Dak Is Only One Divisional Title Away From Romo's Total

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Well in keeping with statistical facts, in division titles won when we didn't have *both* of the following to carry the load:

1) the leagues leading rusher, AND

2) a top 5 scoring defense

Romo leads 3-0.

So, there's that

Cowboyroy has been lost for a while now. He got on the Dak bandwagon...for whatever reason. He’ll go so far to tear down other players to prop up Dak now as well.

Sad stuff. It’s football and people get too emotional over people tossing around pigskin to think objectively.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I hope the teams Dak are on win more than any Dallas teams of the past, because that means we have some great teams! I want to win no matter who is at QB. I do want to see Dak improve because that makes the team better!!

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Cowboyroy has been lost for a while now. He got on the Dak bandwagon...for whatever reason. He’ll go so far to tear down other players to prop up Dak now as well.

Sad stuff. It’s football and people get too emotional over people tossing around pigskin to think objectively.

Every once in a while Roy will give an accurate assessment of Dak and acknowledge his numerous flaws

Roy's biggest issue is he has a visceral hatred for Romo. And because of that he will most often agree with any opinion that disparages Romo or those who liked him

As you said it clouds his ability to think rationally in these types of discussions

Reaction score
Romo was a good, not great qb, that couldn't get over the hump, who choked often. I like Dak a lot better. He wins more, so far, in his early career, and that is the most important to me.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Romo at 38 and 2 years retired is still way better than Dak has even shown potential to be.

Having said that, while he was playing I patented the term Romoception. Everyone should immediately be able to figure out what it means, but for the younger Dak fans I’ll spell it out. Imagine having the ball on a great drive, going into your opponents territory late in the 4th in a 1 possession game. Play it cool and you’ve won. Suddenly out of nowhere, Romo, who at the time would be like 29-35 for 315 and 2 tds, stares down his number 1 WR and just underhands the oddest pass to the cornerback undercutting the blatant 1-read play.

Remember the Jets game in 2010 when Romo lobbed that wounded duck to Revis who was in way better position than Dez? Remember in 2012 when Romo did it 2 drives in a row to GB who didn’t have Rodgers or a chance in hell to win that game? The infamous game where Romo checked out of a run to burn the clock and win the game... only to throw a pick. Oh! Oh! Remember that time he threw for 500 yards against Denver and should have beat Manning! Only to throw a pick at the worst time and lose by a field goal...

Having said that, Tony was generally pro bowl caliber and would be crushing people with today’s team. Could you imagine Romo to Cooper?

ColeBeasley11

BruceCarter54
Reaction score
Funny opinions on Dak are so polarizing he’s either great or awful. He’s a solid quarterback who has a few glaring weaknesses(holding the ball, missing deep throws.) But he wins, he’s tough and he’s a competitor. Second best record by a QB since enterting the league which a middle of the pack at best coaching staff. Do we have so much talent or is he a slightly above average quarterback. Either perspective has a lot of merit. Personally I have him in the 10-15 range of QBs and the stats support that. Hard too find someone better that's the issue.

Zman5

Reaction score
Romo was trashed as much as Dak was on here. It was a 10 year fight to try and explain to the "I want Tom Brady Bunch" that its not realistic.

Exactly. I defended Romo just like I've support Dak here. Romo would pass for 500 yards and go toe to toe with P. Manning yet the Romo haters would only want to talk about the one INT.

No different than some of the moronic Dak haters on here. Dak could have a good game but all they want to talk about is one bad throw he had in the game.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Do you mean playoff wins? Romo has only two.

But why do pro-Dak posts have to be anti-Romo and pro-Romo posts anti-Dak? Can't we just delineate and say that both are Cowboys QBs to be evaluated and appreciated/criticized in their own right? Let's stop tying the two together.
;) Reasoned Wisdom, has apparently been on half rations around here between the ears of an considerable percentage of forum posters , Mister Terrible Lizard of Scarlet colored configuration:thumbup:, as it is refreshingly upbeat and enjoyable, in seeing mental application applied in response & to actually seeing the shoveling BACK( counter-battery) in an intellectually low-key& mundane manner , as to what's overtly vectored it seems, in it's Threads Design's,,,*well, done! My pretty groovy AVATAR sportin' Fellow,,,,:starspin:,,,er,,,The persistently foreverville Q.B.quandary in DALLAS wouldn't satisfy some verbal vocal types if The #12 Hisself's reincarnated CASING-LINER @ aged 25 was signed onto the current roster,,,ya know? o_O

* though, you'll eventually realize the over all futility in the illustration of such exertion in thwarting it's single purpose designed attempts,,, after awhileo_O

:lmao::thumbup::lmao:

JBS

Reaction score
I'm definitely not arguing against romo being better than dak

But why do people say romo never had a team this good?or a defense this good?

Don't kid yourselves..that's ridiculously stupid

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Romo was a good, not great qb, that couldn't get over the hump, who choked often. I like Dak a lot better. He wins more, so far, in his early career, and that is the most important to me.

Dak hasn’t won anything yet. What the HELL are you people on about?

In Romo’s first 4 seasons, he took the Cowboys out of irrelevancy and to the playoffs. Went 13-3 in 2007 and then won our first playoff game since 1996 in 2009

What the crap has Dak done? What is this stupid bias you people are showing?

Don’t like Romo? That’s fine. But stop posting stupid BS and pretend it’s going to be ignored.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'm definitely not arguing against romo being better than dak

But why do people say romo never had a team this good?or a defense this good?

Don't kid yourselves..that's ridiculously stupid

Romo has an overrated defense in 2007 and a defense in 2009 that collapsed in the playoffs. Romo’s side of the ball almost always ranked the better half of NFL stats.

Having two seasons with a good defense out of a 10 year career is not really doing any favors for the anti-Romo crowd

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Dak hasn’t won anything yet. What the HELL are you people on about?

In Romo’s first 4 seasons, he took the Cowboys out of irrelevancy and to the playoffs. Went 13-3 in 2007 and then won our first playoff game since 1996 in 2009

What the crap has Dak done? What is this stupid bias you people are showing?

Don’t like Romo? That’s fine. But stop posting stupid BS and pretend it’s going to be ignored.
:lmao:LMAO:lmao:

,,,&,,,ER,,,GOOD POST, Matt:starspin:

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
So serious question - if you swapped Romo out for Dak from 2011 to 2013, how many games do the Cowboys win? Those were the 3 8-8 seasons. No other changes, just the qb. I personally think we would have struggled to win 4 games with Dak and those teams. No OL. No running game and a defense that couldn’t stop me let alone any nfl team. Good but not great WR and a first year head coach in 2011.

JBS

Reaction score
Romo has an overrated defense in 2007 and a defense in 2009 that collapsed in the playoffs. Romo’s side of the ball almost always ranked the better half of NFL stats.

Having two seasons with a good defense out of a 10 year career is not really doing any favors for the anti-Romo crowd

That 2007 team wasn't better than this team?

Are you serious?

Gator88

Reaction score
That 2007 team wasn't better than this team?

Are you serious?
I would agree with that point. The only real advantage the 2007 team had outside of the QB was TO and Witten, and TO was a shell of himself in the playoff game due to injury.