Dak is not good against good teams

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That's the crux, his stats are brilliant, however, he doesnt have that winning/ killer mentality.

Our final drive....60 yards, 11 plays, but Dak just can't finish it off.

The Wilson drive last year or the numerous occasions Brady and Rodgers have ended those 2min game winning drives, that's the big difference in a winning team (and QB).
he did finish it off. he got the lead....just like brady got the field goal and lead for his team....the difference was one left no time on the clock, the other did...and that's on the coaches...they totally mismanaged that last cowboys drive...

Hadenough

Reaction score
he did finish it off. he got the lead....just like brady got the field goal and lead for his team....the difference was one left no time on the clock, the other did...and that's on the coaches...they totally mismanaged that last cowboys drive...
But Brady more than likely could of scored 7 had they needed it. If the situation were reversed Brady would of led that team to 7.
But truth is the Cowboys wouldn't of been in that game if it wasn't for the 4 defensive taka aways.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
the coaches failed us...again....

So......Zuerlein missing 4 points worth of easy kicks and the refs failing to call a perfectly obvious OPI on the Buc's final FG drive had nothing to do with the loss, it's all on the coaches again huh? IMO it was the Z man and the refs.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
But Brady more than likely could of scored 7 had they needed it. If the situation were reversed Brady would of led that team to 7.
But truth is the Cowboys wouldn't of been in that game if it wasn't for the 4 defensive taka aways.

So now defensive take-aways don't count anymore? People used to cry and scream for defensive take-aways because we seldom ever got any, but now we get 'em and they don't count???
The defense isn't part of our team?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
that's an assumption and secondly, that's a testament to how our defense sucks....they gave up a lot of big splash plays against tampa....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So......Zuerlein missing 4 points worth of easy kicks and the refs failing to call a perfectly obvious OPI on the Buc's final FG drive had nothing to do with the loss, it's all on the coaches again huh? IMO it was the Z man and the refs.
the OPI was iffy at best...it looked like it, but perhaps not....as a cowboys fan I wanted it called.

and yes, zuerlein missing 4 gimme points sucked and in the end instead of forcing them to go for a TD, a field goal was all that was needed...

and yes, this was about coaches...they mismanaged this game...they didn't put their players in a position to succeed....Moore isolated Jarwin to make a block in space when we were at the 2....Knowing Jarwin sucks, I mean sucks in blocking why would you isolate him like that....the next man up stuff is just crap. as a coach you have to know and understand your players strength and weaknesses...

he made several other bad calls during crucial times in the game, specially in the redzone......

it should have never come down to z man and the refs.....that became the symptom of a problem...our game management sucks

Buzzbait

Reaction score
the OPI was iffy at best...it looked like it, but perhaps not....as a cowboys fan I wanted it called. and yes, zuerlein missing 4 gimme points sucked and in the end instead of forcing them to go for a TD, a field goal was all that was needed.....and yes, this was about coaches...they mismanaged this game...they didn't put their players in a position to succeed....Moore isolated Jarwin to make a block in space when we were at the 2....Knowing Jarwin sucks, I mean sucks in blocking why would you isolate him like that....the next man up stuff is just crap. as a coach you have to know and understand your players strength and weaknesses....he made several other bad calls during crucial times in the game, specially in the redzone......

it should have never come down to z man and the refs.....that became the symptom of a problem...our game management sucks

I can't disagree with you about Moore, I'm not a big Kellen Moore fan.

kevm3

Reaction score

And Tampa Bay wouldn't have been in the game if our kicker could hit easy field goals and CeeDee doesn't drop a pass that hit him in the hands. We can do all kinds of hypotheticals. Why wasn't anyone giving Dak the benefit of the doubt last year saying, "Well we would have blown that team out if we didn't turn it over all those times"?

Hadenough

Reaction score
And Tampa Bay wouldn't have been in the game if our kicker could hit easy field goals and CeeDee doesn't drop a pass that hit him in the hands. We can do all kinds of hypotheticals. Why wasn't anyone giving Dak the benefit of the doubt last year saying, "Well we would have blown that team out if we didn't turn it over all those times"?
The thing is Tampa turned it over 4 times and still won. Dallas turned it over twice in those games your thinking about and lost.

Hadenough

Reaction score
that's an assumption and secondly, that's a testament to how our defense sucks....they gave up a lot of big splash plays against tampa....
Im not ready to say the defense stinks yet. Brady is a surgeon on that field and has been doing it for a long time. I cant even say Anthony Brown is that awful yet because he was going against one of the best WRs and Brady can pick on anyone. I saw the defense get some pressure and stuff the run but time will tell how good they are.

Heath

Reaction score
Im not ready to say the defense stinks yet. Brady is a surgeon on that field and has been doing it for a long time. I cant even say Anthony Brown is that awful yet because he was going against one of the best WRs and Brady can pick on anyone. I saw the defense get some pressure and stuff the run but time will tell how good they are.

That last TD to Gronk was the defensive call that irks me. That was a pitch and catch play for any QB. That was a dumb call to rush the QB and leave Gronk that open down a short seam.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
did you see Dak complete a pass to CD down the left? did you see CD run and then run out of bounds....CD was an idiot and Moore a bigger idiot to not tell him to stay in bounds

I haven’t seen any comments on that play, or the play by Zeke in the same drive when he ran out of bounds. I’m screaming at the tv “why are you stopping the clock”. We still do not know how to play situational football.

Hadenough

Reaction score
That last TD to Gronk was the defensive call that irks me. That was a pitch and catch play for any QB. That was a dumb call to rush the QB and leave Gronk that open down a short seam.
I tend to agree but that was Brady and Gronk knowing exactly how to trick the rookie.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I haven’t seen any comments on that play, or the play by Zeke in the same drive when he ran out of bounds. I’m screaming at the tv “why are you stopping the clock”. We still do not know how to play situational football.
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

when you and I are screaming and Moore is just walking around with the play sheet covering his mouth...there is something wrong

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
yikes

this thread aged like milk on a warm sunday.

Cowboys so far have faced 3 Top #7ranked defenses. These are not bad teams he’s faced. Eagles would be 3-1 too if they didn’t play two top 3 teams in the cowboys and chiefs

Dak

#3 in TDs
#1 in Comp %
#1 in Deep Throws/Air Yards
#4 in Passer Rating

Hard to be critical. No quarterback in the league is statistically or record wise playing greater right now