Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
If we win the Super Bowl

Dak will be remembered the same way as this guy

1eb51466e2a6927906cb8e031cdbefca.jpg

See that hardware in his hand?

He is and will be remembered as a champion, and if Dak is remembered in the same way, then as a Cowboys fan, that's all that matters to me.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
See that hardware in his hand?

He is and will be remembered as a champion, and if Dak is remembered in the same way, then as a Cowboys fan, that's all that matters to me.
My point is Dilfer is widely recognized as a game manager on a great defense.

He was hardly the reason that team won the Super Bowl.

For some reason, fans on here think that Dak carries this team.

“Hes won the division 2 out of 3 years”

I post this teams offensive rankings and its, “b b but what are they after cooper”, even though we score less points per game with Cooper than we did without him.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score

I post this teams offensive rankings and its, “b b but what are they after cooper”, even though we score less points per game with Cooper than we did without him.

I do agree with you that Dak does not carry this team. He needs some help, and since it appears that he is a bus driver-type QB, I just don't want him to crash the bus.

With this defense and RB (hopefully the OL can get it together), just drive it to the promised land is all I ask.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I said that Dak is playing under better circumstances than most. Which you are agreeing with.

Our running game spends most of its time dealing with 8 men in the box due to our passing games inability to back anybody off.

If your definition of "best" is the most rushing yards in the stat line then maybe you are the uniformed.

I clearly said Dak is "operating at less than Ideal circumstances." Does that sound to you like they're the best in the NFL? It clearly doesn't. They are now in question as to whether they currently are "pretenders instead of contenders." This is the state of our OL in December, which is clearly not what it had been categorized in the months preceding. Injuries to hamper Tyron Smith and the disease of Travis Frederick, along with the less than impressive pass protection performances of Le'el Collins have seriously downgraded their ratings.

If you think otherwise, you haven't been keeping up with this team as well as you pretend to be. Face it, you haven been doing your homework or you'd know better. Yes, Zeke has been doing well, despite the problems being encountered by our OL. That's much to his credit. He's arguably the best RB in the league and is managing splendidly. The OL's main problems center around their limitations in pass protection, which are considerable.

The current replacements have been adequate in the run game but that's about it. Zack Martin has been hampered by a knee strain and will play Sunday. He'll do the best he can under the circumstances. It's a similar situation for Tyron Smith, only his problems have been with an aggravated condition in his back, a bad shoulder and ankle problems. He's simply not now what he was in the past. He'll be doing what he can as well. Looney is doing OK, although, clearly not what we had formerly in Frederick. La'el is good at run blocking and well less than adequate in his pass blocking. What more can I tell you? They're average at best at this point and certainly not the "best in the NFL" as you've stated.

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score

So does Dak get any credit for 2016?

Or is the whole “best rookie season in NFL history” thing just a myth?

shabazz

Reaction score
Who's signing him to anything? IMO, the Cowboys (I hope) are going to let him play out 2019 (hopefully with new OC and QB Coach) and reevaluate then.

Again, I'm an Aikman fan, so I've seen how a HOF QB can help, and I'm on the fence with Dak, but I don't see an answer for 2019.

Unless we can continue the amazing drafting we've had, we have a finite timeframe with the current players, especially Zeke and OL. In the best case scenario, a rookie QB would probably take 2-3 years to get up to speed.

I'm all for upgrading every position, but barring an absolute miracle, I don't see how any QB unseats Dak in 2019.

I agree that we may have to keep this Turd as Qb for 2019 but we should be taking steps in the meantime to upgrade the position at the same time.

Nav22

Reaction score
He gets credit for 2016.

He was way better then, than he is now. Way better
So he peaked as a rookie and now, 2 years later, he has zero chance to get back to that level.

Even though he had a MUCH better offensive supporting cast in 2016 than he has now.

So even if the supporting cast gets back to the 2016 level, Dak is HOPELESS!

Got it. No holes in that logic whatsoever.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dak is more afraid than Tim. Tim didn't get scared when pressured. He never was scared for half a season and half of another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.