Dak is trying to scam the Cowboys

Nav22

Reaction score
For sure he should get some money, but he's average.

He should get like 15-20 mil a year and be happy.
That would make you feel less insecure about yourself, wouldn’t it?
:laugh:

Dak’s not average. YOU are average. And you can’t stand the fact that Dak is absolutely thrashing you at life.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
If I cherry pick numbers to push my agenda, then what do you call your numbers to push your agenda? Or do you not have numbers, just your eye test.
I have all of the above

I also have the opinions of players in the league

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He wants to be highest paid, based off what? He has issues with accuracy, can't carry a team on his back, and only has a high percentage throwing the ball because most of his throws are short range

Real fans don't need numbers to see he struggles with throwing a WR open ( if you have proof post a video of him doing it multiple times), throwing in tight windows, and deep/intermediate passes.

He knows this, he knows he's not that good. He knows this is his only chance to cash out, because he knows he might get exposed as not to good(like flacco), especially if Zeke doesn't play.

He's trying to scam us and strong arm us because really and truly I do agree with him, right now we have no better option. Doesn't make him a great option, just a convenient option. He knows Jerry can get desperate.

Let the guy play and show the world who he really is. If he balls out, I'll for sure rue. But I doubt he can put together a great season, and wow most of us.

Is there an actual quote of Dak saying he wants to be the highest paid QB?

sean10mm

Reaction score
There's no "scam" about it. He can ask for the money, and the Cowboys can decide if they want to spend it. It's just business for both sides.

Look at the Patriots, if a player demands too much they just punt the guy to the Buccaneers or Raiders like they did to Mankins (All-Pro) and Seymour (All-Pro, NFL All-2000s team). Sometimes you have to take a short term hit to keep from blowing up your team's overall ability to function with the cap.

Nav22

Reaction score
I agree with you OP but his stans will come in here showing cherry picked numbers to try and push their agenda
The guy in your avatar is unemployed and spends his days playing video games with kids on his Twitter feed. There isn’t a single NFL team interested in his services, so now he claims that he “doesn’t want to play.”

Losers relate to each other and have each other’s back. Losers can’t stand winners.

It makes so much sense that Dez is your avatar pic.

It makes so much sense that you can’t stand Dak.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He wants to be highest paid, based off what? He has issues with accuracy, can't carry a team on his back, and only has a high percentage throwing the ball because most of his throws are short range

Real fans don't need numbers to see he struggles with throwing a WR open ( if you have proof post a video of him doing it multiple times), throwing in tight windows, and deep/intermediate passes.

He knows this, he knows he's not that good. He knows this is his only chance to cash out, because he knows he might get exposed as not to good(like flacco), especially if Zeke doesn't play.

He's trying to scam us and strong arm us because really and truly I do agree with him, right now we have no better option. Doesn't make him a great option, just a convenient option. He knows Jerry can get desperate.

Let the guy play and show the world who he really is. If he balls out, I'll for sure rue. But I doubt he can put together a great season, and wow most of us.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Dak has won each of his last 4 games he played WITHOUT Zeke in the lineup.

Dallas scored 30+ points in 3 of those 4 games.

DURRRR BUT DAK NEEDS DA ZEKE OTHAWIZE DA OFFENTZ CANT DO NUTHINZ!!!

DAK’Z DEPENDENTZ ON ZEKE MEANZ HIZ SUCCASS DONT BE COUNTIN!!!

DURRRRRRRRR
This is a pretty dumb hill to die on.

Week 17 against the Giants last year was a pre-season game.

In 2017:

vs. Washington (7-9), the offense scored 31. Dak was 11-22, 102 yards. 2-0.
@ Giants (3-13), the offense scored 30. Dak was 20-30, 322 yards. 3-0.
@ Oakland (6-10), the offense scored 20. Dak was 18-27, 212 yards. 0-2.

So in all, against 4 garbage teams, there were 2 games in which you can point to the passing game as a reason for winning. One of them was meaningless against a Giants defense that was...not NFL calibre. We'll just go ahead and ignore the 3 preceding games against teams with winning records, in which the Cowboys failed to score more than 10 points or have 200 passing yards, because, you know, selective data.

Little Jr

Reaction score
If he was offered 34 million then

1. He's an idiot for not taking it.

2. Dallas has no long term future with that contract.
1. I agree

2. Not true. Tired of talking about the cap being a issue.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score

Tom Brady Yards per attempt

Dak Prescott Yards per attempt

Dan Marino Yards per attempt

Andrew Luck Yards per attempt

John Elway Yards per attempt

Brett Favre Yards per attempt

It’s gonna blow your mind when you see who has the highest completion % too.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score

So now "negotiating the best deal you can get" is a scam?

HungryLion

Reaction score
its surprising then that the other QBs signed so quickly....an accepted the deals offered to them at the levels they got.....so rumors are he is asking for 335-36 and cowboys offered 32-33 similar to Wentz and he is not accepting....

you can't spin this....

and I never said Dak is a scammer...I just pointed out, that not ALL QBs do this. Brady, is infamous for taking less than his market value so to allow the team to sign resources needed....Brady could easily ask for 40 mill a year and he would be right for asking given what he has done, what he is still able to do and where he is within the league.

I didn’t say you said Dak is a scammer. I said the OP.

I’m also not spinning anything.

Dak hasn’t signed yet. FACT.

We have no idea what the final number Dak will be signed for is: FACT

Anything else is just based off assumptions. People are assuming what will and is happening. Without knowing. Assuming is the actual spin.

Stating facts isn’t spin.

You also claimed to know what other QB’s did or did not do during negotiations. Unless you work for the teams or work for the players agent, you don’t know what the negotiations were like for those QB. You just know the final numbers they signed for. Anything you add onto that is again, assumption.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak is a good back-up that can win you some games on the fly. Outside of that, can’t complain about Dak trying to make money.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
1. I agree

2. Not true. Tired of talking about the cap being a issue.

Who is the QB that got paid a ton of money and the team won a Superbowl and the team around them didn't dwindle?

Rookie QB contracts and Vets like Brady on a paycut are what you want.

Paying a guy like Dak who has won squat and is dependent of guys around him will limit the Cowboys future. Just like it did when Romo got paid before he ever won anything.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
This is a pretty dumb hill to die on.

Week 17 against the Giants last year was a pre-season game.

In 2017:

vs. Washington (7-9), the offense scored 31. Dak was 11-22, 102 yards. 2-0.
@ Giants (3-13), the offense scored 30. Dak was 20-30, 322 yards. 3-0.
@ Oakland (6-10), the offense scored 20. Dak was 18-27, 212 yards. 0-2.

So in all, against 4 garbage teams, there were 2 games in which you can point to the passing game as a reason for winning. One of them was meaningless against a Giants defense that was...not NFL calibre. We'll just go ahead and ignore the 3 preceding games against teams with winning records, in which the Cowboys failed to score more than 10 points or have 200 passing yards, because, you know, selective data.
Boom

Why you had to do that man like that :lmao2: