Dak is the best QB the NFL has ever seen

Romotil45

Reaction score
He babsolutely most certainly was a game manager in 2014. The similarities between Romo's 2014 season and Dak's performance this year are striking. Both had an absolute stud of a RB that kept the pressure off the QB. Both had only 1 or 2 games where he had to take the team on his back - Dak against Philly, and Romo against Detroit in the playoffs, for his instance. Aside from those games, their respective running games made it possible to lead the offense with a "low risk" attack.

You act like being a "game manager" is a bad thing.

Dak was the reason we were in a hole in Phili to begin with not a very good game for him at all he basically disappeared for 3 quarters that's not a good example of putting the team on his back. Daks simply not ready to put a team on his back and carry a team as Romo has done often in the regular season. If we had the poor OL and poor running game that Romo delt with for most of his career Dak would most definitely be struggling right now but any rookie would.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Dak was the reason we were in a hole in Phili to begin with not a very good game for him at all he basically disappeared for 3 quarters that's not a good example of putting the team on his back. Daks simply not ready to put a team on his back and carry a team as Romo has done often in the regular season. If we had the poor OL and poor running game that Romo delt with for most of his career Dak would most definitely be struggling right now but any rookie would.

lol. Pretty sure Romo in his rookie season played a bunch of quarters in a game where he disappeared.

Romotil45

Reaction score
lol. Pretty sure Romo in his rookie season played a bunch of quarters in a game where he disappeared.

Romo didn't have a league leading OL and rushing attack like we do now when he took over full time in 07. And by then he had 2 years experience as a back-up a luxury Daks not been blessed with this season. It's difficult to compare apples to oranges. My only point being I'm all for being cautiously optimistic about Daks future but he is not what many here think he is, not YET. Which is why many will be dismayed and disappointed when Romo returns.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Romo didn't have a league leading OL and rushing attack like we do now when he took over full time in 07. And by then he had 2 years experience as a back-up a luxury Daks not been blessed with this season. It's difficult to compare apples to oranges. My only point being I'm all for being cautiously optimistic about Daks future but he is not what many here think he is, not YET. Which is why many will be dismayed and disappointed when Romo returns.

In 2006, Romo had Julius Jones and Marion Barber at RB. He had Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn, Patrick Crayton, Jason Witten at receiver. Pretty sure those guys were effective behind the OL they had. Again, he had quarters just as bad as Prescott. When Romo returns? Jerry doesn't even know if that will happen. Until he does, Dak is the qb. And we have won 8 in a row. Something Romo never did in his career.

Last edited:

Romotil45

Reaction score
Romo had Julius Jones and Marion Barber at RB. He had Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn, Patrick Crayton, Jason Witten at receiver. Pretty sure those guys were effective behind the OL they had. Again, he had quarters just as bad as Prescott. When Romo returns? Jerry doesn't even know if that will happen. Until he does, Dak is the qb. And we have won 8 in a row. Something Romo never did in his career.

Jerry has said all along this was Romos team Jerry n Jason have not faltered. Our ability to continue to win has given us the luxury to push his return back to limit his exposure to injury thus " the hot hand " moniker. You are being duped my the mediots in thier quest for ratings and advertising profits. Like most casual fans you bought in to the idea that as a first year rookie Dak is a Romo caliber player. That simply is not the case due to EXPERIENCE.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Well that's another false statement. He's as mistake prone as Montana and Young, almost dead even as a matter of fact and Marino, Elway, Staubach and Aikman were all more mistake prone than Romo.
These are guys who actually made it to the Super Bowl. Call me when/if Romo makes it.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Jerry has said all along this was Romos team Jerry n Jason have not faltered. Our ability to continue to win has given us the luxury to push his return back to limit his exposure to injury thus " the hot hand " moniker. You are being duped my the mediots in thier quest for ratings and advertising profits. Like most casual fans you bought in to the idea that as a first year rookie Dak is a Romo caliber player. That simply is not the case due to EXPERIENCE.

Dak has to have a complete meltdown where we are blown out, and lose 2-3 games (in a row). And the team has no more confidence in him to win games. If you think that is happenin with our remaining schedulte, keep dreaming.

Ya, I am a casual fan. A so called casual fan that has been following the Boys since the 1970s. I said we have won 8 in a row, something Romo NEVER did in his career. That simply is the case.

Last edited:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

Wow ........ talk about denial.

