushing yard season just not matter because the Vikings didnt win a superbowl? Do a lot of Emmitt Smith's yards not matter because they weren't all accumulated during SB seasons?

Dak isnt getting credit because everyone wants to blame an 8-8 record squarely on him. Dak's 4900 yards are a testament to the fact that the passing game was not the problem in 2019. Blame it on the other two phases of the game that **** the bed almost all season.
How is 5000+ yards working out for Winston's "credit?"

How many blowout losses do you think Manning had? Guys who are winning in a blow out, tend to throw less, hurting their numbers, not helping.

Last edited:

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
How is 5000+ yards working out for Winston's "credit?"

Again, stop marrying stats to team records. FFS.

Winston got over 5k and only a handful have ever done that. It's a skin on the wall, even if it ended up not mattering.

Flamma

Reaction score
Is he? What if Dak started his career with the lowly Dolphins? Would we even know his name? Tannehill is proving he is not a bum. He was just on a bum team before.

Again, team success. Had Dak not had a 13-3 season in 2016 there would be no contract conversation today. Hell, Dak might not even been QB the past 3 years.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Defense and ST put us on the couch. The passing game was clearly sufficient or we wouldn't have seen a 4900 yard season.
What you are not seeing is that if we had a true dominant defense and ST, Dak would not have passed for 4900 yards. He likely would have barely broke 3,000.

That is what happens when you defense shuts the other team down. Your offense doesn't have to play school yard ball. It can play control the clock ball.

Anyone who wants Dak to be like Dan Marino (Which he can't because he is never going to be as good as him) and just pass, pass, pass and expect that to be what propels them to championships are delusional.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
If 4900 yards isnt enough to call the passing game sufficient then how many yards would he have needed to satisfy you people? 6000? Lol

Oh right, no one can look past the 8-8 record for even one second.

We had two receivers over 1100 yards and 3 over 800 yards. The passing game was not the issue in 2019 and idk how that isnt obvious.

How is it even up for debate that Dak is not the problem and ST and defense were? What were you people watching in 2019?

Over 8 YPA, over 4900 yards... meanwhile our punter is 34th in the league and our kicker wasnt reliable and our defense couldnt stop anything up the middle and somehow the passing game gets the blame.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
“Never argue with an idiot. They’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” —Mark Twain

(Easier said than done)

Silly

Reaction score
No one outside of Dallas think he's top 5 or top 10. For people to keep comparing Dak to Brees, Rodgers, etc. is an insult to all of them.

Did you watch the games this season? Dak is top 10.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
What you are not seeing is that if we had a true dominant defense and ST, Dak would not have passed for 4900 yards. He likely would have barely broke 3,000.

That is what happens when you defense shuts the other team down. Your offense doesn't have to play school yard ball. It can play control the clock ball.

Anyone who wants Dak to be like Dan Marino (Which he can't because he is never going to be as good as him) and just pass, pass, pass and expect that to be what propels them to championships are delusional.

I like how Dan Marino is the comparison. I agree, Dak will never be as good as one of the best QBs ever.

I also like that you admit the defense and ST were the problem and yet you still hold it against Dak. He did what he could, he's not playing defensive tackle. Yet what he did somehow doesnt matter.

Lol. This thread is going exactly as I predicted.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The stats change but they don't change minds. The stat I was most on board with last year was his winning %, 66%. That fell to 50% this season so that stat is useless because it's a what have you done for me today league.

He gets credit for the stats just like Winston gets credit for being ahead of Prescott. Neither are in the playoffs, in fact none of the top 4 made it.

I would not use stats to make a case for Prescott, I would use the eyeball test, is he the reason this team lost 8 games? If anyone says yes, I suspect that's a Daktractor just looking for more ammo because they just don't want him.

Prescott has been here 4 seasons and I think minds are made up about Dak Prescott and his value to the Cowboys. Some see anything as too much, yet they offer few workable solutions, some say not a penny over 20M and some say market value and let's move on. I say we are not in the position to establish his value.

We have been presented with something to clarify his value to me. A HC that worked with Montana, Favre and Rodgers. If they sign him, that tells me what I need to know and discussing this further is a waste of fingertips. If they tag him, that tells me he's not 100% sold on Dak as his QB down the road. It's really very simple and even simpler when I know I am not in on the decision.

But make no mistake about this, this decision isn't the Joneses to make. They've had many discussions about the value of Prescott and what to do but it was made so much simpler when one of the best HC's with QB experience became their HC. Big Mike got a 5 year deal, I think his QB gets the same. I also think having Garrett as the HC was a detriment to getting a long term deal done with Prescott and I know he liked Garrett. Liking his HC does not mean he thinks he's the guy to get them there. I think Prescott is more amenable to a deal now than he ever has been. And keeping Moore was a smart move to keep the QB happy.

Wizarus

Reaction score

That's my whole point.

Passing game was absolutely a problem. Teams sold out everything to shut down Zeke all season, and we still manage to not get much going until late in the 3rd.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like how Dan Marino is the comparison. I agree, Dak will never be as good as one of the best QBs ever.

I also like that you admit the defense and ST were the problem and yet you still hold it against Dak. He did what he could, he's not playing defensive tackle. Yet what he did somehow doesnt matter.

Lol. This thread is going exactly as I predicted.
But I, for one, appreciate you starting it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Here me out before clicking reply and calling me "delusional" or "stupid" or any of the other things said to everyone trying to be positive on here.

There have only been 12 different 5000 yard passing seasons, a mark Dak barely missed. He did however put up the 21st highest yard total in league history and only gets hate for it.

He gets a lot of hate around here for "garbage time" stats. I disagree with this notion.

Dak got a lot of garbage time stats, yes. I contend that this is true for every QB, even those 5k seasons. You cant tell me that every one of Manning's record 5477 yards was meaningful. Every year, every QB has garbage time stats and good stats in losing games. It's always true.

But no one discredits Bree's multiple 5k yard campaigns, even though much of it came in the form of blow outs in garbage time, for example.

Basically, this board wants to give no credit to Dak for his stats and I think that's dumb. Garbage time or not, he earned those yards, and thats why he has them. People are just angry that his stats happened in an 8-8 season, as though Dak is to blame for a useless special teams and an underachieving defense. If we had won 10 games, suddenly everyone's perception would be more kind.

Thoughts?
its not about yards I dont ca;ll those yards garbage yeards as they do count but I judge Dak on the yards and points he left ofn the field down the strecth..

I judge him by how he plays

bringing the team back after being down at the hal=0
winning a game against a better then .500 tea down the stretch=0(rams all run game , doesnt count)
how many wide open WRs he thrw off target throws to that cost us those games

im solely judging him on the losses he could have prevented,,you cant pay elite money to a qb who doesnt show up in the bigger games against the best opponents..

so 2019 Yards dont matter, points against the lessor teams dont count..

WINS count and we fell one short of winning the division and he had 4 games NE, CHI, BUFF, and Philly2 to show me he can take one of these games and put it on his shoulders but instead he played some of his worst football of his career in those games IMO..its not how you start its how you finish, he started great finished poor..

so im a bad fan pointing out facts??

its was scott Linehan's fault, then garrets, then jerry for not have a good WR for him, now KM for not calls the right plays for dak..lmao how much coddling does he need?