Dak isn't changing plays at the LOS

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You've faced 3 of the toughest defenses you will see all year....be thankful we are 2-1 and move on to the Rams.......its going to be another tough one..........

How is this even addressing the discussion?

Their ranking here doesn't matter - this doesn't influence why he's not changing plays. Does ranking somehow stop a QB from changing plays at the line the entire game? I get a defense fooling you on reads, or even faking a blitz and a QB biting. I'm talking about just lining up and going.

It was the oddest thing I've seen for some time on offense and I think it's the biggest issue we are facing right now. Either Dak isn't reading the defense correctly or this coaching staff has a lot to answer for.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
Welcome to the board Scott Linehan.

Can you clue us in on the silent signals and audibles so us stupid casual fans can know every read Dak has?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Great defenses beat great offenses more often than not, and we've played three of them to start the year. We've looked about like anymintelligent fan should have expected, and ugly wins are how to beat teams like this. It's why even with bad offenses great defensive teams rarely finish with less than 7-8 wins, they make the game ugly and close late.

When we drop 38 on LA next week you'll be nowhere to be found.

Didn't even address the point of this thread.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Didn't even address the point of this thread.

Your point is there are pathological faults with the offense, namely the lack of adjustments at the line and the play of the OL.

I just saved everyone a lot of time and skipped several posts of back and forth to get to the point; namely, that you're a reactionary poster lacking both context and relevant insight.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Because it's a stupid point. It's getting the respect it deserves

"It's stupid" adds nothing.

If you can't point out what is actually stupid, specifically, you have nothing. Heck, this thread doesn't even have to bash Dak - it could possibly be on the coaches.

weaver21

Reaction score

Their ranking here doesn't matter - this doesn't influence why he's not changing plays. Does ranking somehow stop a QB from changing plays at the line the entire game? I get a defense fooling you on reads, or even faking a blitz and a QB biting. I'm talking about just lining up and going.

It was the oddest thing I've seen for some time on offense and I think it's the biggest issue we are facing right now. Either Dak isn't reading the defense correctly or this coaching staff has a lot to answer for.

He's a young quarterback and he needs time to learn how to read defenses and change plays. I doubt Brady or Peyton Manning were LOS magicians when they first entered the league. The more experience he gets, the better he'll get at reading defenses and that'll allow him to change plays at the LOS.

TWOK11

Reaction score

We've run on 8 and 9 man fronts before, just not ones this talented. At some point we'll do the same to lesser defenses and shred them.

River82

Reaction score
"It's stupid" adds nothing.

If you can't point out what is actually stupid, specifically, you have nothing.

If you can't demonstrate exactly how he's not changing the plays at the LOS, then you have nothing.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Your point is there are pathological faults with the offense, namely the lack of adjustments at the line and the play of the OL.

I just saved everyone a lot of time and skipped several posts of back and forth to get to the point; namely, that you're a reactionary poster lacking both context and relevant insight.

Still added nothing - again, show me where Dak killed a play, show me where he was helping the line against the defense, show me where he avoided Zeke from running into a blitz or a loaded box.

I'm telling you, you won't find it in this game. It was line up and go - now maybe that was a weird strategy going in - but this strategy or problem with Zeke, had us put up our lowest yardage total on offense since 2005 in the first half.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If you can't demonstrate exactly how he's not changing the plays at the LOS, then you have nothing.

I have the entire game - I am asking you to show me where he checked out of a play tonight. It was line up and go, I saw no communication from him with the other players once he was at the line. If it happened, it sure as hell wasn't happening enough.

It took Zeke, luckily, breaking some tackles in the backfield to get something going. I get Zeke is some people's MVP last year on offense, but running into a loaded box and blitzes constantly is too much for even top 5 RBs.

River82

Reaction score
I have the entire game - I am asking you to show me where he checked out of a play tonight.

And yet again you still have nothing.

You are the one to make the claim, and you've done nothing to demonstrate your point.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He's a young quarterback and he needs time to learn how to read defenses and change plays. I doubt Brady or Peyton Manning were LOS magicians when they first entered the league. The more experience he gets, the better he'll get at reading defenses and that'll allow him to change plays at the LOS.

....but he was doing it last year. This is what is confusing, why this isn't happening. I saw Dak going to the line and point stuff out to them constantly and killing plays, I haven't seen this and I didn't see it last week (I didn't watch the 4th quarter)

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And yet again you still have nothing.

You are the one to make the claim, and you've done nothing to demonstrate your point.

I'm saying the entire game - did you want me to post a link to a 3 hour football game?

movaughn88

Reaction score
I have the entire game - I am asking you to show me where he checked out of a play tonight. It was line up and go, I saw no communication from him with the other players once he was at the line. If it happened, it sure as hell wasn't happening enough.

It took Zeke, luckily, breaking some tackles in the backfield to get something going. I get Zeke is some people's MVP last year on offense, but running into a loaded box and blitzes constantly is too much for even top 5 RBs.

Matt I've not agreed with you in the past brother, but it seems to me that we have clearly established a dominant player as a DE and a QB that is average to above average in the pocket and elite outside the pocket. I think you're going to lose.

links18

Reaction score
They need to move the pocket more often in the first quarter to loosen the defense up a little bit. But yeah, they can't keep running Elliot into stacked fronts and hoping he "becomes his own blocker," or whatever Gruden said. If this is Dak not reading the defense or just bad game planning or play calling, I don't know.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
I noticed he didn't seem to be changing as many plays. I thought that was a good thing too.