Romo will be Daks backup next week.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It can't be underestimated how he carried a very average Miss. St. team to national prominence. He was almost always outmanned and now he isn't. It must seem easier to him.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
He is the complete package. He is basically a Tom Brady that is more durable and more mobile. Not to mention his leadership and intangibles he brings to the table.

This is by no means an accident or some fluke. When you see how he makes everything look so effortless, it is because it is all routine to him at this point and he is extremely intelligent.

Can he improve? Absolutely! But, what we are witnessing is the beginning of greatness. Enjoy the ride!
oh i don't mind enjoying the ride, but i'll wait til he gets where ever he's going before i say he got there. :)

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Sorry I commented on this thread before reading a lot of it.
Twice

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
He's simply not a prolific passer YET. He often reverts to poor mechanics n poor footwork. He throws the ball up on occasion in the middle of the field under pressure. He will occasionally when he gets confused with the defensive look throw into double coverage. But that's what Rookies do its not a knock on him that Romo with his experience is better it is to be expected.
Dak does not throw into double coverage my man, he rarely does it unlike MOST QBs. This is why he only has 2 INTs. He doesn't just throw the ball up in the middle of the field eitiher, are you just making things up, or are you taking 2 or 3 examples and ballooning them?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Dak does not throw into double coverage my man, he rarely does it unlike MOST QBs. This is why he only has 2 INTs. He doesn't just throw the ball up in the middle of the field eitiher, are you just making things up, or are you taking 2 or 3 examples and ballooning them?

He's doing the Floaty thing. Bashing the starting qb, praying for injury, blowouts, anything to get his mancrush back in the lineup.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Romo was better because for years he played without having a OL, and other players and still won games. Dak fell into a QB's dream with a great OL and the best RB to help a young QB. So far he has played within a very good system and he has looked good. If he had landed on a poor team he would be looking bad and running a lot and getting hurt. So, no he is not the best QB ever, but he may grow into one.
I wonder what it would be like to play with future HOFr Terrell Owens/Terry Glenn & Barber. I think he would be iconic.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
He had one of the most iconic receiving cores in history, and Barber. I don't know how much better you can have it.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
If you call what Dak did in come from behind situations against Philly and Pittsburgh, game managing you might want to take your blinders off. Dak is on pace for over 4000 yards. He's already passed for more yards and TD's in 9 games than Kyle Orton did his entire rookie season. Orton passed for less than 1900 yards and 9 TD's as a rookie and completed less than 52% of his passes and you're comparing Dak to him? :laugh:

:hammer::bow:

Romotil45

Reaction score

Dak has thrown into double coverage multiple occasions one on the INT in the end zone against the Eagles. He's thrown the ball up for grabs over the middle under pressure which is even more concerning. These are just facts that anyone who is objectively STUDING the game film will see. And believe me the coaching staff and team vets are well aware. That's one reason you saw the coaching staff dial back the offense against the struggling Browns so Dak could regain come confidence. Dak has thrown passes that often lead to INTs his 7:1 TD to INT ratio will not hold up over time and is more a reflection of the weaker schedule we are playing. A 3:1 TD to INT ratio is a very good NFL ratio few players attain to it. 7:1 is unheard of and not realistic going forward.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I wonder what it would be like to play with future HOFr Terrell Owens/Terry Glenn & Barber. I think he would be iconic.
Are you referring to 2007? No denying that was good team.
But the WRs were Owens and Patrick Crayton...and Owens was hurt in the playoffs.
Barber was a good back....nothing in the galaxy of Elliott, but yes, he was good.

But that WAS a very good team.

----
Oh, I see, you were referring to 2006.
Got it
Yeah, both Glenn (who was at the end of career)and Owens had 1000 yard receiving seasons. only only played 10 games. So they were used pretty well.
Barber was not getting to playing that much yet (135 carries).
That overall team was nearly as good as the 2007 bunch though.

Dak would do well with either group

Last edited:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Seriously, guys putting Dak Prescott down need to realize something. Dak took a mediocre team in Mississippi State to the #1 ranking in ALL OF COLLEGE football for weeks. How do you do this? You do this by playing first class football and putting a team on your back. This is nothing new for Dak folks. In his Senior year, he had nearly 4k yards with only 5 INTs. He holds 38 school records.

You don't come from a history of winning for nothing. He was also listed at 6'3 coming out of high school, I think he's closer to that personally.