Dak: Just how people feel - What it says if the contract isn't done before season

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I'll tell you how I might feel Dak. If I paid you 160M over 4 years and your playoff record in 6 games is 2-4 and we haven't sniffed a Conference Championship game and your performances have been a BIG contributing factor... then I probably didn't get my money's worth.

And maybe, maybe you're not worth 220M+ over the next 4 years like you think you are.

GINeric

Reaction score
I'm just SO HAPPY you said you'll be done with the Cowboys and done with this board if Dak gets a new deal!!!

I'll keep reminding you until then so you're not tempted to backtrack.
:thumbup:

He won't honor what he said as far as leaving this board if Dak gets a new deal. He's a hypocrite full of double standards. His weak *** is one of those loser trolls who only come around the board after losses, but when we win, the coward hide from the board until our next loss.

Mikexike

Reaction score
He didn’t have the leverage last year that he does now. The clock is ticking, and if he enters the regular season which is less than two weeks away without a new contract, he may play out the season and explore free agency. We’re almost certain to lose him if that happens. No one thought he wouldn’t have a new contract by now.
Good, He will go ruin another team that can't get him a supporting cast cause he's over paid.

Mikexike

Reaction score
I'll tell you how I might feel Dak. If I paid you 160M over 4 years and your playoff record in 6 games is 2-4 and we haven't sniffed a Conference Championship game and your performances have been a BIG contributing factor... then I probably didn't get my money's worth.

And maybe, maybe you're not worth 220M+ over the next 4 years like you think you are.
Hopefully this is how the jones are thinking.

Bunston10

Reaction score
Don't care. $60m odd for a slightly better than average QB? Have a look at the fans that turn up and support him and buy shirts and the hardship in some of their lives.. Bloke is privileged and should in reality be happy to play for nothing if he loves Dallas.
Let him go and prepare for the next 5 years.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Good, He will go ruin another team that can't get him a supporting cast cause he's over paid.
How many QBs in the NFL aren’t overpaid? All he needs is a damn defense that steps up in playoffs. No QB is going to win if their defense plays like CRAP in the playoffs. Even without a running game he’s shown he can throw for a ton yards and TDs. He puts up big numbers because he has to.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Dak demanding to be the highest paid Player in the NFL is really gonna sabotage his career here in Dallas. Seems Jerry is willing to see what Dak does this season before he is willing to pay $60m per. He and his agent thinking FA will get him a contract north of $60m is wishful thinking. I only see a couple of teams dumb enough to do that, but certainly not for a 30+ year old QB who hasn’t won anything other than a WC game against a sub .500 team.

Hopefully he sticks to test the FA market and not sign with the Cowboys, playing a game of chicken with Jerry. Don’t let the door hitya where the Good Lord splitya.

NotForLong

Reaction score
He didn’t have the leverage last year that he does now. The clock is ticking, and if he enters the regular season which is less than two weeks away without a new contract, he may play out the season and explore free agency. We’re almost certain to lose him if that happens. No one thought he wouldn’t have a new contract by now.
Actually many have thought this but with Jerry as GM we ere not yet for sure

Mikexike

Reaction score
How many QBs in the NFL aren’t overpaid? All he needs is a damn defense that steps up in playoffs. No QB is going to win if their defense plays like CRAP in the playoffs. Even without a running game he’s shown he can throw for a ton yards and TDs. He puts up big numbers because he has to.
Yup, the defense is bad but so is the pick 6 king in the playoffs.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He's probably going to tank on purpose if not paid. Good luck as a Raider next year bub.
Why? It would not benefit him to do that. He's better off being in the running for MVP again to get the highest offer possible as a free agent.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
As much as I want him gone, I can understand where he's coming from lol. After those remarks from Jerry I'd basically say **** it, let's see what's out there. Can't blame him

Why can't they just all keep their mouths shut? And don't give me that "they're being asked by the media" crap. They could always say "no comment until a decision has been made" or something in the likes.

I'm beginning to think they're all just playing out a script from Jerry. "Hey fellas, let's try to stay in the news ok? Here's what everyone has to say" haha

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If he were to suffer a serious injury, as in career threatening, that could certainly change a lot of things. Anything involving his throwing elbow or shoulder that requires surgery could definitely deter teams.
Either way, Dallas would be looking for a new QB. Cowboys fans seem to care about what Dak is going to do without the Cowboys more than they care about what the Cowboys are going to do without Dak.

Mikexike

Reaction score
As much as I want him gone, I can understand where he's coming from lol. After those remarks from Jerry I'd basically say **** it, let's see what's out there. Can't blame him

Why can't they just all keep their mouths shut? And don't give me that "they're being asked by the media" crap. They could always say "no comment until a decision has been made" or something in the likes.
Someone has to be the bad guy. It's sound like dak is actually turning into CD's instagram post. black spider man baby.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Either way, Dallas would be looking for a new QB. Cowboys fans seem to care about what Dak is going to do without the Cowboys more than they care about what the Cowboys are going to do without Dak.
I assure you that the Cowboys can not win any playoff games without Dak just as well as they can with Dak.