Dak is not the answer

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He was a rookie.

Good lord you’re ridiculous.

Amazing your hatred for Dak is so strong that you can’t just admit that he played great as a rookie and so far has been very good for a QB who isn’t even done his second season yet.

I also like how you listed Romo’s stats for the game but only manage to mention the bad parts of Dak’s game.

I’ll list Dak’s stats though.

24/38. 300 yards. 3 TD’s and 1 Int.

Btw, I’m not even trying to argue that Dak is a better QB now, than Romo was at the end of his career. Of course a veteran Romo was better than Dak currently is. Romo had over a decade of nfl experience at that point.

Yeah, we had to play catch up with the Packers. Again, Dak played poorly in the first half then threw a bonehead INT that is even bad for a rookie.

Same issues this season, Dak simply can't play 4 quarters of football. He plays in spurts rather than consistent. His stats in that game do not tell the story of how he played in every quarter - he is part of the reason we were playing catch up the entire game which completely changes gameplans. We couldn't score a point for a while against a crap defense.

Dak was overrated last year and I pointed out all the flaws people are JUST NOW mentioning. I was right - so, how about your start listening to me so you don't get too disappointed in the future, okay?

TheGoat73

Reaction score
We all enjoyed a magical 2016 season with two rookies who took league by storm. As I was chest thumping I read a sobering article on how you really don't know about QB until he completes his 2nd season. My raised arms slowly dropped. I patiently waited for 2nd season and now my fears are becoming a reality. Dak Prescott was product of Zeke being top 5 dynamic player. But I held reservations until I saw him matched up with Wentz. Well, unfortunately I am here to report Cowboys search for Tony replacement should continue.

Dak has as many ints as tds against NFC teams. Dallas has 1 offensive TD in two Zeke-less games. But real problem is what I saw from other teams QB. QB so big players couldn't bring him down throwing ridiculous ropes to his avg WR core. Eagles WR did their best to keep this game close in first half by dropping passes. But talent wins out and Wentz put Jerry Jones on notice last night.

Dallas has two options: 1) Do nothing and likely lose most divisional games & divisional titles to Eagles for next 7 -10 years. 2) Make some hard sacrifices and get Franchise QB by any means possible (Btw: Philly ended up giving away total of 7 players...mix of currently NFL players & draft picks for Wentz).

The big question is does Jerry Jones have stones to pivot?

4th round sophomore. This post is quite premature.

starcity214

Reaction score
Yeah, we had to play catch up with the Packers. Again, Dak played poorly in the first half then threw a bonehead INT that is even bad for a rookie.

Same issues this season, Dak simply can't play 4 quarters of football. He plays in spurts rather than consistent. His stats in that game do not tell the story of how he played in every quarter - he is part of the reason we were playing catch up the entire game which completely changes gameplans. We couldn't score a point for a while against a crap defense.

Dak was overrated last year and I pointed out all the flaws people are JUST NOW mentioning. I was right - so, how about your start listening to me so you don't get too disappointed in the future, okay?

He won't listen bro. If he wants to think Dak is the greatest " rookie QB ever" let him...

The only thing Dak has been "good" at is QBR and not throwing interceptions but I will show you why those two are overrated.

In a game,
Dak Prescott goes 5/5 on third down and has 35 yards but no touchdowns or interceptions.
His QBR on third down for that game will probably be very high.
Now, on third down, Dak threw short of the marker on all 5 of his attempts and failed to convert a single third down all game. Even so, his QBR will be great for that game because of his completions and yards and no turnovers.

Carson Wentz goes 1/8 on third down and throws 3 interceptions on third down but also one touchdown. His QBR will probably be terrible..

In this game, both defenses play lights out and the game ends 7 -0 Philadelphia.

Dak will have a better QBR than Wentz despite his being a non factor and Wentz essentially winning the game by taking risks ( he completed one of his risky throws and it won the game)

This is why QBR is worthless...
If there was a " CR" ( coach rating) Garret would also lead the league because he never goes for it on 4th down ( Didn't lose the game because of his decisions) That system is flawed..

waving monkey

Reaction score
We all enjoyed a magical 2016 season with two rookies who took league by storm. As I was chest thumping I read a sobering article on how you really don't know about QB until he completes his 2nd season. My raised arms slowly dropped. I patiently waited for 2nd season and now my fears are becoming a reality. Dak Prescott was product of Zeke being top 5 dynamic player. But I held reservations until I saw him matched up with Wentz. Well, unfortunately I am here to report Cowboys search for Tony replacement should continue.

Dak has as many ints as tds against NFC teams. Dallas has 1 offensive TD in two Zeke-less games. But real problem is what I saw from other teams QB. QB so big players couldn't bring him down throwing ridiculous ropes to his avg WR core. Eagles WR did their best to keep this game close in first half by dropping passes. But talent wins out and Wentz put Jerry Jones on notice last night.

