Dak is trying to scam the Cowboys

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Frozen700, Aug 8, 2019.

1. 408Cowboy

408Cowboy Well-Known Member

4,280 Messages
    5,474 Likes Received
    My bad. I hear first start and go back to '06 in my head. It was 2007 Romo started his "first year". That year Glenn was basically shutdown hoping to recover for a playoff push.

For some irony let's....

What's good Beamen? Thank you for posting this. I see @Frozen700 gave you a like for the cherry picking comment. Glad to see he's here picking his own cherries. Talking about Romo's first year starting he was dominating defenses. Completely neglecting the bench time or all the starts and actual game time in 2006. From now on I'mma pretend his career started in '07 too.

Make believe is fun. Now I get why the Dak diehards do it so much. The Romo ones too for that matter.

2. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

3,555 Messages
    5,209 Likes Received
    Dak is 33 - 16 as the Cowboy's starting QB. He's led 9 4th quarter comeback wins
    He's been keeping it afloat as you call it.
    And yes, ownership and management is certainly the elephant in the room.
    Starting from 2003 it took Romo 11 seasons to finally "get there"
    Dak already has a significant head start.

408Cowboy likes this.
  3. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

1,713 Messages
    1,443 Likes Received
    I watched part of this, is this meant as a joke because it's petty sad if this is suppose to show Dak's greatness.
    I quit after about 5 examples of 4th quarter come backs, it's a joke stat and if this is what everyone is so enamored of with Dak's come backs please just stop. score any time in the 4th and don't loose the lead and it shows how great he is, it really shows that the Defense won a lot of the games if anything and some of the scores really really sad. Who really won the games is definitely not Dak and if your honest with your self you would see it. Appreciate Dak I understand but this is just ridiculous.

Vtwin and mcmvp like this.
  4. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

3,555 Messages
    5,209 Likes Received
    Well then, if it's a "Joke" stat then that eliminates a huge chunk of Romo's legacy that so many here are enamored with.

408Cowboy likes this.
  5. JayFord

JayFord Well-Known Member

4,776 Messages
    7,775 Likes Received
    Most of the highest paid QBs have done squat in the playoffs

Look at Matt Stafford

Blake likes this.
  6. 408Cowboy

4,280 Messages
    5,474 Likes Received
    I see what you mean about that. Not folding under pressure and getting the job done is something we shouldn't look for in a QB.

I can't wait for the season to start. Time to find out if it was Linehan or Dak that limited the offense once and for all.

7. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

10,220 Messages
    4,194 Likes Received
    aha, sure....ok....got it :rolleyes:

8. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

1,713 Messages
    1,443 Likes Received
    never said that, but do you honestly believe this video shows some inner greatness because he was the QB when the team scored with 10 minutes left, 8 minutes left, 7 minutes left etc etc. etc. No insult to Dak but that stat and video doesn't show diddly swat in regards to not folding, getting the job done or much of anything else IMHO.

Vtwin, NotForLong and 408Cowboy like this.
  9. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

10,220 Messages
    4,194 Likes Received
    brees is brees. he was top passer in the league before and always in the top 10. top 5. does he deserve that contract? compared to his performance?

Cousins was over paid IMO. but he got second highest. not the highest.

Wentz got to the numbers quickly...… people can sit there and argue fine little points about this and that and compare stats until cows come home. even dak fanatics have to admit, the stats are similar. I am not going to argue ceilings, etc. but he got 32-33.

right now, I will be nervous paying him 33-34 or 35 or 36 that he is asking. so we wait and see.

10. NotForLong

NotForLong Well-Known Member

1,863 Messages
    1,837 Likes Received
    Exactly if he was garbage all game we would be up by 2 or 3 scores instead of struggling to win

11. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

1,713 Messages
    1,443 Likes Received
    What does Romo have to do with anything why why why do you always bring Romo up, he didn't get Dallas anywhere either that's his legacy same as Dak to this point only difference is TR was a much better passer and QB but that don't mean crap he doesn't play any more, give it up. At least you begin to see it is a joke stat.

12. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

3,555 Messages
    5,209 Likes Received
    There's almost no comparison basis between a QB in their 3rd year and one who is already retired and who's legacy has been set in stone.
    It's stupid to say Romo was better than Dak, when Dak is just getting warmed up.

408Cowboy and PA Cowboy Fan like this.
  13. 408Cowboy

4,280 Messages
    5,474 Likes Received
    We were down and got the points. Whether the d held them after or the O chewed clock or a combination of so what? We won. The job got done. I don't care for how good it looks just get the W. I would like the urgency he shows at
    the end of halves to show up for the whole game though.

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  14. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

4,648 Messages
    2,098 Likes Received
    If I cherry pick numbers to push my agenda, then what do you call your numbers to push your agenda? Or do you not have numbers, just your eye test.

15. Future

Future Intramural Legend

21,583 Messages
    7,816 Likes Received
    What they signed for is irrelevant. The discussion is what they asked for. Every starting QB in the league - really, ever player - is asking for "more" than they are worth.

408Cowboy likes this.
  16. 408Cowboy

4,280 Messages
    5,474 Likes Received
    See my post at the top of the page.

17. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

4,648 Messages
    2,098 Likes Received
    There were multiple reports that the counter offer was 34m, not the highest paid. Then 105.3 came up with "sources" it was 36m. I guess it depends on which report you believe. I'll go with the 34m since typically the money doesn't go up on the agent/players end.

408Cowboy likes this.
  18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

47,736 Messages
    39,860 Likes Received
    It's not a matter of if he is good or not.

It's what he brings to the table and the money he wants.

19. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

8,646 Messages
    7,467 Likes Received
    Dak has won each of his last 4 games he played WITHOUT Zeke in the lineup.

Dallas scored 30+ points in 3 of those 4 games.

DURRRR BUT DAK NEEDS DA ZEKE OTHAWIZE DA OFFENTZ CANT DO NUTHINZ!!!

DAK’Z DEPENDENTZ ON ZEKE MEANZ HIZ SUCCASS DONT BE COUNTIN!!!

DURRRRRRRRR

Blake likes this.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

47,736 Messages
    39,860 Likes Received
    If he was offered 34 million then

1. He's an idiot for not taking it.

2. Dallas has no long term future with that contract.