1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Dak is trying to scam the Cowboys

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Frozen700, Aug 8, 2019.

1. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

33,250 Messages
    26,674 Likes Received
    I mean I honestly don't think Wentz has done much but if anyone wants to lead with his season two years ago where he was one of the best qb's in the league.......I can understand it. But I must've missed the Jimmy G and cousins era's.

DakPresgoat and ActualCowboysFan like this.
  2. Scotman

Scotman Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    2,775 Likes Received
    So, let me get this straight. Because I don't see things the same way you see things, I'm not a real fan. Is that accurate? Because it is exactly what you said. Some of my earliest memories in my life are watching the Cowboys with my dad. I was watching when Staubach replaced Morton. I haven't missed but a handful of games since then. But because I don't think Dak is running a scam, I'm not a real fan? And in return for being hopeful...I pick up a label..a "stan." What is that short for?

The team should wait to pay him. I would if there's no discount for paying him early. But I think he's a young QB who's done everything asked of him and is still getting better. I'm hopeful for this season and beyond and he's part of that hope.

The constant attacks from those that are already convinced he will fail, as well as those that attack any one who's afraid he can't get it done, completely undermine any real discussion here. It reduces any debate to name-calling and mudslinging. Instead of outlining your concerns and talking with other real fans about them, you discount and disparage any one who disagrees with you.

I am a REAL fan. I have been all of my life. I've always been a hopeful fan...but a fan just the same. And I don't have to call anyone names to try and get them to listen to my opinions.

Irvin88_4life likes this.
  3. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Well-Known Member

1,304 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    Dak "wasn't good enough to start" either. He was actually third on the depth chart, but was thrust into the starting role because of injuries to QB1 and QB2.
    If my argument will be irrelevant in three years does this mean your argument is irrelevant now? :lmao2:

WillieBeamen likes this.
  4. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

13,425 Messages
    11,495 Likes Received
    Dak has issues, but he plays well in the 4th and his legs and throws on the move help put us over the top in ways other QBs can't. He executes and makes plays to win games for us.

People expecting one player to carry the team seem to have trouble counting. 11 players on the field at a time, forty something playing each game. Team game.

DakPresgoat and Irvin88_4life like this.
  5. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

15,958 Messages
    10,716 Likes Received
    I don't think daks trying to scam the boys at all. The terrible market set by other teams being desperate for a qb is what's going to screw the boys!

rocyaice likes this.
  6. 408Cowboy

408Cowboy Well-Known Member

4,737 Messages
    6,170 Likes Received
    Since the focus seems to be how far down the depth chart they were to start their careers this is rather easy. One took 3 years to get his shot and keep the job. One took 2 injured players to get his and keep it. If Dak wasn't deemed good enough to start he wouldn't have kept the job when Romo was cleared to play.

Blake and Irvin88_4life like this.
  7. brooksey1

brooksey1 Zone Supporter

3,717 Messages
    3,384 Likes Received
    In Romo's first three seasons as a starter he threw for 300 yards 16 times vs Dak 2 times.

Afigueroa22 and WillieBeamen like this.
  8. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

18,232 Messages
    20,802 Likes Received
    Dak was good enough to start, rookie of the year and cowboy record of 11 straight wins. Of course he was down the depth chart it was half way through preseason even Romo got hurt.

408Cowboy, Blake and rocyaice like this.
  9. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

18,232 Messages
    20,802 Likes Received
    Different offense and Romo had T.O

10. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

33,250 Messages
    26,674 Likes Received
    That’s what people don’t understand. The offenses were much different.

Irvin88_4life likes this.
  11. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

4,042 Messages
    6,198 Likes Received
    And lots of bone headed interceptions. Don't forget the interceptions. In Dak's first three seasons in the league he was already starting and learning the ropes of becoming a competent starter while Romo was riding pine in his. In Dak's rookie year he went blow for blow and threw over 300 yards and 3 tds against Aaron Rogers's Packers in the playoffs while Romo in the same situation in his prime caved to the pressure as we knew he would; only throwing 191 yards to Roger's 316. Romo already had three seasons of experience in the league before he threw his first pass while Dak was thrust straight into the fire. Dak is finally at the same point Romo was when he first started. We'll see how the next three seasons play out.

12. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

4,042 Messages
    6,198 Likes Received
    Obviously he was because if he wasn't good enough to start Dak wouldn't of put Romo into retirement and kept the job.

13. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

16,352 Messages
    19,879 Likes Received
    I've been watching. I happen to believe they've been a little more accurate, is all.

Let's see if he's actually improved in the offseason, like his recent hype indicates.

Hey, I actually like the guy, although, sometimes that has nothing to do with it. ;)

Do me a solid and don't bore me with the convoluted stats that say otherwise, ok?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  14. mcmvp

mcmvp Well-Known Member

1,202 Messages
    1,095 Likes Received
    So it was Dak that forced Romo to retire? That’s news to me. I thought it was his back issues.

Afigueroa22 likes this.
  15. ActualCowboysFan

ActualCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,246 Messages
    6,453 Likes Received
    But that's baseless. Hell Jimmy G has played 10 games. Cousins folds everytime. Dak has beat him 4 times in 4 games played.

16. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

4,042 Messages
    6,198 Likes Received
    Romo still insisted on having an open QB competition that was denied. When he saw the writing on the wall he retired. Second, the best ability is availability, and Romo couldn't be depended on.

Bullflop and 408Cowboy like this.
  17. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

16,352 Messages
    19,879 Likes Received
    Dak is the lucky recipient of better support than Jimmy G has had and you're right about Cousins folding. Yet, both are more accurate.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    jnday, WillieBeamen and PAPPYDOG like this.
  18. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

10,432 Messages
    7,567 Likes Received
    :)):hammer:wake up Jerry Dak is good for sure solid starter can be a Franchise QB BUT not worth over 30 no way no how flip the market, Say NO..:popcorn:

Frozen700 likes this.
  19. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

6,022 Messages
    6,613 Likes Received
    I don't blame him for that, but I'm realistic. If his going rate gets too high, the team would not be able to afford the players around him that we need to succeed. Dak could end up on another team in order to be paid as much as possible. If he does, I'm not going to hate his guts or anything. I didn't hate Demarco Murray. The team simply could not afford to pay him what another team could. It was that simple.

rocyaice and Bullflop like this.
  20. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

12,050 Messages
    5,183 Likes Received
    ok, great. awesome...can you get with other Dak Fanatics and make sure they understand there is 10 other players on the field. seemingly they credit dak with all the come back wins.... and keep throwing that stat around.