Dak is not the answer

Wood

Reaction score
We all enjoyed a magical 2016 season with two rookies who took league by storm. As I was chest thumping I read a sobering article on how you really don't know about QB until he completes his 2nd season. My raised arms slowly dropped. I patiently waited for 2nd season and now my fears are becoming a reality. Dak Prescott was product of Zeke being top 5 dynamic player. But I held reservations until I saw him matched up with Wentz. Well, unfortunately I am here to report Cowboys search for Tony replacement should continue.

Dak has as many ints as tds against NFC teams. Dallas has 1 offensive TD in two Zeke-less games. But real problem is what I saw from other teams QB. QB so big players couldn't bring him down throwing ridiculous ropes to his avg WR core. Eagles WR did their best to keep this game close in first half by dropping passes. But talent wins out and Wentz put Jerry Jones on notice last night.

Dallas has two options: 1) Do nothing and likely lose most divisional games & divisional titles to Eagles for next 7 -10 years. 2) Make some hard sacrifices and get Franchise QB by any means possible (Btw: Philly ended up giving away total of 7 players...mix of currently NFL players & draft picks for Wentz).

The big question is does Jerry Jones have stones to pivot?

Jenky

Reaction score
We all enjoyed a magical 2016 season with two rookies who took league by storm. As I was chest thumping I read a sobering article on how you really don't know about QB until he completes his 2nd season. My raised arms slowly dropped. I patiently waited for 2nd season and now my fears are becoming a reality. Dak Prescott was product of Zeke being top 5 dynamic player. But I held reservations until I saw him matched up with Wentz. Well, unfortunately I am here to report Cowboys search for Tony replacement should continue.

Dak has as many ints as tds against NFC teams. Dallas has 1 offensive TD in two Zeke-less games. But real problem is what I saw from other teams QB. QB so big players couldn't bring him down throwing ridiculous ropes to his avg WR core. Eagles WR did their best to keep this game close in first half by dropping passes. But talent wins out and Wentz put Jerry Jones on notice last night.

Dallas has two options: 1) Do nothing and likely lose most divisional games & divisional titles to Eagles for next 7 -10 years. 2) Make some hard sacrifices and get Franchise QB by any means possible (Btw: Philly ended up giving away total of 7 players...mix of currently NFL players & draft picks for Wentz).

The big question is does Jerry Jones have stones to pivot?

PUT IN COOPER RUSH

perrykemp

Reaction score
Saw on twitter that Dak’s career QB rating vs NFC East teams is 76.

Was surprised and discouraged.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Dak had a very bad game last night, which made everyone else look bad around him. it happens. When Dak was drafted, I never thought he would be more than a back up, but then he did what he did and i was in shock at his play. I am not ready to give up on the man just yet. But he has to step up. So far, with out Zeke has disappeared.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
The ceiling for Dak is Donavan McNabb. Listen, not every QB is going to be Tom Brady. The Giants won 2 Super Bowls with Eli Manning. He is good enough IF...IF...you put together a more complete roster and coaching staff. If you think you must cut every QB that comes along that is not Tom Brady...you will be looking forever for a franchise QB. Look how talented Tony Romo was...and he only won 1 playoff game. Romo was good enough and still did not sniff the prize. The issue in Dallas so much bigger than the QB. Especially a QB that has played like 25 games.

links18

Reaction score
The ceiling for Dak is Donavan McNabb. Listen, not every QB is going to be Tom Brady. The Giants won 2 Super Bowls with Eli Manning. He is good enough IF...IF...you put together a more complete roster and coaching staff. If you think you must cut every QB that comes along that is not Tom Brady...you will be looking forever for a franchise QB. Look how talented Tony Romo was...and he only won 1 playoff game. Romo was good enough and still did not sniff the prize. The issue in Dallas so much bigger than the QB. Especially a QB that has played like 25 games.

Romo won two playoff games, which still isn't a whole lot, but double what you gave him credit for.

CapnCook

Reaction score
Good post. It should (but wont) be the end of all the QB hand wringing for this week.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Cowboys fans are a fickle bunch. If Sean Lee, Tyron Smith and Zeke Elliott were playing healthy yesterday, you'd be celebrating a victory today. But because of those absences, you are ready to quite on your QB. He's not a bum, he just needs his supporting cast back.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cowboys fans are a fickle bunch. If Sean Lee, Tyron Smith and Zeke Elliott were playing healthy yesterday, you'd be celebrating a victory today. But because of those absences, you are ready to quite on your QB. He's not a bum, he just needs his supporting cast back.

They want a 2nd year pro to be Aaron Rodgers.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
More like stupid lol.......

I was trying to be nice but come on. Dak is not the problem. Maybe having at least ONE explosive offensive player (that isn't suspended) on the field would help him out. I see God throwing little WR screens that get taken to the house. Nobody on this team has that ability

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I was trying to be nice but come on. Dak is not the problem. Maybe having at least ONE explosive offensive player (that isn't suspended) on the field would help him out. I see God throwing little WR screens that get taken to the house. Nobody on this team has that ability

You're right, everyone else is the problem for his multiple picks, inaccurate throws, and not setting his feet.

It's all the fault of Dez, I guess...