Dak is not the answer

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We all enjoyed a magical 2016 season with two rookies who took league by storm. As I was chest thumping I read a sobering article on how you really don't know about QB until he completes his 2nd season. My raised arms slowly dropped. I patiently waited for 2nd season and now my fears are becoming a reality. Dak Prescott was product of Zeke being top 5 dynamic player. But I held reservations until I saw him matched up with Wentz. Well, unfortunately I am here to report Cowboys search for Tony replacement should continue.

Dak has as many ints as tds against NFC teams. Dallas has 1 offensive TD in two Zeke-less games. But real problem is what I saw from other teams QB. QB so big players couldn't bring him down throwing ridiculous ropes to his avg WR core. Eagles WR did their best to keep this game close in first half by dropping passes. But talent wins out and Wentz put Jerry Jones on notice last night.

Dallas has two options: 1) Do nothing and likely lose most divisional games & divisional titles to Eagles for next 7 -10 years. 2) Make some hard sacrifices and get Franchise QB by any means possible (Btw: Philly ended up giving away total of 7 players...mix of currently NFL players & draft picks for Wentz).

The big question is does Jerry Jones have stones to pivot?
Back away from the ledge , cheiftain,,,,

HungryLion

Reaction score
Murray is not Zeke.. didn’t have the breakaway speed nor was he averaging 5 YPC in first down.. Zeke has one less game, three less carries per game as well and he didn’t have the benefit of a deep arm threat that makes DBs stay back, but was dealing with 8 and 9 man fronts regularly.

And Sean Lee didn’t play in 2014 nor did we have Irving and Tank playing at such levels..

And Romo won a playoff game and like I said, Dez’s catch was overturned and Murray fumbled on a wide open hole...

And Dak lit the packers up in the playoffs, and put up more points in the playoffs against them.

Dak was also a rookie.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Dak's mechanics need work and he needs to settle down. Playing like that at home is not a good sign.

Wade Wilson is either not doing his job or getting through to this young man.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
He’s just not a naturally gifted passer . He’s good at everything else tho. He’s a starter but he can’t really come from behind or out sling the elite qb’s.

The game sure is easy with zeke huh.

khiladi

Reaction score
And Dak lit the packers up in the playoffs, and put up more points in the playoffs against them.

Dak was also a rookie.

With a banged up GB secondary and defense that got torched by the Falcons and he started off slow and Zeke was also playing and when Dallas abandoned the run during those stretches, everybody was yelling to feed Zeke which they started doing again..

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
We all enjoyed a magical 2016 season with two rookies who took league by storm. As I was chest thumping I read a sobering article on how you really don't know about QB until he completes his 2nd season. My raised arms slowly dropped. I patiently waited for 2nd season and now my fears are becoming a reality. Dak Prescott was product of Zeke being top 5 dynamic player. But I held reservations until I saw him matched up with Wentz. Well, unfortunately I am here to report Cowboys search for Tony replacement should continue.

Dak has as many ints as tds against NFC teams. Dallas has 1 offensive TD in two Zeke-less games. But real problem is what I saw from other teams QB. QB so big players couldn't bring him down throwing ridiculous ropes to his avg WR core. Eagles WR did their best to keep this game close in first half by dropping passes. But talent wins out and Wentz put Jerry Jones on notice last night.

Dallas has two options: 1) Do nothing and likely lose most divisional games & divisional titles to Eagles for next 7 -10 years. 2) Make some hard sacrifices and get Franchise QB by any means possible (Btw: Philly ended up giving away total of 7 players...mix of currently NFL players & draft picks for Wentz).

The big question is does Jerry Jones have stones to pivot?
Damp sod, bloke!
Romo gave us lumps of coal for 11 years for Christmas and he was beloved, and you want Dak out after 3\4 of a season??????
Talk about the sky falling, mate.
I recall Dak, after the chiefs game not so long ago, giving us a smug smile.
Let us act like adults, lad.
The sky is not falling because of Dak!

reddyuta

Reaction score
The throws shown here has nothing to do about having a lack of elite receivers. Here he’s just flat out missing open guys.

He only drives the ball when he’s on the move. Otherwise he throws flat footed as soon as he hits his drop point

yes,this was his weak point last year too.He has improved somewhat but relapses in tough conditions and i dont know what the fix is right now.

starcity214

Reaction score

Dak was also a rookie.

Are you still holding on to that game?
I already told you, Green bay was terrible defensively that year ( the falcons torched them the next week) and Dez was going against a practice squad player. If you can only play good against practice squad players, maybe that's where you belong....in the practice squad. I saw that game and Dak came out shell shocked and scored only 3 points early on missing throws left and right. It took Rodgers wetting the bed for Dallas to even catch up. Now, listen young man, this is what separates great QB's from mediocre ones; Dak had the ball with less than 2 minutes on the clock and he CHOKED! Dak was in Greenbay territory and couldn't get it done! Blame the defense ( they gave the ball to Dak late in the game with a chance to win) but Dak settled for a field goal. Rodgers went out and slung the ball ( Dak will never make that throw) and won the game. It is what it is..

