Dak is the best QB the NFL has ever seen

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dak has thrown into double coverage multiple occasions one on the INT in the end zone against the Eagles. He's thrown the ball up for grabs over the middle under pressure which is even more concerning. These are just facts that anyone who is objectively STUDING the game film will see. And believe me the coaching staff and team vets are well aware. That's one reason you saw the coaching staff dial back the offense against the struggling Browns so Dak could regain come confidence. Dak has thrown passes that often lead to INTs his 7:1 TD to INT ratio will not hold up over time and is more a reflection of the weaker schedule we are playing. A 3:1 TD to INT ratio is a very good NFL ratio few players attain to it. 7:1 is unheard of and not realistic going forward.
I'd like to you list how many times Dak's just thrown the ball over the middle with no one there, and then I'd like for you to take Romo's game, and tell me what he does badly? I'm sure you'll come out being a fan of Dak Prescott, but it already sounds like you'd like 20 more years of failure.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
And let me add this about Dak, since most people think he just fell out of the sky. From day one at his high school until Now, Dak has gotten progressively better. Can you imagine how this guy will be in three years? We are looking at a generational talent, and Romo homers are hanging on for dear life.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
One last thing about the #1 ranking. Do you know how many colleges are in the world? Literally thousands. To be #1 in the Country is unbelievable. So out of 32 NFL teams, we're now ranked #1.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I just want folks to see what we're dealing with here. Prescott took a sorry Mississippi State team to the number 1 rank, so now he has a good Cowboys team, think about that for a second. This guy isn't just accidentally doing this guys, this is his mantra. And even he said it, he feels he was destined to be a Dallas Cowboys.

For those holding out on Prescott, it's not going to get too much worse than what you've seen. He's also durable, played 11/13/13 games in College. He's pretty much built like a tank and doesn't take unnecessary hits. Yeah, he'll take a sack, not many, but he thinks about living another play. He doesn't take unnecessary passes, yet still gets his team into the end zone.

Because he doesn't sling the ball all over the place, people are offended with that. He's smart with the football, and smart will take us places we've not seen in decades.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And let me add this about Dak, since most people think he just fell out of the sky. From day one at his high school until Now, Dak has gotten progressively better. Can you imagine how this guy will be in three years? We are looking at a generational talent, and Romo homers are hanging on for dear life.

It's not that we're holding on for dear life.

Like you said.. In 3 years Dak is going to be amazing..

Right now though.. I have no doubt Tony Romo is better than Dak Prescott.

Romo will not miss open WR's.

As good as we are running the ball I still feel that defenses are getting away with cheating against the run more than they should.

Dak's a stud. He's going to be really good. He is really good. But I don't think this offense or team takes any kind of step back with Romo in the lineup.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Romo is still the better QB. I'd rather him get a chance to show that he isn't that guy anymore rather than just guessing. If Romo is still able to play at the level he did in 2014 then we are undefeated at this point and a real Super Bowl contender. If he goes out and plays terribly then you bench him. If he goes out and gets hurt then the discussion is over. If he goes out and takes us to a Super Bowl then we all win.

Romotil45

Reaction score
I'd like to you list how many times Dak's just thrown the ball over the middle with no one there, and then I'd like for you to take Romo's game, and tell me what he does badly? I'm sure you'll come out being a fan of Dak Prescott, but it already sounds like you'd like 20 more years of failure.

I am a fan of Dak but he's just not the caliber of Romo just yet. If you want to come over I'll break down the game film for you n show you that Dak has indeed thrown into double coverage multiple occasions and thrown the ball up for grabs over the middle which of course is more concerning. But that's just rookie mistakes and to be expected. What does Romo do badly ? Romo has a tendency to be too aggressive in one on matchups in tight coverage on the outside where he may or may not have a matchup advantage although this is a hallmark of prolific passers that attack the field vertically often. He successfully dialed that back in 2014 and showed his maturation and the ability to dial it down n be a manager when need be. Guys like Breeze n Romo who attack the field vertically often have lower than 2.2 to one TD to INT ratio. I would prefer Romo be a little more conservative with this running game n dial it back to a 3:1 ratio which has been the hallmark of Rogers when he's playing well.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am a fan of Dak but he's just not the caliber of Romo just yet. If you want to come over I'll break down the game film for you n show you that Dak has indeed thrown into double coverage multiple occasions and thrown the ball up for grabs over the middle which of course is more concerning. But that's just rookie mistakes and to be expected. What does Romo do badly ? Romo has a tendency to be too aggressive in one on matchups in tight coverage on the outside where he may or may not have a matchup advantage although this is a hallmark of prolific passers that attack the field vertically often. He successfully dialed that back in 2014 and showed his maturation and the ability to dial it down n be a manager when need be. Guys like Breeze n Romo who attack the field vertically often have lower than 2.2 to one TD to INT ratio. I would prefer Romo be a little more conservative with this running game n dial it back to a 3:1 ratio which has been the hallmark of Rogers when he's playing well.
Downright excellent stuff! This is how one presents proper criticism.

