Dak is the best qb in the NFL right now

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Umm you know that Alex Smith had all that talent as well right? And Mahomes didn’t even have hunt for a full season, and has now also lost Tyreek and hasn’t skipped a beat. Instead he’s just moved on to mecole and Demarcus Robinson. (Who?) exactly.
Alex Smith isn't the QB Mahomes is. The QBs in 15 had the same team that Dak had but Dak is the better QB so he was able to do more. My point is guys want to judge Dak but give others a free pass.

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
Um, they didn't play a great game against the iggles. They fell apart in the second half.
Their quarterback threw for 380 years 3 TD's and 0 picks. That is awfully good. And now suddenly they are referred to as an awful team. This is only an effort to denigrate what the Cowboys did. And only non fans would make such a baseless argument.

smitty313

Reaction score
. And it seems that no matter what Dak does many here will choose against him. That is very sad to me, to think that many "fans" of this team are so blind to reality.
Why tf are you equating preferring a phenom in Mahomes as being a bad fan?

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
How very communist of you...

"How dare this person express an idea I disagree with"
You don't even know what I'm talking about. The guy was saying many ugly things to a bunch of members here a few days ago. He said that Dak was gay and a bunch of weird stuff. Pages of the thread had to be removed. If you don't have a clue about something, why comment?

Proof

Reaction score
Alex Smith isn't the QB Mahomes is. The QBs in 15 had the same team that Dak had but Dak is the better QB so he was able to do more. My point is guys want to judge Dak but give others a free pass.

free pass? Mahomes has set the field on fire since he set foot on the field. Acknowledging it is just that. He’s a stud and it doesn’t matter who’s on the field.
And no, qbs in 15 didn’t have the same team. They had McFadden and no zeke lol. And obviously Amari and Gallup and Cobb are the best set of receivers we’ve had maybe ever. Dak has a very fully stocked cabinet. He lost zeke and fell apart. Mahomes lost hunt and didn’t skip a beat. Lost tyreek and didn’t skip a beat. Cmon now

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
I would sign Brady over anyone b/c I think 1 year of glory is priceless. You can't buy super bowls.

Dak is putting up great stats through 2 games...........but its just 2 games.
Well I will take Dak over Brady at this point in their careers 10 out of 10 times. I think Dak is a good deal better than 42 year Brady. And we are much more likely to win the super bowl with him. Not to mention I would like to build a team, as we have done, and go win 2-3 super bowls. Rather than hired guns, like Peyton in Denver etc. But that is of course just my opinion.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't think folks are saying he is the best but that he has played like one of the best this season. Right now that's true..... Dak, Mahomes and Jackson are the top 3 QBs but it's just week 3. Mahomes and Jackson play each other this week so one of them will fall down.

None of this will matter until Dak wins more than 1 game in the playoffs though. Fair or not but it's the truth.
good post, That is how I see it too.
I am curious to see if jackson can keep it up and dak too.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The reason I said you were welcome to go root for the Chief's is that the comment of mine that you responded to was simply me saying that I would not trade Dak for Mahones. That is not me saying I think Dak is better, but just that I prefer him on our team. He fits the puzzle we are now, very well. And I personally would not want anyone else. You then went on to tell me how great Mahomes is, as if I had said Dak was better. So that is why I said what I said about rooting for KC. This ended up upsetting you and what you wrote, inflamed me. And really I don't think that in person we would have been far off of agreeing with each other. I think what happens on here often, is a word or two is missed, or a persons intent is missed, because words can be very lacking. And that can lead to much bigger disagreements than really exist. Anyhow, peace.
That is so true , it is hard to communicate in simple text, many things are misconstrued.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Why? Why do you want fans to enjoy this less?

I will never understand you tap the brakes folks.

Dance like no one is looking. Enjoy every moment as much as you can.
The only brakes worth tapping are the on the negativity when we lose.

