Dak is trying to scam the Cowboys

phildadon86

Reaction score
How many playoff games did Pony throw for over 300 yards and three touchdowns? Certainly not in his first or third season. :muttley:
Also Dak didnt take the team on a vacation the week before a playoff game. The year we probably could have gone all the way. But hey. Its not possible to be a fan of both players and the team. Its hilarious to think someone cant be a fan of both Romo and Dak.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lol you're a clown with over 37k post on an online message-board :lmao:

Im not gonna engage in any more of your brain-dead posts. My Stance on Dak was well before Dez was off this team. He had me fooled for a year and a half just like he has you fooled now. But you are a fool, so i guess you have no issue with it :muttley:
I think the biggest issue for Dak was being destroyed in the Atlanta game with no help from his coaches. No QB can take a beating the way Dak did and be the same guy the next week. He started shaking it off last year. Just my opinon

Blake

Reaction score
Also Dak didnt take the team on a vacation the week before a playoff game. The year we probably could have gone all the way. But hey. Its not possible to be a fan of both players and the team. Its hilarious to think someone cant be a fan of both Romo and Dak.

I was a fan of Romo while he was playing. I'm just feel it is my obligation as a fan of the team to swat down the false narrative that gets spun around here, that he was somehow elite and in the same class as Manning, Brees, and other QB's who didn't suck in the post season.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think the biggest issue for Dak was being destroyed in the Atlanta game with no help from his coaches. No QB can take a beating the way Dak did and be the same guy the next week. He started shaking it off last year. Just my opinon
The Atlanta game when he went head over heels in the end zone for a touchdown. That's what I thought he became the leader of this offense. Does showed me his courage and guts. I believe in team this is a different NFL quarterbacks don't win by themselves alone. Prescott is a perfect quarterback in a perfect situation. I don't care how he would play if the system was different. It's not and that's all that matters the wins and losses and right now he's a winner

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was a fan of Romo while he was playing. I'm just feel it is my obligation as a fan of the team to swat down the false narrative that gets spun around here, that he was somehow elite and in the same class as Manning, Brees, and other QB's who didn't suck in the post season.
I agree my cowboy brother. It's the fake narratives people try to make up excuses to fit their agenda. Again I know exactly what we have in a quarterback and right now he's a winner I don't care if it's the scheme or what it is we're winning

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Wwwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Being highest paid today means being like 8th or 9th highest 3 years from now. That's why he and every other QB does that.

If he were the 8th or 9th best QB, you might have a point. He's more like 15th best, so you don't.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If he were the 8th or 9th best QB, you might have a point. He's more like 15th best, so you don't.
What a guy is paid and how they rank are independent of each other. What a guy asks for is always way high.

The point is there, it's just over your head.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
At least Dak showed up at training camp, unlike Zeke who never learned the lesson of honor among thieves.

jnday

Reaction score
Dak's numbers are better across the board.
Dak will be lucky to have a career that equals Dalton. When the talent level drops to the level that Dalton has to play with, I expect Dak’s numbers will be much worse. Dak can not play at a decent level without having great talent carrying him. When the talent is gone in Dallas, the team will be stuck with a below average QB making 30+ million a year. We will see how the Dak lovers defend him then.

jnday

Reaction score
Yep that's why all the Dak-Zoids are freaking out as they know there are only 2 chairs for 3 candidates.
How much you wanna bet Coop and Zeke get there chair and cash and Dak is still standing come kick-off time?

P.S. Only solution Dak will have is to take a real friendly TEAM deal or we are going QB shopping come the spring as I figure this upcoming year will be Dak's last as his ineptness will continue in grand form.
Cooper and Zeke can play well and contribute even around average talent. Dak doesn’t have that ability. He is dependent on the talent level of the team to have any hope of success.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper and Zeke can play well and contribute even around average talent. Dak doesn’t have that ability. He is dependent on the talent level of the team to have any hope of success.

Cooper didn't exactly light it up the last year and 1/2 he was in Oakland, and Zeke has never had to play in the NFL behind an ordinary O-Line, so I'm not sure this is clearly true. I do agree that Dak isn't really a "carry the team on his back" type QB, but outside of Brady, Brees and Rogers I don't know how many QBs truly can be said to carry the team on their back.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Cooper and Zeke can play well and contribute even around average talent. Dak doesn’t have that ability.

This is counterfactual and baseless. Hell of a combo. How's the greatest QB of all time doing without talent around him?

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Cooper didn't exactly light it up the last year and 1/2 he was in Oakland, and Zeke has never had to play in the NFL behind an ordinary O-Line, so I'm not sure this is clearly true. I do agree that Dak isn't really a "carry the team on his back" type QB, but outside of Brady, Brees and Rogers I don't know how many QBs truly can be said to carry the team on their back.
A rod isn't carrying anything lately tbh. Brees went 7-9 for 4 straight seasons without talent around them. These idiots just spout whatever narrative supports their argument regardless of its truthfulness.

Number1

Reaction score
He wants to be highest paid, based off what?

huh?

he has the best regular season stats for any QB in their first 3 years in the NFL and in 3 playoff games he's played as well as the opposing QBs: Rodgers, Wilson, and Goff. And he's 25 ... players like him.

like everyone else I'd like to see better play from the pocket (there's a lot involved in that)

but "scam" seems a bit much, he generally ain't the type

none of us have a good idea what is being negotiated, let's see what happens, but I'll bet money whatever is signed it will be pretty average a few years from now

plymkr

Reaction score
I haven't read all of this thread but I have concerns over Dak wanting to be the highest paid QB. One concern is that he is not the best QB in the league. I like Dak but he's not Aaron Rodgers, Brady, etc. I place Dak on the top of the second tier of QB's and he should be paid as so. And I like Dak but where he is in his career at this point in time is a top second tier QB, and that's being generous. The other concern I have in that if Jerry caves and makes him the highest paid QB the pressure will be on him through the media, fans, and possibly teammates to play to his contract. If he doesn't play the best in the league he will be butchered by the fans and the media. He's setting himself up to fail.