Dak is not good against good teams

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I know it's not just his fault but Dak's record against winning teams the past 3 years is not good.- He's 5-13 the past 3 seasons. He threw for a lot of garbage stats in many of the losses and hasn't performed at a top level.
For a 4th round pick, he was given a lot of deference. But now, he's compensated as a Top level QB and he is expected to perform as such and find a way to overcome deficiencies outside of his control. The Top QB's tend to "find a way" and that's what will be expected of Dak. I hope he can deliver.

He DID deliver.....against a strong defending Super bowl team. What game were you watching?
Dak completed 72% of his passes for 403 yds.
Tom completed 64% of his passes for 379 yds.
Dak Prescott played one heckuva game last night and he did it with very little help from Zeke Elliott or the defense. It was Dak!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He DID deliver.....against a strong defending Super bowl team. What game were you watching?
Dak Prescott played one heckuva game last night and he did it with very little help from Zeke Elliott or the defense. It was Dak!

In all fairness the OP started this thread 3 days before the game.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
The defense gave him two TOs in scoring position, one of them because Fournette dropped a wide open screen right into the hands of our defender. The defense basically gave Dak points….

Doesn’t matter how they’re scored. I’ve given you the stats. Dak had zero to do with this loss. If you don’t understand that, that’s your problem.

Hadenough

Reaction score
well, the head coach should have told the players to stay in bounds and eat up the clock...case and point when Dak completed a pass down the left side to CD and he ran afterwards, and ran right out of bounds...the stupid idiot.....he should have gone down before going out of bounds to keep the clock running....so yeah, Dak did his job, completed the long pass, put us in FG position but stupid CD and Stupid head coach and OC who didn't tell the players what to do....same thing happened earlier in the drive......

but I get it, you want Dak to also be the head coach of the team and tell the assistant coaches what they should do and coach the WRs too.
You are 100% correct on the coaching. I'm rolling Dak in on this because he is getting paid to be elite. Elite QBs do take over the offense and do talk to WRs and RBs and remind them how important the situation is on a game winning drive.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You are 100% correct on the coaching. I'm rolling Dak in on this because he is getting paid to be elite. Elite QBs do take over the offense and do talk to WRs and RBs and remind them how important the situation is on a game winning drive.
but its coaches job first....I remember parcells practiced 2 minute offense and how to handle different situations incessently...not just run plays fast one after other, but situations with clock, field positions, etc......since his departure we have sucked in that department. and yes I do expect Dak to be great in those situations...but he can't be coach and OC and QB.....there is a reason there is a HC and OC......everyone has a role to play....you noticed Brady didn't have to worry about that stuff. he just executed and players knew what to do....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
the coaches failed us...again....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
:facepalm:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

That's the crux, his stats are brilliant, however, he doesnt have that winning/ killer mentality.

Our final drive....60 yards, 11 plays, but Dak just can't finish it off.

The Wilson drive last year or the numerous occasions Brady and Rodgers have ended those 2min game winning drives, that's the big difference in a winning team (and QB).

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well that's really not true. That defense was primed and ready to stop the run.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
So you blame Dak for losing the game? Simple question.

No I dont blame him, go check through my posts. I voice my concerns about Redzone Rocky as your attempt at using the redzone stats to glorify Dak was such a :facepalm:..

I'm one of those who think Dak's a good QB, however, he's got weaknesses.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think Dak proved he can play well against competition. If this offense can just figure out their red zone issues, they have the potential to be the best in the entire league.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I think Dak proved he can play well against competition. If this offense can just figure out their red zone issues, they have the potential to be the best in the entire league.

Yep, scoring in high leverage situations is the weakness, as Redzone Rocky pointed out a couple of weeks ago.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
*** are you guys smoking? Dak was fantastic on Thursday night on the road against the best team in the NFL... the exact same defense with all of the exact same players that held one Patrick Mahomes to 3 field goals for the entire Super Bowl.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
*** are you guys smoking? Dak was fantastic on Thursday night on the road against the best team in the NFL... the exact same defense with all of the exact same players that held one Patrick Mahomes to 3 field goals for the entire Super Bowl.

It doesnt matter does Patrick get paid 40 million a year...ooh wait...They know the argument is dumb, they just cant let it go. Heres the deal, no false start, no wiffed block and a route ran correctly and you very likely have a 100% TD red zone effe....Now Dak needs to help clean that up for sure, get the guys focused but Dak was on in that game, saying anything diferent is just an agenda driven dribble.