Video: Dak is the reason no signature

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I actually like the situation, its not like we have a young Mahomes just waiting on the sideline to step in.
I like the fact that Dak is really on a prove it deal, and I like the fact that this new staff has year to evaluate if Dak is really worth the franchise money.
What cant people like about that opportunity from both sides?
Guarantee you that we will see the very best that Dak can bring to the table, and if his best falls short with MM, than so be it, this team moves in a different direction.
Its not the end for Dak, and its not the end for this team and MM.
Totally agree, great deal all around in my opinion even for the fans

shabazz

Reaction score
I agree

But he'll still make way more money than the Cowboys offer if he hits free agency healthy. It's not a matter he deserves this vs that. It's a matter of NFL reality.

Some here said that we had no choice but to pay his ransom money via fat contract and that it was NFL reality.

They were wrong..".........dead wrong

shabazz

Reaction score
wut? I joined this site in Dec 2016.

It's indisputable if Dak makes it to free agency healthy, he will make more money than what the Cowboys just offered him.

The question is whether he should've just signed a "fair" deal now and eliminate the risk of Covid or getting injured. I would've signed the deal if I were him but if he wants to max his earnings, he probably did the right thing.

Respectfully disagree. When we see the all time low ratings from causes which I cannot mention, the cap may actually go down and Dakota won’t see more available money

Don’t underestimate the power of fans that will show disapproval with they wallets.

Hallelujah, holla back"..........and watch it unfold

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As of now, both Dak and the Cowboys got mostly what they bargained for!

Dak gets $31.4 mil and the Cowboys get to better see what Dak's made of.

If neither of them get exactly what they want in the end, both had their say!

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He hasn’t set them self up for failure. That’s a ridiculous statement don’t you think. Let’s see what happens before you even think about saying that
It's not hyperbole.

Bravado, yeah.

I just think he has set himself up for failure by continuing to bet that he will pull a rabbit out of his hat and that by holding out for more money and making it appear the team JUST misses coming to an agreement..

but becuz they ran out of time..they just missed agreeing.

This is ludicrous. They have had nearly 2 years to get this done.

he can move by move can squeeze what he wants out of the situation.

It's the turtle vs hare approach..slowly and subtly achieving his goal while making it look like it's the other parties fault it didn't happen..

or just a funny quirk they ran out of time..

Whatever.

Dak is playing a game with Jerrah, the ball club and trying to maintain control to get what he wants.

Reminds my of my ex-wife.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Problem is, he played himself.

He will expose himself this year, and live in regret when teams see this and only want his as a backup.

Teams aren't hurting for a starter. So he better ball out and take us deep in the playoffs. Or else he's looking at maybe 25 mil a year IF he's lucky from a hole in the wall team.

No more Cowboy commercials and endorsement money. You punk

:lmao:

#DontpayDak
You crazy with the hate, Im no Dak fan by no means, but you make me look like a Dak Slobberer... is that how you say it.. lol
Why so extreme,, Dak is not the franchise QB I want representing my Cowboys,, thats just me being the selfish self absorbed fan that I am, I can live with it and I can live with the abuse thrown my direction for saying it.
But that doesnt mean that Dak isnt a good QB, worthy of a starting role on some team in this league.
I just dont want him here,, Im getting older and championships are becoming distant memories, and Im becoming impatient these days,, it has started to affect my fishing,, we supposed to be patient..lol
Im a Cowboys fan and I demand the best dagnabit, and I want a championship and another trophy in the case!
Dak is no QB2 in this league, just in case you missed my point.

Last edited:

FVSTONE

Reaction score
JJ is PISSED over this contract deal. He put a fair and competitive offer on the table and Dak spit on it. If he would have signed the contract then it would of freed up a lot of money for the cap. Unfortunately, going forward there's not going to be a lot of cap space since the front office hasn't signed any of their drafts yet. I'm sure in a pinch Steven will come up with something, but there won't be a whole to get a new toy......

shabazz

Reaction score
Yes shabazz, they were, and all their heads hang in shame and discontent now.

Agree. So In the spirit of unity, let’s all unite. Hope Dakota can overcome real defenses, that the defense can get more 3 and outs and that the special teams can at least be average.

I don’t believe that a post prime Dalton is the answer but let him be the stop gap until we find the next BALLER at the Qb position

CWR

Reaction score
That’s all fine if you don’t want to sign him. But if you really want him you step up and over pay. It happens all the time.

Chiefs didn’t have to offer the kind of contract they did. Could have shaved it off a little still making it a deal he couldn’t refuse.

That’s what you have to do if you really want someone. Apparently we didn’t want Dak bad enough. And that’s fine. You move on.

I think the Chiefs got an excellent deal. The two existing years still count and he gets 63 million guaranteed, plus a huge injury guarantee. Still though its such a long term deal they can move money around with 10 years and still cut bait in the tail end of the contract if need be. Besides that the contract is so lengthy he will likely be a great value half way through it.

Most importantly Dak is not in Mahomes league at this point, and likely never will be. Dont get me wrong Dak is a nice qb, but Mahomes is special.

kskboys

Reaction score
wut? I joined this site in Dec 2016.

It's indisputable if Dak makes it to free agency healthy, he will make more money than what the Cowboys just offered him.

The question is whether he should've just signed a "fair" deal now and eliminate the risk of Covid or getting injured. I would've signed the deal if I were him but if he wants to max his earnings, he probably did the right thing.
I think you need to work on word definitions.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think the Chiefs got an excellent deal. The two existing years still count and he gets 63 million guaranteed, plus a huge injury guarantee. Still though its such a long term deal they can move money around with 10 years and still cut bait in the tail end of the contract if need be. Besides that the contract is so lengthy he will likely be a great value half way through it.

Most importantly Dak is not in Mahomes league at this point, and likely never will be. Dont get me wrong Dak is a nice qb, but Mahomes is special.
I agree Dak isn’t Mahommes. And Goff and Wentz weren’t Rodgers but they were paid near that .

Jackson and Watson next year will get ridiculous contracts prob close to 40 million or more. I’m not sure how much better passers they are than Dak.

QB salaries aren’t always related to their talent level. It’s about when they sign and market value.

Paying Dak 37 million might be high this year but when you consider his Tag next year will be that and these other QB’s will by most accounts be more it all becomes relative.

And when you consider as was reported we came back with an offer of 33-35 million we were only a couple million away from sealing the deal.

Now it’s going to be at least 37 million next year , probably more and why the criticism for not stepping up and sealing the deal this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
NFL's highest paid quarterbacks (average salary per year): 2019
  • 1. Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: $35 million
  • 2. Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger: $34 million
  • 3.Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: $33.5 million
  • 3. Rams QB Jared Goff: $33.5 million
  • 5. Eagles QB Carson Wentz: $32 million
  • 6. Falcons QB Matt Ryan: $30 million
  • 7. Vikings QB Kirk Cousins: $28 million
  • 8. Colts QB Jacoby Brissett: $27.98 million
  • 9. 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo: $27.5 million
  • 10. Lions QB Matthew Stafford: $27 million

• Does anyone remember when Stafford signed he was the highest paid. Too bad this doesn’t list what year these deals were done.

• I certainly don’t believe Wilson was the best QB when was the highest paid last year. The fact Goff and Wentz are top 5 a great illustration. Wasn’t Ryan the highest paid when he was signed. This top10 list will change next year too.

• By 2021 with new NFLPA bargaining agreement and 2023 expansion to 17 game season the Salary Cap is going to be largely expanded with additional revenue. 35 million prob won’t even be top 10.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I can't stand him. it's time to trade his *** on out of here. Get some guy in here wants to play instead of a guy who just wants to get paid.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Draft trey Lance, tag dak non exclusive , then trade
After watching Dak follow his agent like the Piied Piper..

do you really think any other team would trade for Dak knowing Dak will want a 3rd Tag possibly?

I would not but to even consider a trade I would insist Dak find a new agent.

Otherwise, we do not want the headache.

Flamma

Reaction score
Not again Red... negotiating in an open market to get the best deal you can is not greed it's called smart business! If by waiting Dak has a chance to make more money then who are we to call him greedy? Sure I can see how it looks that way to an average everyday Joe, but these guys play the game that is available to them and no one should fault them. Dak has no idea what other teams would offer him because he was tagged. By all accounts this was a smart business move by Dak, and for Colin or even you to sit around and point fingers calling him greedy is just being judgmental and the last time I checked the good lord gave us direct instructions to not take on this type of behavior...

What a lot of people fail to understand is that we don't know what Dak wants. He may not care what team he plays for or what weapons he has going forward. Would a WR want to play for the Chiefs or the Jags? Tell him how much he's making and you'll get your answer. It could be for an insignificant amount, and he'll tell you he loves the Jags organization and teammates. That's how most players are.

The only odd thing about this decision is the risk he's willing to take. An injury, even if it's only for 4 or 5 weeks, could derail his entire season. Like the other guy said, he could catch you know what and be out a minimum of 3 weeks, if not longer. The Cowboys could have a bad season. It may not be his fault, but people will point at every little mistake. He's not only betting on himself, he's betting on the Cowboys. And for what, the difference of a 4 or 5 year contract? You call that a smart business move? Keep in mind, in order to get another big contract after 4 years you actually have to play well in those 4 years. If he prices himself off the Cowboys and gets his 4 years in Jacksonville or Indianapolis, he probably won't get another big contract.