Dak isn't changing plays at the LOS

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I seen that and one where he turned his back and touched his elbow
I guess maybe he was just bored but I thought he was changing something
Changing the play can be changing a route or to another pass or run play. I don't think he appeared to have changed plays as much this week but that could have been because it didn't work well last week
The elbow touching! Don't know why I had him playing mini drums but yes that little move. I'm not sure how good of an audible it was or how many times he changes plays, but the kid's a gamer; 2nd half and the running TD. We got outcoached in DEN; gameplan was predictable and the team was unprepared; similar to this week until Dak took on as player-coach similar to Romo in the past.

I was concerned as everyone else about the last 6 qtrs of play, but it was shown Dak can carry this team if needed. He would prefer to manage but can strap the team on his back too. That was a big confidence game for the team and hope Linehan can institue more rollout/PA especially on 1st downs where we seem to run every play.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Regarding Dak....he's changing plays, but after catching flak for doing so in the first game on the goal line, he may be more cautious.

Regarding Zeke....I'm not seeing the burst, not seeing the attack, especially not seeing him finish runs, but he also didn't get any action in preseason, which I think was a mistake. He's coming along.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Everything can hurt us in the future. Where is our all-pro O-line? If Zeke is getting stuffed 4 yards in the backfield, yeah that's Daks fault.
Part of the problem there is when the lineman are pulling to go down field and block the guys they don't block are making the tackle in the backfield or at the line.
so they need to give up on the downfield blocking and just block straight up in certain situations.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to line it up and run what's called.

Ken

Reaction score
Regarding Dak....he's changing plays, but after catching flak for doing so in the first game on the goal line, he may be more cautious.

Regarding Zeke....I'm not seeing the burst, not seeing the attack, especially not seeing him finish runs, but he also didn't get any action in preseason, which I think was a mistake. He's coming along.
I'm not seeing the burst either. I am concerned but I was also saying I was concerned early last year with his burst and then he started busting runs left and right.

I'm going to be patient but I am concerned he is out of shape.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The Cowboys are passing more this year and Dak is certainly changing plays at the LOS.

khiladi

Reaction score
The topic of this had to do with the Cowboys offensive performance this year.
1. A poster counters OP statement about offensive struggles by stating we were playing tough defenses.
2. You questioned his claim that these were tough defenses based on other teams offensive performances against those same defenses. As I see it, the only logical reason for your statement would be that you believe our offense has struggled and your basis for that argument was those other teams offensive performances against those same defenses.
3. I countered that our offense outperformed both those teams offensive performances against those same defenses. Now I happen to believe our offense has struggled but their struggles are no different than they were at the start of last year and look how things worked out. But that doesn't make the basis for your argument sound unless your argument had nothing to do with this thread. Hence my comment "What was your point?" as it relates to the topic of this thread.

No the basis for that is those teams defensive rankings against even garbage teams..