Dallas has two options: 1) Do nothing and likely lose most divisional games & divisional titles to Eagles for next 7 -10 years. 2) Make some hard sacrifices and get Franchise QB by any means possible (Btw: Philly ended up giving away total of 7 players...mix of currently NFL players & draft picks for Wentz).

The big question is does Jerry Jones have stones to pivot?
let me politely say I just disagree. I can say that the staff disagree.Thank god.

black label

Reaction score
thumb.aspx

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Murray is not Zeke.. didn’t have the breakaway speed nor was he averaging 5 YPC in first down.. Zeke has one less game, three less carries per game as well and he didn’t have the benefit of a deep arm threat that makes DBs stay back, but was dealing with 8 and 9 man fronts regularly.

And Sean Lee didn’t play in 2014 nor did we have Irving and Tank playing at such levels..

And Romo won a playoff game and like I said, Dez’s catch was overturned and Murray fumbled on a wide open hole...
Let's not forget that the first playoff game, that pass interference call on Hitchins was overturned, or they would not have been in GB as all.

Gator88

Reaction score
Let's not forget that the first playoff game, that pass interference call on Hitchins was overturned, or they would not have been in GB as all.
There was still quite a bit of time left in that game at that point, and Det did get the ball back with a chance to do something with after that and they didn't.

And to be honest, that whole incident was offensive PI /hands to the face which was then followed by a minor defensive hold. If anything Detroit should have been penalized.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
There was still quite a bit of time left in that game at that point, and Det did get the ball back with a chance to do something with after that and they didn't.

And to be honest, that whole incident was offensive PI /hands to the face which was then followed by a minor defensive hold. If anything Detroit should have been penalized.

Nah should be been off setting replay the down.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
If Dak Prescott was up for trade, there would be 15-20 teams calling and would be more if they weren't already held in salary cap commitment to their current top 10 QB's.

He turns 25 just a month before next years regular season.

Only half a season ago he went to the Pro bowl and was named offensive rookie of the year. All on a 4th round deal.

There's no denying Zeke and Tyron Smith missing the last 2 games are having an effect but coaching and quite possibly all of these distractions have effected results as well.

2 of our 3 most important players on offense and quite possibly the whole team are not on the field playing for us right now.

Dak Prescott is not this teams problem. The start of the off season to the teams current overall circumstances are.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If Dak Prescott was up for trade, there would be 15-20 teams calling and would be more if they weren't already held in salary cap commitment to their current top 10 QB's.

Only half a season ago he went to the Pro bowl and was named offensive rookie of the year. All on a 4th round deal.

There's no denying Zeke and Tyron Smith missing the last 2 games are having an effect but coaching and quite possibly all of these distractions have effected results as well.

2 of our 3 most important players on offense and quite possibly the whole team are not on the field playing for us right now.

Dak Prescott is not this teams problem. The start of the off season to the teams current overall circumstances are.

I say throw him on the trade block and see what we can get.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
3 weeks too late and you wouldn't have wanted to anyways at that point.

Dak is not our problem.

He won't back down this next game either.

You are pretty much admitting Dak needs an entire cast of his best to play at an acceptable level, yet he's somehow not the problem?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score

Take the draft pick if true

NotForLong

Reaction score
The comparisons between Romo and Dak are stupid simply by the fact Dak has had an OL and RB since he’s been here and at least no Garrett as play-caller.

He’s effectively had a running game to bail him out and a passing game built off play action, meaning the running game to assist him..

The year Romo had an OL and in charge of his own destiny without Garrett “in his way” to a significant degree he was robbed at Lambeau in a near flawless performance, by the refs with Dez and a fumble by Murray on a wide open hole...

The second year issues for QB was the big reason why starting Dak over Romo was stupid last year, because that forced Jerry into a decision for this year to start Dak in his sophomore year. We lost a chance with Romo and Zeke together, which could have given Dez so much downfield..

Thank you. Someone with a brain..

But thier is such a thing a sbeing ungrateful

You all threw Romo under the bus.

I never felt so sick as that call in Green Bay not until that Call by Garrett to go with Dak. I had the same exact feeling.

Both times Romo was robbed of greatest hence we were robbed.
.ps those seasons were the only ones we have had Sean Lee at is fullest

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You sure you are reading my posts?

You specifically pointed out 2 of the "important players" are out - one isn't even on the offensive side of the ball, so really has nothing to do with Dak.

So for Dak to play at an acceptable level, he needs the entire supporting cast of great players and a good coaching staff or else he'll play like a backup? Somehow, he's not the issue. The guy that is in charge of the offense and can't get us a TD isn't the problem, it's Smith and Lee being out....

I'm not saying Smith and Lee isn't hurting our team being out, but this is not enough to explain how poorly Dak has looked. Sorry, it's just not.

I'm not impressed with the excuses being made here.