Dak isn't changing plays at the LOS

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It wasn't a Super Bowl, sure. And stats like he had (end game stats) are rather close to a Super Bowl line -- like you, I look at the whole game.

Not just parts. The whole game.

That pass to Butler in the endzone, where he rolled out and threw across his body, was a big boy throw.

Yes, and now we got to hope he hits those throws weekly while our run game is being shut down or Zeke is getting hit in the backfield and we have a 2nd and third and longs. Did he even make any big throws from the pocket?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Would you say he's been getting good OL play?

It's not on the level of 2016, but it is in no way terrible. There are plenty of teams that would take our level of OL play.

I think we are missing that push in the middle with the run game, which is why I want Collins back at guard. I was strength there, a player that can knock defenders heads off - instead, we have Collins out at tackle trying to be a finesse player while Green needs to become a bull.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It's not on the level of 2016, but it is in no way terrible. There are plenty of teams that would take our level of OL play.

I think we are missing that push in the middle with the run game, which is why I want Collins back at guard. I was strength there, a player that can knock defenders heads off - instead, we have Collins out at tackle trying to be a finesse player while Green needs to become a bull.
Zeke has been disappointing, my man.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yes, and now we got to hope he hits those throws weekly while our run game is being shut down or Zeke is getting hit in the backfield and we have a 2nd and third and longs. Did he even make any big throws from the pocket?
No, because the pocket was collapsing on him. If he can make those cross-body throws, he can make throws in the pocket, my man

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Probably told him to not audible out of run plays so much.

Obviously, you would like to score early and often. But this isn't a dink-n-dunk offense. It's an offense that works when we run the ball to keep defenses honest and then bootleg off of it. Then we can create more 10 vs. 10 run plays and if the weakside contain crashes down, burn them with the bootleg. Then we can have plays that look like run plays, but have an extra blocker and give us time to run some plays designed for a deep pass. Then if you want to go shotgun, dink-n-dunk, you can sprinkle that in on a few 2nd downs.

It's not so much about 'establishing the run' as it is about manipulating the defense to put your offense in a favorable position to execute a big pass play. You need to have the patience to do that even when the run isn't working early on. Against the Broncos we did none of this.

YR

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Smith is fine, but he doesn't put the team on his back. You need a complete team to win games with him.
To be fair, he's been killing it this season thus far.

Still, he is a bus driver until I see him do what he's done for a whole season.

Dak isn't Alex. Alex wasn't making these kinds of throws year one and two.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No, because the pocket was collapsing on him. If he can make those cross-body throws, he can make throws in the pocket, my man

I didn't really see the line breaking down, I thought in passing it held up quite well. There were a few plays i thought he could have stood in the pocket a little longer.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I didn't really see the line breaking down, I thought in passing it held up quite well. There were a few plays i thought he could have stood in the pocket a little longer.
Maybe a couple plays, but he's a second year guy still on the up and up.

He was very good, my brother. I respect your opinion because I respect you, I just don't agree with you. He had subpar line play last night and had to be a playmaker. In the second half, he was outstanding, Matt.

ghst187

Reaction score
Lol.

Wait till we give him a defense. Dude is gonna win a title at some point. Fearless leader. Keep moving those goal posts

Change "defense" to "head coach" and I'm in.
We should've won it all last year and in 2014.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Change "defense" to "head coach" and I'm in.
We should've won it all last year and in 2014.

The Falcons would have destroyed us.

I agree though, 2014 was our year to AT LEAST appear in a Super Bowl. Hard to predict if we can beat the GOAT.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
@percyhoward

When was the last time a QB went this far into their career without losing back-to-back regular season games?

conner01

Reaction score
In shotgun all wides he changed the play when he turned his back to the D to perform some gesture to his WRs (like he was playing drums gesture). I remember bc he did this awkward audible last game too.
I seen that and one where he turned his back and touched his elbow
I guess maybe he was just bored but I thought he was changing something
Changing the play can be changing a route or to another pass or run play. I don't think he appeared to have changed plays as much this week but that could have been because it didn't work well last week

conner01

Reaction score
Look at his second half stats, my bro.

The whole offense was bad the first half.

Franchise QB's take over games in the second half and win win win
The whole offense was on the bench most of the first half which was more about stopping them than anything else
The defense started stopping them and the offense started making plays
Oh, and we won

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The whole offense was on the bench most of the first half which was more about stopping them than anything else
Oh, and we won

The offense wouldn't have been on the bench if they got a first down in the first quarter...

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Oh, and we won
:dance::dance::dance::starspin::yourock: