Dak is the best QB the NFL has ever seen

plymkr

Reaction score
What do y'all think of my new watch face? I'm all in..lol

txR8SMZ.jpg
That's awesome dude, really cool. I want one

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I see posts on opposing message boards abt how delusional Cowboys fans are and coming here and reading some of the cooky stuff posted makes me smdh. Every fan base is delusional but Dayum put a little thought into ur post. Dak doesn't walk on water and Zeke hasn't either and neither will. They have been very very special players through NINE games, let's wait and see what happens before we anoint them with best anything.

plymkr

Reaction score
He is the complete package. He is basically a Tom Brady that is more durable and more mobile. Not to mention his leadership and intangibles he brings to the table.

This is by no means an accident or some fluke. When you see how he makes everything look so effortless, it is because it is all routine to him at this point and he is extremely intelligent.

Can he improve? Absolutely! But, what we are witnessing is the beginning of greatness. Enjoy the ride!
Okay normally me and Gabe don't see eye to eye on things. In fact there's been times this year that I thought he only existed to argue with me. But I think the man has something here. Gabe said Dak is the best QB the NFL has ever seen and cited his intangibles and durability. Take out durability because that's hard to say he's durable when he's only played 9 games. So far he's been durable. Also I think the comparison to RG3 is inappropriate because RG3 never really was a fundamentally sound QB. He ran a lot and is an awesome athlete but as a QB he didn't win a lot with his arm. RG3 won a lot with his legs and athleticism.

I am backing Gabe up on this one with one caveat. The caveat being to be the greatest you have to be great for several years. Like I can't say Zeke is better than Emmitt, or Murray is better than Emmitt because Emmitt was great for a decade and some change. But right now there are a lot of people talking about Dak being the MVP and he's a rookie. So if he is playing at an MVP level in his rookie year then yes there is a chance he could be the greatest of all time. You got to think with experience will come more improvement in reading defenses, mastering the offense, getting more fundamentally sound with his footwork. Dak is at the basement of his talent with being a rookie. He's still learning and when he has a bad game he still wins the game. So if his basement season is this season and he improves every year then yes there is a chance, like Gabe said, that we are witnessing a legend being born.

I'm a Romo homer and all but talk about exciting, I'm enjoying the heck out of this year and I'm excited as all get out. Number 1 record in the league, 8 game win streak, 2 out of the last 3 games Dak has lead us on game winning drives against good teams. If this is the kid's rookie year and he continues to improve. Man, watch out. We could be witnessing a Brady Belicheck run, minus the cheating. I never, ever thought I would say that about Garrett. But I feel Gabe is right, we are witnessing a legend being born and I'm having fun with it and hope you guys are too.

plymkr

Reaction score
More durable than Brady

Man, brady is always getting hurt

That knee injury 47 years ago sure is lingering
Ok, that 47 year old knee injury line was pretty funny. Good one, I mean I really laughed out loud, not the normal Lol you give someone when they at best make you smile.

Reactions: JBS

rpntex

Reaction score
You tell me to turn down my rhetoric yet you keep doing it when you call Dak a game manager, it's an insult and it's untrue. It's a small correction but you still haven't corrected what I told you Dak has 4 rushing TDs not 2 bringing his total TDs to 18, that's 2 per game. In Romo's 2014 year which was his best year he threw for 34 TDs and ran for 0 which is 2.12 per game, that's only a .12 difference, was Romo a game manager? If you take into account interceptions Romo threw for 9 which is a little more than one every other game Dak has thrown for 2 all season which is on pace for 3 or 4 for the year, and it's not a fluke Dak did the same thing in college he just doesn't throw many Ints. So at worst Dak is playing about the same level as Romo's best season at best if you include the interception argument you could say better.

He babsolutely most certainly was a game manager in 2014. The similarities between Romo's 2014 season and Dak's performance this year are striking. Both had an absolute stud of a RB that kept the pressure off the QB. Both had only 1 or 2 games where he had to take the team on his back - Dak against Philly, and Romo against Detroit in the playoffs, for his instance. Aside from those games, their respective running games made it possible to lead the offense with a "low risk" attack.

You act like being a "game manager" is a bad thing.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I'd rather not see the mistake prong Tony Romo in the playoffs at all.

Well that's another false statement. He's as mistake prone as Montana and Young, almost dead even as a matter of fact and Marino, Elway, Staubach and Aikman were all more mistake prone than Romo.

It's analytics - pure facts, not perception, agenda, or emotion, but most of all just common sense, that's why virtually every post is tiresome and boring. We all know where you stand, and outside of about ten others it's just ridicules and I am tired for being right all the time.

