Dak is the best QB in the league! Pay him 60-70 million a year!

bottleKids

Reaction score
I like how for some of you, it can't just be good enough that Dak is a MVP candidate, playing his best career year since starting in the NFL, and having us be a legit contender for the SuperBowl.

Now it has to be "Dak is better than Mahomes" Even if that was true (it's not), why would we want our QB making 60-70 million. KC is starting now to show what its like to have such a huge hit to your cap paying a QB. Bills, and soon Philly and Cincy too..... I am sorry but I hope his extension is 45-55 a year.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Ohtani/Dodgers (esque) contract may be an option.....

Surely the QB of the Cowboys is the highest paid endorsed player in (American) sports. If Ohtani is getting the majority of his money in years 11-21 and willing to 'live' off his vast endorsed money, whilst providing the 'CAP' flexibility for the team to compete, isnt there a way of a similar agreement with Dak?

This option only really works with a player with massive endorsements?

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Ohtani/Dodgers (esque) contract may be an option.....

Surely the QB of the Cowboys is the highest paid endorsed player in (American) sports. If Ohtani is getting the majority of his money in years 11-21 and willing to 'live' off his vast endorsed money, whilst providing the 'CAP' flexibility for the team to compete, isnt there a way of a similar agreement with Dak?

This option only really works with a player with massive endorsements?
Even though Dak has an estimated $50MM in endorsement money, kicking the can down the road does have its drawbacks. It would be nice if Dak takes a discount, but I don't expect he will. I know that whatever his number, it will be cheaper to sign him before next year rather than wait.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Well I'm not paying him anything, so I don't care what he earns. I just want him to keep playing like he currently is.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will wait until after the season. Not concerned over any contract s right now.
Can we just get to and win the next game. that is my opinion.

But interesting to read all the others. Sometimes.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Actually, if you want the truth, you sound like the crybaby. However, I must consider the source.
Just remember that every time you complain about something LMAO. But it’s expected from you.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I will wait until after the season. Not concerned over any contract s right now.
Can we just get to and win the next game. that is my opinion.

But interesting to read all the others. Sometimes.
It's like "Groundhogs day."

silvernblu

Reaction score
He’s better than Mahomes! Pay the man and make him the highest paid QB in the league! Hahahahahaha we beat Philly!!!!!!!!
Dak is the best QB in the league. Let him make 200 million in endorsements and take a paycut from the team for salary cap reasons - like Brady and Payton did.

nathanlt

Reaction score
He’s better than Mahomes! Pay the man and make him the highest paid QB in the league! Hahahahahaha we beat Philly!!!!!!!!
A smart QB knows that the team can't afford quality OL, WR, Defense, etc if they pay him that much. If the goal is Super Bowls, he won't seek that number. If the goal is the biggest pile of money, regardless of consequences, he would.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Has won nothing, has never played in a SB let alone a championship game. Yea I’d say a contract extension seems right for this franchise. But the numbers you quoted are too low, needs to be in the vicinity of 120 - 150 million over 6 years