Video: Dak is the reason no signature

kskboys

Reaction score
That's fine. As long as he's not dead set on playing for the Cowboys. That him betting on himself and the team will make him more money, just not necessarily in Dallas. You don't pay a QB for what he did in the past, but what you expect him to do in the future. Which isn't much if he's taking up 20% of the cap.

The cap is probably not going up next year. He might just price himself out of Dallas if he does well. There is no way the Cowboys pay him 40M a year on a 4 year deal. That just can't happen. It would have to be more like 6-8 years. But he doesn't want that.
I seriously believe Dak is a confused kid who doesn't have a great grasp on economics.

kskboys

Reaction score
But you're missing one important part here.. When you say things like Jerry is the owner and Dak is the employee, you're implying that he is simply just a standard hire with the rules of a company like taco bell... The name of the game in the NFL is that you play under a contract and depending on how well you play this dictates your market value. Who sets the market value? Inflation and performance does and there is a very large gray area here with lots of moving parts... Dak is simply looking at what he has done thus far for the minuscule pay he has received and trying to get the best contract possible.

We can argue all day in terms of what dak is really worth, but at the end of the day what he is worth is what someone is willing to pay. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I believe that Big Mike is happy to have Dak on a tag in case they have a lack of chemistry. If things go well you can be damn sure the Jerry will get Dak signed.
Oooohhhh, I don't know about that. I think Dak was offered the best contract possible and turned it down.

Flamma

Reaction score
I seriously believe Dak is a confused kid who doesn't have a great grasp on economics.

I get that. I guess I just expected more from someone that is 26. Then I look back at myself at that age and see my folly.

kskboys

Reaction score
I get that. I guess I just expected more from someone that is 26. Then I look back at myself at that age and see my folly.
Been struggling to understand this myself. The only thing that makes sense is that Dak simply doesn't understand this, or does not want to be here.