Dak is the best qb in the NFL right now

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Mahomes has played no one either. Jaguars have no offense and they have holes in every position. And we would certainly crush the Raiders.

At least we played the Commanders who made it a game with Philly. Neither the Raiders or the Jaguars have done anything yet to indicate they're formidable.

VACowboy

Reaction score
The combined record of the two dreadful teams Dallas played is 0-4 and play another 0-2 team on Sunday, can we just tap the brakes
Dak's 2018 regular season numbers, after Amari Cooper joined the team in week 7...

1st in completion %
2nd in passing yards
3rd in passer rating
9-1 record (most wins over that span)

These numbers were compiled from October on and include wins over Atlanta, New Orleans and two over Philly. These numbers do not include the first two wins of 2019.

zerofill

Reaction score
Yeah, Dak has been great so far... he really has. I have been a huge critic. But, he has definitely put in work to change his mechanics etc.

But, Mahomes is going to set the QB contract bar to interstellar levels, when it is time. He isn't lucky, or a flash in the pan... dude is legit.
People who hate the chiefs watch the chief's games to watch him play. I said his first 6 games in he looked like a prodigy. Pretty sure, that
is the case. Barring injury, he is going to be the contract king soon.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
DYAR #1
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb/2019
Capture.png
And DVOA, by a mile. (That will change once opponent adjustments kick in.)

blueblood70

Reaction score
Something I have not seen talked about.
78.1 and 86.7 pass completion % in 1st 2 games avg is 82.4%

This is highest in NFL I think.
I checked a few like rodgers and brees ryan, and brady.
Tom had a 71 % in miami game.
Most avg in 60's or lower.
82% Pass completion ? is very unusual.
7 td's 1 int
QBR IS 140.9 AVG for 2 games.

People have said he cant carry the team, but he has for the last 2
games, due to kellen and better group of receivers.
here are the only others that come close.
Lamar Jackson 85.0 and 158.3 vs Miami-- 64.9 104.8 vs Arizona 7td avg 74.9 % 131.55 qbr
I left these out lol

Mahomes II 68.2 131.2 vs raiders-- 75.8 143.2 vs Jags - 72% 137.2 qbr 7td

Brady 71.4 124.7 vs Miami-- 66.7 124.9 vs Steelers - 69.05 % 124.8 qbr 5td's

Just a side note,

8 teams at 0-2 Miami needs to out lose the other 7 teams
9 are 2-0 5 in NFC Dallas should go 3-0 then maybe 4-0 will they be the last unbeaten team? only 4 others
besides Dallas in NFC. 3 are in the west Div, sea SF and rams, so they have to play each other so they
will have to lose soon.

About Miami I read a little on it, and they have very good reason to tank and finish last,
They traded away 2 of their best players for # 1 picks, they now have 3, and 2 in rd 2 , and 2 in rd 3.
It would be stupid to then go 8-8 and have middle of round picks, so best thing is to finish last
and then it is up to how wisely they use those picks.
The other thing is how to you get players to tank , or play badly?? some wont want to, it would be bad for their resume, and some wont like the idea. So it isnt easy to finish dead last.

Mahomes II 68.2 131.2 vs raiders-- 75.8 143.2 vs Jags - avg 72% 137.2 qbr 7td

Brady 71.4 124.7 vs Miami-- 66.7 124.9 vs Steelers - avg 69.05 % 124.8 qbr 5td's
(Rodgers doesnt even come close.)

So seems to me Dak is the best QB in NFL right now 2 games in to this season.
NO HES NOT..sorry we know the difference , dont believe the hype..

dont get me wrong hes elevated himself from 15-20 after last season into the top 10..but tap the brakes on anointing him just yet after beating bad teams...

those other guys are beating everyone, winning or truly competing for SBs, just STOP , he has not fr sure become Elite overnight..

BTW there 6 other threads already addressing all this.. so Thanks for all the redundancy, yet another knee jerk post about dak.. start another about Kellen as well.. we can keep going over the fact ITS TOO EARLY..

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
Yeah, Dak has been great so far... he really has. I have been a huge critic. But, he has definitely put in work to change his mechanics etc.

But, Mahomes is going to set the QB contract bar to interstellar levels, when it is time. He isn't lucky, or a flash in the pan... dude is legit.
People who hate the chiefs watch the chief's games to watch him play. I said his first 6 games in he looked like a prodigy. Pretty sure, that
is the case. Barring injury, he is going to be the contract king soon.
Mahomes is great, but I would not trade Dak for him.

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
I would trade Dak and a 1st rounder for Mahomes... can we stop being Cowboy fans and be football savvy fans..jeez hes not made it into the elite conversation just because of those two wins...gimmee a break
I don't agree with you. I am not just looking at two games. I have seen his ability from the start and that was with poor to no coaching. He is 12 and 2 with Cooper. I would not trade him for Mahomes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Dak hadn't played at this level would the Giants and Commanders be 0-2?

And what awesome secondaries have Jackson and Mahomes faced? Dolphins, Raiders, etc..
Well that's what I Was going to say......if I'm not mistaken the Giants and Eagles were both beating us at some point in those games. If Dak doesn't play the way he does....those teams may not be 0-2.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score

7 td's 1 int

Lamar Jackson 85.0 and 158.3 vs Miami-- 64.9 104.8 vs Arizona 7td avg 74.9 % 131.55 qbr
I left these out lol

Just a side note,

9 are 2-0 5 in NFC Dallas should go 3-0 then maybe 4-0 will they be the last unbeaten team? only 4 others
besides Dallas in NFC. 3 are in the west Div, sea SF and rams, so they have to play each other so they
will have to lose soon.

About Miami I read a little on it, and they have very good reason to tank and finish last,
They traded away 2 of their best players for # 1 picks, they now have 3, and 2 in rd 2 , and 2 in rd 3.
It would be stupid to then go 8-8 and have middle of round picks, so best thing is to finish last
The other thing is how to you get players to tank , or play badly?? some wont want to, it would be bad for their resume, and some wont like the idea. So it isnt easy to finish dead last.

Brady 71.4 124.7 vs Miami-- 66.7 124.9 vs Steelers - avg 69.05 % 124.8 qbr 5td's

Cmon man, I like Dak and support Dak. Gimme mahomes

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

7 td's 1 int

I left these out lol

Just a side note,

will have to lose soon.

Troll

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't agree with you. I am not just looking at two games. I have seen his ability from the start and that was with poor to no coaching. He is 12 and 2 with Cooper. I would not trade him for Mahomes.
good for you..he didnt beat the rams last year, or GB in playoff game yet..hes not the best until he beats the best in the best moments,,good thing he gets to play a lot of them soon..

BTW this is homerism but it doesnt bother me..daks been moving up and playing well BUT he did NOT even make the NFL top 100 last year and most even our own fans in here had him ranked outside the top 10 really it was 15-16 in most circles.. so yes these two games have elevated the rankings and they should not..

Im dak fan but no way im having this debate he is NOT the best..

good thing KC wouldn't trade Mahomes anyway..so its moot point..