Dak is the MVP case closed

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I don't agree that the MVP is a participation trophy. Nor do I believe winning it diminishes one's teammates. Somebody is the most valuable. Just like somebody is player of the year. It's cool.. Every team votes on their OWN MVP in house. Teammates know who is the most valuable guy on their team. Nobody takes offense to it believe me. All that said I'm sure Dak Prescott could care less about the MVP voting. His eyes are squarely on the actual prize.
Dak, Dak he's the man, if nobody can do it...Dak can.

Reaction score
Dak would've been the MVP easily if he didn't fail so hard against Arizona, San Fran, and the Bills. If Dak plays those games like the first Eagles game (even if we lose) he probably STILL is easily MVP.

While Lamar ended the season putting on a clinic against San Fran (at San Fran) and against the Dolphins.

It's more than just stats.
Dak needs to start out better.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Quite.

By way of comparison Prescott was 5 touchdowns and 4 picks in those games...5 TDs and 5 picks if including the Bills :facepalm:
It's fascinating to me how hard people try to make it so the only games that matter are the games the Cowboys lose. Dak played 7 games against playoff teams.. In those 7 games he had 14 TDs and 6 INTs in those games. And three of those INTs came in the 4th quarter of the 49er game after they had fallen behind by three scores and were in desperation mode. The Cowboys went 3-4 in those 7 games.. But in one of the losses Dak had 374 yards 3 TDs and 0 turnovers.. But HE is to blame for the loss? In the Miami loss he handed the defense a lead to protect with 3 minutes left.. They didn't. Dak's passer rating in those two losses were 115.2 and 107.9 .. He had 627 yards, 5 TDs and no turnovers in the two games. But we blame him for the losses. Chew on that for a minute.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's fascinating to me how hard people try to make it so the only games that matter are the games the Cowboys lose. Dak played 7 games against playoff teams.. In those 7 games he had 14 TDs and 6 INTs in those games. And three of those INTs came in the 4th quarter of the 49er game after they had fallen behind by three scores and were in desperation mode. The Cowboys went 3-4 in those 7 games.. But in one of the losses Dak had 374 yards 3 TDs and 0 turnovers.. But HE is to blame for the loss? In the Miami loss he handed the defense a lead to protect with 3 minutes left.. They didn't. Dak's passer rating in those two losses were 115.2 and 107.9 .. He had 627 yards, 5 TDs and no turnovers in the two games. But we blame him for the losses. Chew on that for a minute.
It's the still-butthurt Romo fanatics who hate Dak.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dak haters have the most ridiculous takes. It's beyond pathetic at this point.
It's not a ridiculous take at all. You're one of the ones beating this 'team' drum, but rarely put any blame on Dak for losses. You certainly want to give him all the credit for wins, though. It is what it is, I suppose.

Lets revisit the 92 yard TD pass in the Detroit game. All I heard for a week straight was Dak getting credit for the play with no mention of the player who caught the ball. Dak didn't throw it to himself, but that's not how the play was portrayed on CZ. 'What an awesome play BY DAK"...... Hello, CeeDee took part in that play too. And by the way, the defender falling down also helped.

My point is the whole 'team' concept goes both ways. I'm sure you know this, but you are so hell bent on defending everything Dak you lose focus.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's not a ridiculous take at all. You're one of the ones beating this 'team' drum, but rarely put any blame on Dak for losses. You certainly want to give him all the credit for wins, though. It is what it is, I suppose.

Lets revisit the 92 yard TD pass in the Detroit game. All I heard for a week straight was Dak getting credit for the play with no mention of the player who caught the ball. Dak didn't throw it to himself, but that's not how the play was portrayed on CZ. 'What an awesome play BY DAK"...... Hello, CeeDee took part in that play too. And by the way, the defender falling down also helped.

My point is the whole 'team' concept goes both ways. I'm sure you know this, but you are so hell bent on defending everything Dak you lose focus.
Looks who's talking? The one who can't give Dak credit for anything good around here. Pfft!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Why bother with that person. She is so in love with Dak that it is beyond pathetic.

TheHerd

Reaction score
He’s going to make less money than Dak Prescott…
This isn’t a for or against Dak comment, but basically every reasonably good QB who signs become the highest paid, until the next round of contracts. It is the way of the QB world. Lamar signed and followed up with an MVP season - which is a little rare. He’s special

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dakkkkkkkkkkkkkk.............
green-mile-drool.gif

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im not sure about mvp...but im not ashamed to say most improved.
What? Says dak lovers. Hes always been this good. If ya think so fine.

But it aint just me that says he really got locked in mid season. He went beast mode. His down field passing became impossible. Passes up and out so a receiver can go up and get it instead of low or behind. Dimes in the endzone under heat.

We could ask ceedee and fergie. Maybe cooks too. They seem to be having a lot more fun.

Nav22

Reaction score
Purdy presided over a three game losing streak when he was without Deebo and Williams. And looked pretty pedestrian the whole time. He's not even the MVP of his own team.
That's cute.

Every QB struggled at times this season. How did Dak do in Arizona without 3 of his OL again?

The 49ers were 4-4 when Purdy took over last season, but somehow Shanahan's a wizard who can dominate with ANY QB.

I'm sorry that your Purdy takes have proven to be dead wrong. He finished #1 in QBR again, just like he was last year after he took over.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: