Dak isn't changing plays at the LOS

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
maybe he was instructed by Ginger to run on a loaded box ,we dont know.what we know is Dak can count and they want to establish the run no matter what which actually helped us this game in play action.

last week we allegedly gave up on the run, this week we stuck with it and it paid some dividends in the second half,,,

HardBlitz

Reaction score
It seemed to me early on that when they had a run play called Dak would snap the ball and run the play only time I saw him making adjustments pre snap was when they had a pass play called. Although we won the game this can become a problem.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
last week we allegedly gave up on the run, this week we stuck with it and it paid some dividends in the second half,,,

Yes because the Cards could only muster up 7 points after holding the ball for most of the 1st half. Denver situation was different in that their offense was not only moving the ball they were putting points on the board. Hard to stick with the run when you are gaining nothing and the opposing team is putting up points.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It seemed to me early on that when they had a run play called Dak would snap the ball and run the play only time I saw him making adjustments pre snap was when they had a pass play called. Although we won the game this can become a problem.

Yeah, which is the point I'm making. I didn't see him killing plays, Zeke shouldn't be losing 3-4 yards on runs. Defenders are shooting gaps and getting to backfield far too easily, Dak needs to start communicating better with what he's seeing.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Yes because the Cards could only muster up 7 points after holding the ball for most of the 1st half. Denver situation was different in that their offense was not only moving the ball they were putting points on the board. Hard to stick with the run when you are gaining nothing and the opposing team is putting up points.

we gave up on the run when only down 7/14 in Denver.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Dak had a great game. Great. He was dominated in time of possession and threw for ~150yds in the second half, overcoming a bad game in DEN and a bad first half. Zeke was sporadic.

Give it a rest.

Dak is here to stay. FRANCHISE QB.

Shaddup

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Everything can hurt us in the future. Where is our all-pro O-line? If Zeke is getting stuffed 4 yards in the backfield, yeah that's Daks fault.

Do you understand there are only so many guys an O-Line can block? Do you want each of them to take on two players at a time? That's not how it works.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak had a great game. Great. He was dominated in time of possession and threw for ~150yds in the second half, overcoming a bad game in DEN and a bad first half. Zeke was sporadic.

Give it a rest.

Dak is here to stay. FRANCHISE QB.

Let's cool it with the franchise QB stuff.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You think Dak had a bad game?

He had 18 pass attempts, 12 completions. This is Alex Smith level - he had 2 good throws, he was AWFUL in the first half. People can mention we barely had the ball in the first, but that is partly the fault of the offense for not getting a first down until the second quarter.

I tend to remember the entire game, while others tend to just look at the end result. This wasn't the Super Bowl, it was week 3 against the Cards. There are some serious problems with this team, I haven't seen us be that out of sync for some time. It was an embarrassing display of offense for about 6 quarters (Including Denver)

Stuff like this creeps up again or stays consistently a problem.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
we gave up on the run when only down 7/14 in Denver.

we gave up on the run because we could not move the ball. Dallas running just to run is not playing ball it is running the clock out on yourself. Dallas did a poor job passing in that game to the point Denver was not going to back off.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
He had 18 pass attempts, 12 completions. This is Alex Smith level - he had 2 good throws, he was AWFUL in the first half. People can mention we barely had the ball in the first, but that is partly the fault of the offense for not getting a first down until the second quarter.

I tend to remember the entire game, while others tend to just look at the end result. This wasn't the Super Bowl, it was week 3 against the Cards. There are some serious problems with this team, I haven't seen us be that out of sync for some time. It was an embarrassing display of offense for about 6 quarters (Including Denver)

Look at his second half stats, my bro.

The whole offense was bad the first half.

Franchise QB's take over games in the second half and win win win

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Do you understand there are only so many guys an O-Line can block? Do you want each of them to take on two players at a time? That's not how it works.

I understand that there are the same amount of players on both sides of the ball.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

It wasn't a Super Bowl, sure. And stats like he had (end game stats) are rather close to a Super Bowl line -- like you, I look at the whole game.

Not just parts. The whole game.

That pass to Butler in the endzone, where he rolled out and threw across his body, was a big boy throw.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Matty, just so I know where you're coming from, are you sayin Dak isn't a franchise QB, or that you want to see more?

It's clear you weren't impressed with yesterday's showing, but I want to know your stance, if you don't mind.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Would you say he's been getting good OL play?