Dak is the best QB in the league! Pay him 60-70 million a year!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dak should be docked 20 mil off his contract because of that stupid fumble.

The defense won this game, not Dak.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He’s definitely playing the best or 2nd best in the NFL right now. But let’s not suggest 60 or 70 million.
LOL......No NFL QB is getting $60M+ over the next few years. Burrow is the highest paid at $55M. Even if Dak wins MVP, Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP he will not get $60M. That would have him making a little over 10% more than the highest paid. It's not how the NFL works....yes he will likely become the highest paid but something closer to $56/57M.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
A Great QB, does not have really dumb throws with really great throws.

Dak is great, when he's great.
But mixed in are dumb throws.
I guess it all depends on what someone's definition of great is.
There's a consistency component of not throwing dumb throws.
I guess that's worth mega millions.

If Dak keeps getting better (less dumb throws), and our D keeps Shining, then we have chance in the Playoffs.
Lol this just tells me you don’t watch other elite QBs.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s a sign of the sad times when fans act like we won a Super Bowl after a regular season home win over a division rival. Great win but let’s not get carried away. We’ve seen 13-3 and 12-4 teams lose in the divisional round.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
He is going to be highest paid in the moment. Let's not throw any bonus money in there. They should get it done before some other big time QBs reset the market.

Cmac

Reaction score
He’s better than Mahomes! Pay the man and make him the highest paid QB in the league! Hahahahahaha we beat Philly!!!!!!!!
.....this is a landmark post, given how the Board Salary Capoligists will grasp for every nickel & dime in the players pocket the moment something goes bad, if only for a week or two. Landmark Post!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
A Great QB, does not have really dumb throws with really great throws.

Dak is great, when he's great.
But mixed in are dumb throws.
I guess it all depends on what someone's definition of great is.
There's a consistency component of not throwing dumb throws.
I guess that's worth mega millions.

If Dak keeps getting better (less dumb throws), and our D keeps Shining, then we have chance in the Playoffs.
what is a dumb throw? and show me a QB without a dumb throw....

Chuck 54

Reaction score
He’s better than Mahomes! Pay the man and make him the highest paid QB in the league! Hahahahahaha we beat Philly!!!!!!!!
Ummmmm…..no! I love Dak, but this is the contract where he should be reasonable. He already has and will have more money than he, his kids, or his grandkids can spend. Get a great contract, but be reasonable and make sure you have a shot at a SB the rest of the way to cement your legacy. That doesn’t mean take a paltry contract, but be reasonable.

foofighters

Reaction score
wow. Meanwhile eagles fans are calling for their coach's head right now. Man, football fans are funny. Dak is looking fantastic but he's getting up in age and needs to also think about championships. The need for the team to available funds to pay people around him so they can build on this. Pay Dak, sure. But let's not get out of hand here. Oh, Mahomes is still pretty dang good. His WR's aren't helping him and maybe Bienemy was better than people thought.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
New contract???

many-times-no-icegif.gif

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak is playing better, but when Philly started ramping up the pressure he started to get rattled.
McCarthy has done a great job keeping him from being pressed, but in the playoffs it will happen.
He didn’t get rattled once last night.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Cope and seethe.
Cope with what? Dak had a very average game and was a bus driver for the most part. The run game was very effective, but it was the defense that won this game.

CWR

Reaction score
If Dak wants to win he will do the right thing. No reason to go over $55M a year. Especially with the advertising money in Dallas. He already has enough money. No reason to sell out your happiness.
Imagine being him and after being blasted by his own fans for years do you really want to give a discount?

He knows the moment things go south even if it's not his fault he's gonna be ran out of town.

I might just take my money.