Dak is not good against good teams

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All i want to see is effectiveness in the mid to deep middle. If that has improved he'll be great, if not he'll be gone.

Batman1980

Reaction score
On topic....

I think Dak is good enough for us to win. I personally think he has a couple flaws...that can certainly be addressed and improved.

I'd like to see our defense stiffen up...I hope that doesn't make me a hater!

So we have to start out better on offense...AND make some key critical stops on defense. If we can be more even at halftime, or even )gasp) AHEAD! ...it will make a big difference!

Let's give it 2-4 weeks with this new team....erase that board and start clear and clean, what do ya say?

I know this is the age of the "I want it now mentality" but to really see what a team is you have to wait till at least Thanksgiving. Especially now, when there's 17 games in the regular season.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know this is the age of the "I want it now mentality" but to really see what a team is you have to wait till at least Thanksgiving. Especially now, when there's 17 games in the regular season.
Agree.

If you look at what I was replying to, I was just trying to give it a SMIDGEN of patience. Not condemn them before even one down? hmmmm..o_O

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
wow, 14 pages on a dak related topic. color me surprised. I didn't think this would get past 3 pages at most o_O

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
But they don't carry teams, they have good defenses around them. When they don't they also struggle against good teams, that's the point. Qb only controls 1 phase of the game, which is the point. It's a team stat no qb is winning If his defense doesn't get a stop at a critical point in the game

A QB like Mahomes dramatically improves his defense.

The Chiefs defense isn’t very good.

When opposing offenses are forced to pass more and be more aggressive they become predictable and easier to defend.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
A QB like Mahomes dramatically improves his defense.

The Chiefs defense isn’t very good.

When opposing offenses are forced to pass more and be more aggressive they become predictable and easier to defend.
Didn't help his team in the SB. Now a good running game is way more likely to improve the defense by keeping the opposing offense off the field.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Didn't help his team in the SB. Now a good running game is way more likely to improve the defense by keeping the opposing offense off the field.

He went to back to back Superbowls and some of you want to tie all of his success into 1 game.

He’s 25 and has carried his team to 2 Superbowls. Daks 28 and has a wildcard win lol.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He went to back to back Superbowls and some of you want to tie all of his success into 1 game.

He’s 25 and has carried his team to 2 Superbowls. Daks 28 and has a wildcard win lol.
No, he's lost other games as well. So I guess it's all Mahomes fault because you blame Dak for every loss right?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

So its not Mahomes fault they lost the Super Bowl but its Dak's fault he only has one wildcard win?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Mahomes is a phenom. Dak isn’t. Stop comparing the 2.

Compare Dak to someone like Derek Carr. That’s who he compares to.
Mahomes is better than Dak but that doesn't make Dak bad like you keep trying to do calling him just a bus driver. He's much closer to Mahomes than you give him credit for so quit hating on Dak. Find something else to direct your misery towards.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm always amazed at how "Cowboy fans" will defend the opposing teams players harder than they do their own. We live in some strange times lol.

I’m just giving you the reality. Ignoring the reality is why this team gets into messes with players.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m just giving you the reality. Ignoring the reality is why this team gets into messes with players.
You're not giving reality. Reality is Dak is a good quarterback. He's not Mahomes...no one ever said he was. But you speak of Mahomes like he has Tom Brady success. He has less rings than Eli Manning. Let's just chill.....

In no reality is Derek Carr and Dak of the same caliber.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It is amazing and I've thought the same thing. As another guy pointed out, it's obvious they're here just for an agenda and nothing else.
If they want to say Mahomes is better than Dak that's fine. I don't think you'll get a argument from anyone. But to say Dak and Derek Carr are of the same caliber is asinine and I have no choice but to think its an attempt to rile people up.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If they want to say Mahomes is better than Dak that's fine. I don't think you'll get a argument from anyone. But to say Dak and Derek Carr are of the same caliber is asinine and I have no choice but to think its an attempt to rile people up.
He does that all the time. He's the king of negative hyperbole.