So here's a suggestion for both of us - unless we play better than yesterday on defense we have zero shot to win a SB with Dak or Romo so you better start focusing your attention away from the offense and start talking about the defense for once because that's what you should be worried about.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He's probably the best 4th round rookie game manager to come along since Kyle Orton.

If you call what Dak did in come from behind situations against Philly and Pittsburgh, game managing you might want to take your blinders off. Dak is on pace for over 4000 yards. He's already passed for more yards and TD's in 9 games than Kyle Orton did his entire rookie season. Orton passed for less than 1900 yards and 9 TD's as a rookie and completed less than 52% of his passes and you're comparing Dak to him? :laugh:

rwalters31

Reaction score
He is the complete package. He is basically a Tom Brady that is more durable and more mobile. Not to mention his leadership and intangibles he brings to the table.

This is by no means an accident or some fluke. When you see how he makes everything look so effortless, it is because it is all routine to him at this point and he is extremely intelligent.

Can he improve? Absolutely! But, what we are witnessing is the beginning of greatness. Enjoy the ride!
Romo was better because for years he played without having a OL, and other players and still won games. Dak fell into a QB's dream with a great OL and the best RB to help a young QB. So far he has played within a very good system and he has looked good. If he had landed on a poor team he would be looking bad and running a lot and getting hurt. So, no he is not the best QB ever, but he may grow into one.

haleyrules

Reaction score
lol. Gabe is at it again. Got to love him! Prescott maybe Great. He certainly qualifies has the greatest young kid coming out of College and stepping straight into the starting QB role on the high profile..high pressure Dallas Cowboys. Sometimes l really can not believe what my eyes are telling me...this has been so long coming.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Seems to me that the OP is somewhat premature in claiming the Dak is "the best QB the NFL has ever seen." Sure, he might possibly be the best rookie QB, statistically, to ever come along. However, when it comes to being the best QB in general, the proof of that will be forthcoming in the many years of performance that he has yet to provide. Not saying he will or won't but it's certainly not beyond belief that he'd be capable of competing with the best of them when all is said and done. Gotta give it time, though . . . ;)

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
He babsolutely most certainly was a game manager in 2014. The similarities between Romo's 2014 season and Dak's performance this year are striking. Both had an absolute stud of a RB that kept the pressure off the QB. Both had only 1 or 2 games where he had to take the team on his back - Dak against Philly, and Romo against Detroit in the playoffs, for his instance. Aside from those games, their respective running games made it possible to lead the offense with a "low risk" attack.

You act like being a "game manager" is a bad thing.
which I had been saying for years. Romo needed a good running game in order for the Cowboys to get to the next level. Romo was good enough to get us to 8-8 but not more. And the pressure on him on those NFC East title games was just too much. It's too bad that Jerry waited so long to fix the OL and get Romo a solid RB to help him.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Seems to me that the OP is somewhat premature in claiming the Dak is "the best QB the NFL has ever seen." Sure, he might possibly be the best rookie QB, statistically, to ever come along. However, when it comes to being the best QB in general, the proof of that will be forthcoming in the many years of performance that he has yet to provide. Not saying he will or won't but it's certainly not beyond belief that he'd be capable of competing with the best of them when all is said and done. Gotta give it time, though . . . ;)
Ole Gabe is just having some fun...and maybe baiting the Tony lovers...just a little.;).

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Interesting. Who were the others? I can not think of any that didn't have a few years on the bench to learn?
I can't really think of one. I know Brady was a 6th rounder but he didn't play his rookie year. Probably the closest to him was Russell Wilson who did lead the Seahawks to the playoffs his first year as a rookie but he was a 3rd rounder .

Romotil45

Reaction score
To me, the dink and dunk argument was proven defunct about a month ago. Check any number of the metrics that are posted on here on a near daily basis, and Dak ranks nowhere among the dink-and-dunk passers. If he's a dink-and-dunker, there are about 28 dink-and-dunk QBs in the game right now.

And I absolutely disagree about only having the passing ability when given all day to throw. The 50-yard TD pass to Dez, for instance, required terrific footwork and presence in the pocket to sidestep the rusher and deliver a dime for the go-ahead score. It was far from a clean pocket. And what about the 3rd down completion to Witten late in the 4th quarter. He looked Romo-esque in terms of the ball placement to Witten as he comes out of his route.

It's not Daks armstrength that make him a dink n dunk guy right now it's his lack of experience reading complex NFL defenses. Alot of college teams throw deep balls often look at Baylor for example RG3 threw alot of deep balls. Armstrength is not the issue. It's risk. He has the armstrength. A simplified playbook and simplified reads along with short to short intermediate routes have been the staple of our passing game sprinkled with few deep balls and medium intermediate routes. Which is exactly what you want out of rookie. A few more years experience n they will take the training wheels off his tricycle.