People who defend Dak should not be allowed to criticize Jason Garrtt....

Dak is the Jason Garrtt of Quarterbacks.
Play it safe, play to not lose, rah rah guy, but both are just not good enough..both are mediocre. A match made in heaven..

Watch Dak come out and say " I played beyond myself against the eagles...i actually tried to throw deep"

Next week, Dak will come out and go 18/20 for 150 yards and no touchdowns and Dak defenders will say " Dak played great, he will be fine.."

Madness. When you know your defense sucks, you're an underdog, why not come out and slung it? I would respect him more even if he lost....smg

HungryLion

Reaction score
Are you still holding on to that game?
I already told you, Green bay was terrible defensively that year ( the falcons torched them the next week) and Dez was going against a practice squad player. If you can only play good against practice squad players, maybe that's where you belong....in the practice squad. I saw that game and Dak came out shell shocked and scored only 3 points early on missing throws left and right. It took Rodgers wetting the bed for Dallas to even catch up. Now, listen young man, this is what separates great QB's from mediocre ones; Dak had the ball with less than 2 minutes on the clock and he CHOKED! Dak was in Greenbay territory and couldn't get it done! Blame the defense ( they gave the ball to Dak late in the game with a chance to win) but Dak settled for a field goal. Rodgers went out and slung the ball ( Dak will never make that throw) and won the game. It is what it is..

People who defend Dak should not be allowed to criticize Jason Garrtt....

Dak is the Jason Garrtt of Quarterbacks.
Play it safe, play to not lose, rah rah guy, but both are just not good enough..both are mediocre. A match made in heaven..

Watch Dak come out and say " I played beyond myself against the eagles...i actually tried to throw deep"

Next week, Dak will come out and go 18/20 for 150 yards and no touchdowns and Dak defenders will say " Dak played great, he will be fine.."

Madness. When you know your defense sucks, you're an underdog, why not come out and slung it? I would respect him more even if he lost....smg

I was comparing Dak’s performance against the packers to Romo.

So with that in mind, What did Romo do against a similarly crappy Green Bay defense in 2014?

Dak did exactly what a good QB should do against. Bad defense. Lit them up for 300 yards and 3 TD’s. Put up 30 points against them.

But again. I was responding to another poster, comparing Romo and Dak versus the packers in the playoffs. You would know that if you actually read.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

So with that in mind, What did Romo do against a similarly crappy Green Bay defense in 2014?

Dak did exactly what a good QB should do against. Bad defense. Lit them up for 300 yards and 3 TD’s. Put up 30 points against them.

But again. I was responding to another poster, comparing Romo and Dak versus the packers in the playoffs. You would know that if you actually read.

Romo was 15 of 19, 191 yards, 10.1 avg, and 2 TDs. Romo was on a hot streak that you rarely see a QB get into. He was a controversial call away from being at the 1 yard line, and most likely would have got us in for a TD. Whether the D held the Packers, who knows.

Dak played poorly in the first half against the Packers and threw an INT on a freakin' WR screen.

Last edited:

starcity214

Reaction score

Look, I'm sorry. Believe it or not, we are both fans of the same team. Some of us just don't understand why fans like you are ok with Dak prescott and hate Jason Garrett. Let's have a rational discussion here. do you aprove of Jason Garrett and his approach to football?
( the play not to lose aproach)

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Look, I'm sorry. Believe it or not, we are both fans of the same team. Some of us just don't understand why fans like you are ok with Dak prescott and hate Jason Garrett. Let's have a rational discussion here. do you aprove of Jason Garrett and his approach to football?
( the play not to lose aproach)
I like rational discussions

HungryLion

Reaction score
Romo was 15 of 19, 191 yards, 10.1 avg, and 2 TDs. Romo was on a hot streak that you rarely see a QB get into. He was a controversial call away from being at the 1 yard line, and most likely would have got us in for a TD. Whether the D held us, who knows.

Dak played poorly in the first half against the Packers and threw an INT on a freakin' WR screen.

He was a rookie.

Good lord you’re ridiculous.

Amazing your hatred for Dak is so strong that you can’t just admit that he played great as a rookie and so far has been very good for a QB who isn’t even done his second season yet.

I also like how you listed Romo’s stats for the game but only manage to mention the bad parts of Dak’s game.

I’ll list Dak’s stats though.

24/38. 300 yards. 3 TD’s and 1 Int.

Btw, I’m not even trying to argue that Dak is a better QB now, than Romo was at the end of his career. Of course a veteran Romo was better than Dak currently is. Romo had over a decade of nfl experience at that point.