Dak isn't changing plays at the LOS

Plankton

Reaction score
Every time that I read a post by the OP, I envision this reaction as he types it:

tumblr_o2ntx7ULKx1rvhqlvo3_500.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
Zeke has been disappointing, my man.

Maybe it's my general disgust in how they've looked thus far this year, but I swear I saw two plays last night where there was a hole and Elliott didn't seem to have the same explosion through the line that he had last year. There was one in the 2nd half where Green and Smith opened up a huge hole and Elliott just didn't get through it. I don't particularly pay attention to stuff like that but it was pretty noticeable to me.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I don't usually agree with the op on anything related to Dak, but I noticed he scaled back his audibles last night specifically.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Maybe it's my general disgust in how they've looked thus far this year, but I swear I saw two plays last night where there was a hole and Elliott didn't seem to have the same explosion through the line that he had last year. There was one in the 2nd half where Green and Smith opened up a huge hole and Elliott just didn't get through it. I don't particularly pay attention to stuff like that but it was pretty noticeable to me.
Absolutely, Syd.

Zeke has zero burst. He showed it on one play last night. A 10 plus yard run to the left. Even his large gains were a product of the line.

His mind isn't in the game. I hope that's what it is.

It isn't as bad as Gurley's year two, but it's disconcerting.

I hope his postivie attitude he displayed in the locker room carries over to game 4, and he explodes. I hope this is all mental. He finally looked right after the game, like he was enjoying the win.

Sydla

Reaction score
Rodgers couldn't even beat the Falcons, and we couldn't beat Rodgers. We would have been stomped - they were in a zone that only the GOAT could break.

You really have no idea how it would have played out.

GB was a good matchup for Atlanta. Couldn't really run the ball allowing Beasley and others to in their ears back and go after Rodgers. Plus GB plays right into Atlanta's up tempo, get it rolling offense.

I have no idea if we would have won but stating we couldn't have is just chuckleworthy at this point. You have no idea.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
oh please, we beat Rodgers early in the year and it took a no call hold to beat us in the end. Ryan melts when it counts.

We beat him early in the year, sure. But we didn't beat him when the Packers got hot at the end of the season, now did we? How did our defense play against him?

Again, Matt Ryan and the Falcons were hotter in the playoffs than Rodgers, and Rodgers couldn't do anything against them. We would have been dominated.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Zeke just looks out of shape to me, football shape, but seems to be getting it back a little. Even my wife noticed his lack of exploison and she is a casual observer if that.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Zeke just looks out of shape to me, football shape, but seems to be getting it back a little. Even my wife noticed his lack of exploison and she is a casual observer if that.

yeah I would agree, he finally seemed to be getting it back a little

conner01

Reaction score
The offense wouldn't have been on the bench if they got a first down in the first quarter...
True but how many processions did they have
Every time you have the ball you aren't gonna have a big drive and if you go 3 and out that first drive and don't get it back that's more about the defense
They marched up and down the field at will in the early part of the game
It would be nice to have a good drive to start the game
It would also be nice to stop them early in the game two
Both sides came around and got going and we beat a good team

mattjames2010

Reaction score
True but how many processions did they have
Every time you have the ball you aren't gonna have a big drive and if you go 3 and out that first drive and don't get it back that's more about the defense
They marched up and down the field at will in the early part of the game
It would be nice to have a good drive to start the game
It would also be nice to stop them early in the game two
Both sides came around and got going and we beat a good team

The Cards moved down the field twice - again, we had the ball twice in the first quarter. We didn't get a first down, Cards did. They simply didn't score quickly. The problem was the offense, you don't get first downs or score quickly, it will be lopsided in terms of time of possession.

khiladi

Reaction score
And the Cardinals gave up an avg of 24 points in the previous 2 games and we scored 28 on them.

We beat the giants by 16 points and the eagles beat them in OT by 3. Not sure of your
I'm not even saying Dak is having an incredible start this year but he started off last year about the same and look where we ended up.. Give the Offense a chance.

As for this repeated comparison of Romo and Dak. Were people comparing Romo to Staubach and Aikman back in 2006/7. I don't think so. It would be absurd to do that and it is absurd to do this now.

So because we 'scored more' against a team that is giving up points regularly, that somehow establishes their defense is a top of the line defense?

What are you even talking about?

pete026

Reaction score
So because we 'scored more' against a team that is giving up points regularly, that somehow establishes their defense is a top of the line defense?

What are you even talking about?
The topic of this had to do with the Cowboys offensive performance this year.
1. A poster counters OP statement about offensive struggles by stating we were playing tough defenses.
2. You questioned his claim that these were tough defenses based on other teams offensive performances against those same defenses. As I see it, the only logical reason for your statement would be that you believe our offense has struggled and your basis for that argument was those other teams offensive performances against those same defenses.
3. I countered that our offense outperformed both those teams offensive performances against those same defenses. Now I happen to believe our offense has struggled but their struggles are no different than they were at the start of last year and look how things worked out. But that doesn't make the basis for your argument sound unless your argument had nothing to do with this thread. Hence my comment "What was your point?" as it relates to the topic of this thread.

Zman5

Reaction score
Dak isn't changing the plays because he probably feels all the plays suck so why bother.

Wood

Reaction score
I can't be the only one seeing this. And no, I'm not counting the freakin' read option plays. I'm talking about plays where it's clear the Cards are loading the box or going with an all out blitz, and we have Elliott running directly into it.

I doubt Garrett took this away from Dak. This was our biggest problem for the majority of the game, and I didn't see Dak doing it at the end either.

People may want to overlook this because they are high on the W. This offense still has some serious problems, and if the Cards would have scored early often like the Broncos did, this could have been a completely different game. Luckily Lawrence played at DPOY type level.

On a side note: Green and Collins need to return to their natural NFL positions. It's not working out.

We have to agree that Dak just wins. Have to. Its not always pretty but I promise you alot of NFL teams wish they had him.