Why should we strive to enjoy winning less?
good post lol.
tap the brakes isnt necessary, it just means those that say that did not understand what I was trying to say.
which was Dak has been the best for the first 2 weeks of the season, I hope that is clear lol.
no telling what happens the rest of the season.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
free pass? Mahomes has set the field on fire since he set foot on the field. Acknowledging it is just that. He’s a stud and it doesn’t matter who’s on the field.
And no, qbs in 15 didn’t have the same team. They had McFadden and no zeke lol. And obviously Amari and Gallup and Cobb are the best set of receivers we’ve had maybe ever. Dak has a very fully stocked cabinet. He lost zeke and fell apart. Mahomes lost hunt and didn’t skip a beat. Lost tyreek and didn’t skip a beat. Cmon now

There was no Zeke in 2015, but most of the other players were there. I find it hard to believe that one player can explain a turnaround from 4-12 to 13-3. Zeke was instrumental in our turnaround from 4-12 to 13-3, but let's not pretend that we had a huge roster upgrade from 2015 to 2016 that allowed Dak to go 13-3. Dak had to do a lot of the work himself to allow us to go 13-3.

There were lots of games that we won in 2016 it was primarily because of Zeke, I fully admit. (Cincinnati, San Francisco, Chicago, 2nd Commanders, Tampa Bay), but it was because Zeke was so successful, Dak simply wasn't needed and wasn't asked to do a lot. But there were also games that it was more because of Dak we won than Zeke - because he delivers in prime moments and he had a big passing day (the Packers, Ravens, Steelers, Eagles, and the 1st Commanders game). And when we were down 21-3 against the Packers in the playoffs, it certainly looked like it was Dak who was the one primarily responsible for engineering the fierce comeback.

You also have to realize that Mahomes walked onto a team that had 5 straight winning seasons averaging an 11-5 record per year. Dak inherited a franchise that had gone 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 8-8, and 4-12 to start the decade with only that one great year 2014. And since he's been here, we've never had a year worse than any of those years we had to start the decade. (That 2014 year the sole exception)

I think Mahomes had too many weapons that the loss Kareem Hunt is equivalent to the Cowboys loss of Michael Gallup for a few weeks. Does anyone think we'll start going on a losing streak just because of the loss of Gallup? So I hardly think Hunt is a monumental loss. As far as Tyreek Hill is concerned, I think KC also added LeSean McCoy (maybe not quite the stud he used to be). Tyreek Hill has also been injured only 2 weeks so not enough sample size to make any conclusions yet. I think it's too premature to state that Cobb, Gallup, and Cooper are the best receiving tandem we've ever had since all 3 came after 2018. It is a great receiving group no doubt though, but I still think the Chiefs are more loaded.

You can't point to 3 games in 2017 (Chargers, Falcons, and the Eagles) to make conclusions about Dak crapping the bed because of the loss of Zeke. Chaz Green gave up like 8 sacks against Atlanta. Dak was terrible against the Chargers and the Eagles in 2017 I agree, but those teams were far stronger than anyone Mahomes has faced without Hill. The Jaguars and the Raiders? Dak would've beat them any year since he's been here.

There's no doubt at this point that Mahomes is a premiere QB, but it's not hard to see that someone could find what Dak did to be even more impressive considering what he inherited vs what Mahomes did. Also, Dak has witnessed huge changes in the receiving corp since he's been here, and we've also had injuries and changes to the offensive line. Mahomes' receiving corps has not been totally revamped like Dak's had going from 2017 to 2018 and he certainly hasn't had as many offensive line changes. C'mon now. It's clear to me that Dak has had to deal with far more roster revamping overall than Mahomes has had.

Again, what Mahomes has done is terrific, but I truly think what Dak has done is even more worthy of praise given the separate situations and conditions.

Last edited:

MaaS

Reaction score
In week 4 and 5 of last year, Trubisky had 10 TDs 1 INT and threw for 670 yards.

