Dak is not good against good teams

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Massive board tone shift in t minus 14 hours.

Brace for impact.

Oh yeah, if Dallas wins many of the nay sayers will be singing a different tune. If they lose some of the (not many here for this game though) "positive thinkers" will take off the rose colored glasses.

And if they lose those who cut Dak some slack because he was out most of last year and had no pre-season game experience will get blasted for saying it's an excuse, rather than a reason. Been that way since 2016, ain't going to change now...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
A QB like Mahomes dramatically improves his defense.

The Chiefs defense isn’t very good.

When opposing offenses are forced to pass more and be more aggressive they become predictable and easier to defend.
not sure what you really mean, but only 4 games out of 16 KC had a large lead in the first half and first 3 quarters for the opposing team to be going into pass mode only, the rest of the games it was within one score and that means the other team perhaps is sticking to the game plan.

they were middle of the pack in yards, top 10 in scoring defense, middle of the pack in sacks, their run defense was below average at 21st. they were 18th in 1st quarter points allowed, 10th in 2nd quarter so , 2nd in 3rd quarter

they were a good defense, not great. they had good special teams. did Mahomes and the offense help them? yes, but the defense held their own and were not rolled over necessarily....

it does go hand in hand.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
not sure what you really mean, but only 4 games out of 16 KC had a large lead in the first half and first 3 quarters for the opposing team to be going into pass mode only, the rest of the games it was within one score and that means the other team perhaps is sticking to the game plan.

they were middle of the pack in yards, top 10 in scoring defense, middle of the pack in sacks, their run defense was below average at 21st. they were 18th in 1st quarter points allowed, 10th in 2nd quarter so , 2nd in 3rd quarter

they were a good defense, not great. they had good special teams. did Mahomes and the offense help them? yes, but the defense held their own and were not rolled over necessarily....

it does go hand in hand.

You wouldn't think so in Dallas, can't seem to get both offense and defense going in the same season, not since the early 90's teams..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If they want to say Mahomes is better than Dak that's fine. I don't think you'll get a argument from anyone. But to say Dak and Derek Carr are of the same caliber is asinine and I have no choice but to think its an attempt to rile people up.
Comparing him to Carr exposes the trollish .

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A QB like Mahomes dramatically improves his defense.

The Chiefs defense isn’t very good.

When opposing offenses are forced to pass more and be more aggressive they become predictable and easier to defend.
The Chiefs defense isnt' very good?

This is what I mean about fans of this team not even watching other teams play so they just gauge their own players on....I guess fantasy football stats.
They have 3 Pro Bowlers on defense in Mathieu, Jones and Clark and have 2 All Pro's on defense....yet, they aren't that good.

Tell you what, they are good enough to make plays and bail out Mahomes when he throws a interception and that's all that matters.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why? Because you don;t agree with it?

Just disagree and dispense with the labels.
It's not a matter of opinion, not everything is. But that's your go too when a ridiculous statement is called out.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not a matter of opinion, not everything is. But that's your go too when a ridiculous statement is called out.

I'm not going to pretend to be such an expert that I can dictate what people compare with.

If you disagree...then say why. Even if Briefly.

"Troll" is YOUR "go to".

Instead of a civil discussion. Maybe you can convince him otherwise instead of general go-to insults.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not going to pretend to be such an expert that I can dictate what people compare with.

If you disagree...then say why. Even if Briefly.

"Troll" is YOUR "go to".

Instead of a civil discussion. Maybe you can convince him otherwise instead of general go-to insults.
Boy, you're just full of advice! Now run along, it's useless. I do what I want.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

This is what I mean about fans of this team not even watching other teams play so they just gauge their own players on....I guess fantasy football stats.
They have 3 Pro Bowlers on defense in Mathieu, Jones and Clark and have 2 All Pro's on defense....yet, they aren't that good.

Tell you what, they are good enough to make plays and bail out Mahomes when he throws a interception and that's all that matters.

They make plays because they make opposing offenses get out of their comfort zone and be more aggressive.

If Dallas had the Chiefs defense it would be not any different for us than it is now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He does that all the time. He's the king of negative hyperbole.

My opinion is a reflection of this team.

I don’t pump them up when they are underachievers or because Jerry is stupid enough to overpay.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They make plays because they make opposing offenses get out of their comfort zone and be more aggressive.

If Dallas had the Chiefs defense it would be not any different for us than it is now.
Defenses all across the NFL find Prescott to be a threat. Their defense is much better than you're giving them credit for.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You wouldn't think so in Dallas, can't seem to get both offense and defense going in the same season, not since the early 90's teams..
couple of bad drafts and you are off cycle and behind schedule.....then you need an awsome awsome draft (rare) to catch up or you pay through the nose for FAs if available and if lucky that they have something left in the tank or are not injured.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Pro Bowlers are that because of individual play, otherwise how did DeMarcus Ware make Pro Bowls when the team was 8-8 and such?

Take it for what you want, but KC's defense, per The Football Database was ranked (recently) as:

2020 - 16th
2019 - 17th
2018 - 31st

I'd call that "not very good". Though they rank based on yards per game given up, a team that gets ahead a lot can have a big yards against if other teams pile up yards in the so called "garbage time", I'd have to go back and review every Chiefs game in those years to see if and how often that was the case...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

You're telling me that if we had Frank Clark and Chris Jones on our defensive line it wouldn't be any different now? Or Matheiu in our secondary? Catch....are you being serious here?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Pro Bowlers are that because of individual play, otherwise how did DeMarcus Ware make Pro Bowls when the team was 8-8 and such?

Take it for what you want, but KC's defense, per The Football Database was ranked (recently) as:

2020 - 16th
2019 - 17th
2018 - 31st

I'd call that "not very good". Though they rank based on yards per game given up, a team that gets ahead a lot can have a big yards against if other teams pile up yards in the so called "garbage time", I'd have to go back and review every Chiefs game in those years to see if and how often that was the case...

I don't know what their rankings are based off of but the best defense in the league gave up 18 points. Chiefs gave up 22 points. To give up 22 points when you score 30 points? That's championship caliber. You're giving up 8 less points than you score. They are a high powered offense so yes teams will rack up yards on them.

Everyone is talking about how great the Buccaneers defense is they too only gave up 22 points so are we arguing that the Buccaneers defense isn't good either?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

2020 - 16th
2019 - 17th
2018 - 31st

That's a regular season statistical ranking. Their defense was pretty dang good in the post season.