:clap:

CowboysRule

Reaction score
We have the #3 offense in the NFL and the #20 ranked passing attack. Is Dak really the main reason for this winning streak?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I think we all know what Romo is about. Now I will say that the one year in which all Tony Romo fans point to is 2014 as if they've forgotten the other 10 years he's been here, they still go to 2014. Why? Because that's their only fight. They don't remember 2015 when he was dreadful, and back to his intercepting ways.

With all the success he had in 2014, it still came down to dumb decisions in the playoffs. This is where Dak will shine. He won't make stupid decisions in the playoffs. The other day on 3rd and short, he went for it all and it paid off with a touch down to Dez Bryant. But I'm willing to bet that if it were 4th and short, he would have gone for the first down instead. These are things I'm talking about. You don't take a bad defense and mediocre offense to the #1 ranking in college by making stupid decisions.

There are a million routes open in the NFL, and the reason there are so many interceptions is because guys are just looking for the big play all of the time, instead of the play that's going to move their team down the field. There are times to make the HUGE play, but most of the time, it's just not there. It's risk reward, and I'll take the guy who is smarter than the riskier guy. You play around with these professional defenses, you'll end up right at home watching the Super Bowl again.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We have the #3 offense in the NFL and the #20 ranked passing attack. Is Dak really the main reason for this winning streak?
His defenses were last in the sec in 2014 when they were ranked #1 in the league. Defenses mean nothing to Dak.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He's probably the best 4th round rookie game manager to come along since Kyle Orton.

Kyle Orton? That Bears team in 2005 was a top defensive unit while they did win they played a lot of low scoring games and Orton was not managing well considering he threw 13 ints to only 9 TD's. Orton threw over 200 yards in only 2 games that season and was completing 51% of his passes. Heck their RB Thomas Jones was their offense.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
His defenses were last in the sec in 2014 when they were ranked #1 in the league. Defenses mean nothing to Dak.
That was in no way related to what I posted.

And people point to 2014 because that was when we had a running game relative to what we have now. Romo should likely be in the HOF. You don't get there by only putting up one good season.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He was a stud.
I DO think he carried those teams as best he could.
But the legend has taken on a new life.

Miss St never finished #1 in the SEC
  • 8th in the SEC his senior year
  • Tied for 3rd in the SEC in 2014 (the team had a bunch of NFL players that year, btw)
  • Tied for 9th in the SEC in 2013
Miss State finished the season one time ranked in the top 25 in Dak's career.
That team had several layers drafted in the NFL.
Instead, MSU was mostly lower tier in their own conference.

Not Dak's fault...just further prove that it's a team sport.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No but I am quite impressed by him. Think he has a shot to be a future HoFer but that's a career away at this moment in time.

EDIT: No one would question the HoF if I were talking Zeke. It seems that people hang on to the draft position way too long. The draft is over. Just like Tony Romo and Tom Brady, occasionally, the scouts miss wildly.

Yeah, no. At this point in either players career, it is just crazy to be talking about HOF or the best at their respective anything. Neither player is the best there is at this point. Perhaps in the future but not now.

rwalters31

Reaction score
He had one of the most iconic receiving cores in history, and Barber. I don't know how much better you can have it.
You must have miss all those times him playing Houdini when his offensive line looked more like a strainer than an OL during pass protect. Romo was the Superman that carried his team on his shoulders. As for the receivers they where not that good it was Romo who made them look good.