It's been two games. Guys(/teams) just get hot sometimes. I like Dak but this is crazy.

Proof

Reaction score
There was no Zeke in 2015, but most of the other players were there. I find it hard to believe that one player can explain a turnaround from 4-12 to 13-3. Zeke was instrumental in our turnaround from 4-12 to 13-3, but let's not pretend that we had a huge roster upgrade from 2015 to 2016 that allowed Dak to go 13-3. Dak had to do a lot of the work himself to allow us to go 13-3.

There were lots of games that we won in 2016 it was primarily because of Zeke, I fully admit. (Cincinnati, San Francisco, Chicago, 2nd Commanders, Tampa Bay), but it was because Zeke was so successful, Dak simply wasn't needed and wasn't asked to do a lot. But there were also games that it was more because of Dak we won than Zeke - because he delivers in prime moments and he had a big passing day (the Packers, Ravens, Steelers, Eagles, and the 1st Commanders game). And when we were down 21-3 against the Packers in the playoffs, it certainly looked like it was Dak who was the one primarily responsible for engineering the fierce comeback.

You also have to realize that Mahomes walked onto a team that had 5 straight winning seasons averaging an 11-5 record per year. Dak inherited a franchise that had gone 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 8-8, and 4-12 to start the decade with only that one great year 2014. And since he's been here, we've never had a year worse than any of those years we had to start the decade. (That 2014 year the sole exception)

I think Mahomes had too many weapons that the loss Kareem Hunt is equivalent to the Cowboys loss of Michael Gallup for a few weeks. Does anyone think we'll start going on a losing streak just because of the loss of Gallup? I hardly think Hunt is a monumental loss. As far as Tyreek Hill is concerned, I think KC also added LeSean McCoy (maybe not quite the stud he used to be). Tyreek Hill has also been injured only 2 weeks so not enough sample size to make any conclusions yet. I think it's too premature to state that Cobb, Gallup, and Cooper are the best receiving tandem we've ever had since all 3 came after 2018. It is a great receiving group no doubt though, but I still think the Chiefs are more loaded.

You can't point to 3 games in 2017 (Chargers, Falcons, and the Eagles) to make conclusions about Dak crapping the bed because of the loss of Zeke. Chaz Green gave up like 8 sacks against Atlanta. Dak was terrible against the Chargers and the Eagles in 2017 I agree, but those teams were far stronger than anyone Mahomes has faced without Hill. The Jaguars and the Raiders? Dak would've beat them any year since he's been here.

There's no doubt at this point that Mahomes is a premiere QB, but it's not hard to see that someone could find what Dak did to be even more impressive considering what he inherited vs what Mahomes did. Also, Dak has witnessed huge changes in the receiving corp since he's been here, and we've also had injuries and changes to the offensive line. Mahomes' receiving corps has not been totally revamped like Dak's had going from 2017 to 2018 and he certainly hasn't had as many offensive line changes. C'mon now. It's clear to me that Dak has had to deal with far more roster revamping overall than Mahomes has had.

Again, what Mahomes has done is terrific, but I truly think what Dak has done is even more worthy of praise given the separate situations and conditions.

I appreciate the thoughtful response, but my post was in direct response to the poster who named “top TE, 2 number 1 wrs and top rb”.
The fact is that mahomes hasn’t had that full compliment of weapons very often. Hunt played 11 of his 19 games. Sammy Watkins (A very tenuous claim to being a number 1 who didn’t look like one with Goff and McVay) for 12, Tyreek is now out, and this guy keeps humming. The players are entirely interchangeable, save Kelce, because Mahomes is that good. You can just plug guys in and the results are the same, see Watkins, Mecole, Robinson, Damien Williams etc.

Also, outside of Eric Fisher can you name another member of the Chiefs O-line? It’s not remotely comparable

And using the 2013 teams and prior is disingenuous at best, daks team was the direct successor to the 2014 team with basically the only turnover being replacing Demarco with Zeke and Leary with Lael. Dak is awesome, and his success speaks for itself, but we’ve seen him struggle mightily when he loses a key piece. To this point Mahomes does not and is much. Much more impressive, and he doesn’t get a boost from adding pieces, they do.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Hunt was gone he still had weapons. Hill, Travis and Watkins. Your post proves my point. Some keep saying that Mahomes could still win games without weapons, y'all don't know that because he hasn't had to play without weapons.

Dak got a legit number 1 receiver and was top 3-5 in almost every passing stat out there.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I appreciate the thoughtful response, but my post was in direct response to the poster who named “top TE, 2 number 1 wrs and top rb”.
The fact is that mahomes hasn’t had that full compliment of weapons very often. Hunt played 11 of his 19 games. Sammy Watkins (A very tenuous claim to being a number 1 who didn’t look like one with Goff and McVay) for 12, Tyreek is now out, and this guy keeps humming. The players are entirely interchangeable, save Kelce, because Mahomes is that good. You can just plug guys in and the results are the same, see Watkins, Mecole, Robinson, Damien Williams etc.

Also, outside of Eric Fisher can you name another member of the Chiefs O-line? It’s not remotely comparable

And using the 2013 teams and prior is disingenuous at best, daks team was the direct successor to the 2014 team with basically the only turnover being replacing Demarco with Zeke and Leary with Lael. Dak is awesome, and his success speaks for itself, but we’ve seen him struggle mightily when he loses a key piece. To this point Mahomes does not and is much. Much more impressive, and he doesn’t get a boost from adding pieces, they do.

No worries, I'm always up for a discussion. I find this Mahomes vs Dak debate very disheartening. Not referring to you specifically, just in general on this thread, it always ends up being "Who betta?" "Would you trade Dak for Mahomes?" And "LOL..... You crazy" and a bunch of name-calling. I'm happy with the QB that we have right now, and I'm not gonna change him for anyone. He has done nothing but amazing things since he's been here. Maybe Mahomes is the better QB, but I'm not gonna trade him for Dak even if he is better. There are reasons beyond just who betta? that I would keep Dak. And I don't think Jerry would even think about trading Dak.

Like I said, I never viewed Hunt as a big loss in 2018 when Mahomes still had Kelce, Hill, and Watkins. In 2018 other than Cooper, Dak didn't have any weapons as good as any of those. And in 2017, forget it. Dez was not the same receiver anymore and Witten might've been a red zone target and a weapon over-the-middle, but he wasn't gonna flip scripts or anything. If you compare the weapons of Dak in 2017 vs Mahomes in 2018, it's a laughing stock. It's not even close.

Watkins is on pace to have a breakout year. I think he's gonna be a Pro-Bowler this year. His tape is phenomenal, this guy looks like a machine sometimes. I definitely count him as a quality weapon. It's true that we have a more talented offensive line than the Chiefs, but their O-Line is far from bad. They don't give up a whole bunch of sacks like ours 58 given up in 2018. Again, I agree that we have the more talented O-Line, but maybe the Chiefs have better stability and a better functioning unit prior to this year.

And my point about 2013 and before is that given the Chiefs most recent history of being such a winning franchise, it's not hard to see why Mahomes is simply continuing the lineage. There must be something about that franchise that clicks that make it easier for a smooth transition, where ours is a big question mark, often struggling to click for a decade now, and.... now it seems to click. So that's why I'm wondering how big of an impact Dak truly plays in all this.

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Also you're wrong about the other QBs in 15 had McFadden. He was the number 4 rusher in the league and as a collective the running game in 15 had 30 yards less than Zeke in 16. Running game wasn't the issue it was QB play. You don't go from winning 1 game to 13 games just because you changed the RB who got 30 more yards. It's laughable how incredibly stupid you guys are for hating on Dak and pumping other QBs up with more help.